Artist's that should do well in 2014

Tiggeraspi123Tiggeraspi123 Posts: 433
Forum Member
As simple as the title states. I will start proceedings with Angel Haze. I preordered her album 'Dirty Gold' off Amazon and received the mp3 album automatically and think it's amazing!

Comments

• WhyHelloWorldWhyHelloWorld Posts: 15,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think one person will have major success - Lana Del Rey.
  • Tiggeraspi123Tiggeraspi123 Posts: 433
    Forum Member

I don't know with Lana. I mean I really enjoyed 'Born to Die' but I not sure how she can top it, I hope to be pleasantly surprised!
  • TH14TH14 Posts: 11,719
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I think Ultraviolence will be the album that ignites Lana's career:)
  • d56d56 Posts: 5,471
    Forum Member
    I think Kylie is going to have a successful era.
  • Hav_mor91Hav_mor91 Posts: 17,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    TH14 wrote: »
    I think Ultraviolence will be the album that ignites Lana's career:)

In a similar fashion Paloma Faith. I feel that if FTG helped her gain crossover appeal, album number 3 will give her mass appeal, and she will fully crossover. I think and hope Lana will do an Adele, Good first album and sales, major success come round 2.
  • SoeplepelSoeplepel Posts: 24,982
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm hoping Leona's album will do great :D And, not an Alexandra Burke stan but she deserves to smash this year
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,268
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hopefully katy b!
  • cf80cf80 Posts: 180
    Forum Member
    As simple as the title states. I will start proceedings with Angel Haze. I preordered her album 'Dirty Gold' off Amazon and received the mp3 album automatically and think it's amazing!

I'm loving the Angel Haze album...it's so good!
  • mgvsmithmgvsmith Posts: 16,456
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    In keeping with the largely female theme, I hope MKS actually release an album to at least critical success.
  • Mike91Mike91 Posts: 602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Likely Adele. Even if she were to "underperform", she'd still likely sell 10 million WW. And she's been working with legends on the new album.

And hopefully Leona, though no one knows if the new album is coming this year or not.
  • avon942avon942 Posts: 18,831
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Little Mix
  • Zack06Zack06 Posts: 28,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Alexandra Burke :cool:
  • Johnny_CashJohnny_Cash Posts: 2,579
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think some country artist is going to take off in the uk, unsure if its likely to be kacey musgraves, the band perry or zac brown band but see one of them having a big 2014 in the uk.
  • constantino_chrconstantino_chr Posts: 673
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    St Vincent signed to a major for her new album so hopefully she can reach a wider audience. Her last album Strange Mercy went top 30 so hopefully her new one can do better!

She is already huge in indie circles and a critics favourite so I guess we'll see :)
  • Tiggeraspi123Tiggeraspi123 Posts: 433
    Forum Member
    Zack06 wrote: »
    Alexandra Burke :cool:

Yeah Hopefully! I loved 'Heartbreak on Hold' and so was disappointed when it underachieved.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25,501
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kylie, Paloma Faith & Katy B hopefully.
  • TreyCTreyC Posts: 707
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    From the artists I know who are releasing this year:

Anastacia
    Paloma Faith
  • Zack06Zack06 Posts: 28,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah Hopefully! I loved 'Heartbreak on Hold' and so was disappointed when it underachieved.

Same here. But she's over that now. I'm excited for what she has coming up. :)
  • Arran_DempsterArran_Dempster Posts: 3,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Upcoming/Not Yet Superstars:
    Little Nikki; Chloe Howl; Ella Eyre; Fuse ODG; Sam Smith; Tori Kelly; The Vamps; Elyar Fox; Foxes; Angel Haze; MKS; Andreya Triana; Lea Michele; Neon Jungle; Le Youth; Iggy Azalea; Naya Rivera; Tich

Established Artists:
    Shakira; Katy B; Alexandra Burke; MARINA AND THE DIAMONDS; Lana Del Rey; Lily Allen; Ariana Grande; Pixie Lott; Jennifer Lopez; Nicki Minaj
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Upcoming/Not Yet Superstars:
    Little Nikki; Chloe Howl; Ella Eyre; Fuse ODG; Sam Smith; Tori Kelly; The Vamps; Elyar Fox; Foxes; Angel Haze; MKS; Andreya Triana; Lea Michele; Neon Jungle; Le Youth; Iggy Azalea; Naya Rivera; Tich

Established Artists:
    Shakira; Katy B; Alexandra Burke; MARINA AND THE DIAMONDS; Lana Del Rey; Lily Allen; Ariana Grande; Pixie Lott; Jennifer Lopez; Nicki Minaj

I second this. Provided she goes back to her earlier style but more tracks like Radioactive will also be welcome!
  • BertCleeverhookBertCleeverhook Posts: 389
    Forum Member
    Kyla La Grange should with "Cut Your Teeth" out in a couple of months, I'm still baffled with how she didn't have more success with Ashes.
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    Katy B
    Alexandra Burke
    Pixie Lott
    Kylie
    Lana Del Rey
  • BluesTrainRadioBluesTrainRadio Posts: 990
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    www.joharman.com - if you like a bit of soul with a twist of blues and country influences, you really should go and buy her debut album. Possibly the best UK female vocalist at the minute too.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kyla La Grange should with "Cut Your Teeth" out in a couple of months, I'm still baffled with how she didn't have more success with Ashes.

I have a feeling she's really gonna breakthrough this year! I hope so anyway!
  • FanntastikFanntastik Posts: 12,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hope Kylie does well.