Options

The Grumpy Old Women Thread... (Part 18)

Comments

• Options
    SadpersonSadperson Posts: 12,529
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    :eek:

Morning. I'm not convinced there's any point in me going to bed right now. :o
  • Options
    jrajra Posts: 48,325
    Forum Member
    Sadperson wrote: »

Morning. I'm not convinced there's any point in me going to bed right now. :o

Going to bed or getting up, that is the question.
  • Options
    snowy ghostsnowy ghost Posts: 40,112
    Forum Member
    hello good evening and welcome
  • Options
    handymelonhandymelon Posts: 15,154
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Please tell me someone else saw Mark Benton on Strictly! I laughed SO HARD! :D

And the Dr Who trailer - eek! :eek: \o/ \o/

In other news - birthday party (M's friend), shopping (me), haircut (Mr M), cleaning (me), sorting papers (Mr M)
  • Options
    KJ44KJ44 Posts: 38,093
    Forum Member
    hello good evening and welcome

frosty ghost :D
  • Options
    batgirlbatgirl Posts: 42,248
    Forum Member
    I have to report that my love affair with my new phone is progressing very well. In my dream last night I was explaining to someone all about the tariff I'm on when abroad, then in another dream later on I realised that the tariff I'd explained in the first dream is only factually correct for Europe and in the dream I was in Brazil.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    From the infamous scene in Pulp Fiction.

I was in the local shop this morning and bumped into an acquaintance. We were chatting away for a while in the shop, as you do. The shop owner's wife comes along and barks some foreign language at us, asking us to move along (I think). This is partly due that this acquaintance is a bit peeved off for not getting paid extra cash for the house clearance I mentioned a while back. So, I said to shop owner, if she wants to talk to me, talk to me in English. He says 'she doesn't speak English'. So, she's been here at least 20 years and apparently can't speak English. So, I'm thinking, f****** learn. I'm not jumping through hoops, so I can talk to you in Urdu (or insert relevant language), just because you are too f****** lazy to learn the language of the country you reside in. And they say us Brits are lazy at learning foreign languages. As time moves on, I meet more and more people living in the UK that at best have a basic grasp of English.

English = primary language spoken in the UK, the main internet language, the world's most spoken language, the main language used in the film industry and by musicians/DJs from foreign countries, e.g. Abba, Snap!, Tensnake, Laurent Garnier et all, so do yourself a favour, get with the program.

/rant
  • Options
    Forum Member
    BG, post in GD very carefully, that's a nice post count you've got coming up.

@jra GD would love that rant (no, don't!). Someone would ask you why you assumed barking in another tongue was unfriendly within 5 posts.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    KJ44 wrote: »
    BG, post in GD very carefully, that's a nice post count you've got coming up.

@jra GD would love that rant (no, don't!). Someone would ask you why you assumed barking in another tongue was unfriendly within 5 posts.

When you are being shouted at, it's fair to assume they are not being friendly.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    jra wrote: »
    When you are being shouted at, it's fair to assume they are not being friendly.

I'm on your side, I was being snide. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Hello from Insomnia Central.

Ooo, thanks for the heads up KJ!
  • Options
    SadpersonSadperson Posts: 12,529
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's a real struggle to get dressed on mornings like these. Grey and p*ssing down outside and my bed was sooooooo warm and cosy.

Onwards and upwards, could be worse :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    KJ44 wrote: »
    frosty ghost :D

:D:D:D:D:cool:
  • Options
    looney lauralooney laura Posts: 5,085
    Forum Member
    Any one about can't sleep driving me nuts, got toothache grrrrrrrrrrrrr
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Poor LL - at least all I have is this rotten insomnia!

It's a bummer, isn't it.
  • Options
    looney lauralooney laura Posts: 5,085
    Forum Member
    batgirl wrote: »
    Poor LL - at least all I have is this rotten insomnia!

It's a bummer, isn't it.
    Fed up with it, just got over shingles and still struggling with the whooping cough my cup running over:mad::mad::mad:

Hope all have a good day weather horrible this end
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Horrible at this end too.

I really could do with having a lazy morning I'm bed but there's too much to do and not enough time anyway . Grumpity grump...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Poor grumpies! Cross and tired and wet and insomniac and generally fed up!

((((((((((((bighugsforeverybody)))))))))))))

Proverbial blue-bottomed insect here, as usual. Never sure if I'm inefficient or just overworked... half-term and I'm tidying up and cleaning up and sorting out. Sigh.

(Okay, spent an hour and a half chatting to our joiner friend over two cuppas and a biscuit this morning, but a girl has to get sympathy somehow!)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    hello ladies and all
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Good morning peeps.

I forgot to put the bins out today. Luckily there are not very full.

As you can tell, it's been an eventful day.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    You couldn't nip over to mine jra and take my bins out. I'm about 250 miles away from them and they need doing. Definitely full.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bugger, that reminds me!
    *runs off to empty bins in preparation for Bin Men tomorrow morning*

(What a lovely sunny afternoon we're suddenly having here. Hope it's shining on the rest of Grmpland too :) )
  • Options
    Forum Member
    You couldn't nip over to mine jra and take my bins out. I'm about 250 miles away from them and they need doing. Definitely full.

I think I'm 250 miles away from your bins as well.

Luton vs somewhere north.

Note to self. Must go out pubbing with a few mates tonight.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    jra wrote: »
    I think I'm 250 miles away from your bins as well.

Luton vs somewhere north.

Note to self. Must go out pubbing with a few mates tonight.

Hope you're having a nice time!

I fly from Luton from time to time and quite like it, especially that express security check. Well worth the tiny bit of dish. Wish all airports did it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Hope you're having a nice time!

I fly from Luton from time to time and quite like it, especially that express security check. Well worth the tiny bit of dish. Wish all airports did it.

Bloody predictive whatnots....