The Warm and Tranquil Room! (Part 4)

Comments

• talia11talia11 Posts: 185
    Forum Member
    FT I will have my eyes glued to the tv on Friday night. You should be easy to spot between Terry Wogan and Pudsey.

Doug Yes Star is the boss but she is very nice as long as we all behave :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,873
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What on earth is a cucumber quickstep? do you think she will teach her auntie . Just back from dancing was good to go through all the comp dances ( not our class so just did our dances when the right music was on) DS said, and I agree, was good to bein a busy class where they were doing different routines from us. We did not get any attention from teacher as not our class but was go to practice floor craft navigating around them also makes me follow rather than back lead. Also for quick step we are making up own routine so to speak so I have to follow as don't know what DS is going to do next.

Came back via Tesco and they are selling Christmas decorations half price so got some nice wooden tree decorations and some new buables to add to the many I already have. Love my Christmas trees

Weather really cold and frosty today and foggy tonight.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Welcome to Doug

Good luck to Georgi and BBC (thanks for the information about Blackpool Georgi).

Will be watching CIN and Ident1. Any way of picking you out from the crowd FT? (Watched the Brendan Live and Unjudged DVD but wasn't sure if you were visible in the audience or not)
  • Force TenForce Ten Posts: 7,988
    Forum Member
    I doubt you will be able to pick me out amongst the 500 doing the cha cha for the Ident VL. I was interviewed for ITT but will probably end up on the cutting room floor! I think the Hairy Bikers programme Saggy and I went to is on this Thursday as well.

Saggy said she could see me in the audience in the Brendan Live and Unjudged dvd. I haven't actually watched it yet.

Looks as if I'm going to be out all day on Friday so I'll have to set the V+box before I go out.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,423
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you knew exactly where your were on the Brendan show then you might be able to pick yourself out. The lighting made identifying anoyone difficult, the blue lighting kind of made everyone look like they had blue faces.

Are you getting starstruck FT? wanting to be on the tv screen? personally I like watching the shows but would rather not be appearing on camera.

A bit windy and gloomy here taoday, hope it doesnt rain before I do the dog walk. This week we keep meeting Flossy's friend, Clive, in the wood. I always have some small dog biscuits in my pocket and Clive knows that and is very quick to come and ask for a biscuit. Notmally Flossy isnt that keep on plain dog biscuits but she will have them if Clive or Bella come and ask.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,991
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its dull here but seems dry. Arm and ribs are sore am fed up with it.

FT you are going to be famous soon, we'll need a red carpet at the entrance to the W&T room soon lol. Or should that be a pink and sparkly carpet!!:D Which ITT were you filmed for?

Doug hope we havent scared you off already. We tend to abbreviate alot because its easier and thought I should point out that HRH is a cat and that we dont have the Queen as one of our members lol:D:D

EJ does that mean Floss only likes fancy biscuits?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Star Flossy likes sausage and cheeses as her come back bribe, she wouldnt come for a plain old dog biscuit. If she is on her own she would spit the biscuit out but she does eat them if there is another dog in competition.:D

I would tend to be careful about revealing identity on here, there are some strange people lurking around. One thing that you know yourself that you might be on the tv in the background and telling people you know is one thing describing where you are sitting and what you are wearing is quite another. Maybe I am being over cautious but these days perhpas you need to be.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Had such a good productive day . Conference paper draft proposl done and submitted. 2100 word done on assignment and sent to tutor for thoughts and pointers. Word count is 2000 to 2500 but have conclusion to add . Harvard referencing done . House and car keys located . O h and diet going well 5lb lost in two weeks. Extra dancingin prep for Blackpool helping there
  • talia11talia11 Posts: 185
    Forum Member
    Evening all

Dreadful day here wind, rain, cold you name we have it so have popped in for some hot chocolate which Star has left. I have brought marshmallows and chocolate biscuits so please help youselves.

FT I am so jealous of you getting to all these shows. Not much opportunity up here to take part in these kind of shows. I saw Anton and Erin last year and am hoping to go to the tour show next year in Glasgow.

Georgi well done on having a good day. It is nice when everything works out as planned and congatulations on losing 5 lbs.

Just noticed the time off to watch ITT.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dress done apart from putting poppers on as need to fit it in her to do that. Have even put some hidden bling on the inside of skirt waist bands ( dress is really a leotard with two skirts one for Latin and one for ballroom) she can't have any bling on show due to rules but I just know she and her mum can't wait till she is 16 for bling. So put small heart shaped stone on each were it will not be seen but she will know it's there.
  • bluebluecowbluebluecow Posts: 521
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    oh wow bling yeah

Its true we love bling, I do like the rules for keeping them young, BUT a little bit of bling wouldnt hurt, lol

Liz
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I see one of the really evil threads has gone courtesy of the mods. Good thing that, I read it a few times just to see whar DougP was talking about.

I am really going to miss my lesson this week. I will wake up thinking it is Saturday and then the whole weekend will be on the scrap heap.

Will be looking online for the results of the Blackpool UK Championships as there are several couples from my school competing and I am hoping they do well.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't see why they can't allow a bit of bling. It's the overtly sexy stuff for younger contestants which is a problem.

I haven't really been reading the other threads, which is just as well from what you are saying EJ.

Only one dance lesson this week, and so fairly quiet in that respect although will be out all Saturday morning and afternoon. Hoping to get home for Strictly though.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well they are not even allowed any decoration till 12. Dress has to be all one colour. No wonder they go ott with the lace on thier socks. Surprised they don't trip over it
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 370
    Forum Member
    Hellooooo!

So sorry I'm still at work and will have to stay late tonight to test our newly installed wireless network as patrons arrive for this evening's concert, so I don't have time to read back through the last few weeks' posts.

But whilst I'm waiting for a ton of updates to download on a computer next to me I finally found some time to come on here and found us at the bottom of the page, so I thought I'd quickly post before we get relegated to page 2!

I hope all is well, I've missed two weeks of Strictly and have only been kept updated via Tweets courtesy of the Blue room on Saturday night.

Looking forward to watching it this weekend but not Ann doing the Samba :eek:

FT - I just saw your post about being on CIN, so I'll look out for you tonight and hopefully it won't be on til I get home about 9ish.

I'm so glad that Matt is doing the Strictly Christmas. He was on top form this week, he teased me about getting more sweaty in the dance lessons than his zumba class hehe, and bless him he commented on me being a bit quiet and gave me a hug :D

Also heard about Nicole's wedding and how it went well despite the few mishaps and the awful weather.

I hope everyone is well. Hopefully I'll get a chance to get on here this weekend and read through all the posts.

Must go

have a wonderful weekend

Cuddly x
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have spent an interesting day trying to connect with son in Canada.
    First thing there was a message from him on Facebook and another on Messenger.
    It was quite early so I didnt know if he would be up as they are 8 hrs behind. His green light was on messenger so I tried with no luck. then I tried the phone and it didnt get answered.
    I have tried messenger on and off all day and finally got contact. In the end though he used the landline phone, said it was quicker. Actually IM kept failing and telling me I had to log in again which made it slower. I would have opted for the phone from the start except that his first message said he wanted to speak to me on facebook or IM.

An yway that is sorted now.

Seriously missing my dance lessons, cant wait until next Friday but unfortunately will have to.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,991
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Am under the weather with a bad cold and Oh's mum is in hospital so things are a bit stressed at the moment. Was seriously underwhelmed by what I saw of CIN rather lacklustre compared to last year. Fairly obvious the boy would win the Strictly bit.

Cuddly good to see you and hope you got all your checking finished and get to see the show tonight. What concert were people coming to see?

Where is everyone else?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am here Star. just been out with Flossy and this morning I went to get food shopping. The supermarket was heaving! Cant think why really as it isnt even December yet. Perhaps they know something we dont.:confused:

I wasnt over impressed with the CIN strictly bit especially as OH wanted to watch something else and went off a bit grumpy.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Star, I'm here. Have been out for the day with a couple of friends. We went round a lovely photography exhibition at the National Theatre. Some amazing landscapes. Apart from that we ate a lot of food.:o Hope nothing too serous with OH's mum?

EJ, I agree CIN was a bit dull and it was obvious who would win.

Cuddly, nice to hear from you again. Hope you're not still waiting for computer updates to download. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well that was different.

Thats the first time this series that Len has actually judged properly.
    He is probably aware that there would be some professional dancers in the audience as the UK Championships are taking place just down the road at the Empress Ballroom.

Wonder who will go? It could be anyone I guess.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I totally agreed with Len tonight. He did seem to decide that he was judging properly tonight. I know everyone takes liberties with the dances, but this time Artem went too far. His and Kara's dance was beautiful but wasn't remotely like an American Smooth. Generally I agreed most with Len tonight.

(Patsy's samba looked scarily like my medal exam routine at times. So at least I could see it had proper samba content :D)
  • bluebluecowbluebluecow Posts: 521
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    must admit liked the dance but agreed with len about lack of hold.

big sis, took dress to lesson (well with the kids as well) Teacher likes it, moved very well as well.

Cariad showed charlotte the sparkle (Charlotte helps teach and dances solos with cariad and callum) told charlotte not to tell miss debbie lol
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,231
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Whilst I agreed with Len that the amount in hold was minimal, and therefore not an American Smooth, it wasn't actually fair to penalise Kara with his mark, for Artem's choreography. Kara danced what she had been given beautifully and technically what she did was worth a higher mark. So far Artem has produced some really good choreography and I can't see him wanting to blow their chances by messing around, so on this occasion I'm willing to believe that he made a genuine mistake as to what constitutes American Smooth in the UK - I suspect it is very different to US A/S. Overall the amount danced in hold on all the A/Ss was less than in previous years. I'm sure the ratio used to be 60% out of hold and 40% in and I'm not sure that any of them danced 40% in hold.

I thought Len's marking was way off all night to be honest - if he gave Kara a 6 then Ann should have got a 1, not a 5. She stood there doing nothing or just walking for most of the dance before she did the float spin (a lift which should have been penalised). The only vaguely samba moves she did was a basic and a whisk and they weren't danced correctly. Her VT made me very angry as she told Anton that she would not do a samba roll and wanted to do a proper step instead; and as Anton tried to demonstrate proper samba action she told him off :mad::rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I tend to regrd Ann as a separate thing altogether in this years show. No good getting angry at her still being there, There are the celeb contestants and then there is Ann.

Anton is having a ball, enjoying every minute of it.

I think the result is right though out of the celeb contestants the one who has gone was the worst.( I have looked to see who went)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know Ballroom B. We had a American based dance school on our last cruise, and their AS had a lot of ballroom in hold , probably much more than we see on strictly. So I don't think this is due to a misunderstanding. It wouldn't have been so bad if there had been some shadowing (with both dancing the recognised steps) but I couldn't see any foxtrot at all. It's just the nature of the show that the celeb gets penalised for the pro's choreography. In the end, I think an 8 from each of the judges would have been generous (which would have given them 32 - less than they actually got in fact).

I said on another thread, someone should get Ann to pass her legs under her body - keep them together rather than splayed. it would make a lot of difference. But maybe it is a problem for her because she walks in a similar way with her legs splayed. My mum walks like that but she had a hip injury.