The patter of tiny feet . . . .

ironjadeironjade Posts: 10,010
Forum Member
✭✭
. . . turned out to be a rat. Council pest control found it today, stiff as a board. I hope his mates don't come looking for him.:o

Comments

• GirthGirth Posts: 12,403
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So the pest controller had an erection, and now you're worried that his friends will come to find him?
  • swehsweh Posts: 13,665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh God, gross.

Did it start to smell yet?

Is there anything more pungent than* the smell of a dead rat?
  • jzeejzee Posts: 25,498
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I had a rat in our bathroom as a kid, I remember my mum insisted on completely redecorating & refitting it after the pest controller shot it ^_^.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 29,701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sweh wrote: »
    Oh God, gross.

Is there anything more pungent that the smell of a dead rat?

Honestly? No. Not that I can think of.
  • macsmurraymacsmurray Posts: 2,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh God, gross.

Yup, two dead squirrels left on your garden wall after the neighbour shot them.
  • PictoPicto Posts: 24,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh God, gross.

The smell of two dead rats, who had diarrhea.

(probably no need for that last bit).
  • swehsweh Posts: 13,665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    macsmurray wrote: »
    Yup, two dead squirrels left on your garden wall after the neighbour shot them.

Oh Jesus. Your neighbour shot them and left their carcass on your garden wall!?!

Did he have to pick up the dead squirrels and place them there, or is he an expert marksman who managed to shoot them whilst they were on the wall? That's very peculiar.

You have dead squirrels being left for you, yet I get excited on the rare occasion I encounter one? Life isn't fair.
  • macsmurraymacsmurray Posts: 2,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh Jesus. Your neighbour shot them and left their carcass on your garden wall!?!

Did he have to pick up the dead squirrels and place them there, or is he an expert marksman who managed to shoot them whilst they were on the wall? That's very peculiar.

You have dead squirrels being left for you, yet I get excited on the rare occasion I encounter one? Life isn't fair.

He's an old country gent (proper old school) and he shoots the squirrels that steal his walnuts. We live in a cottage next to him and I think he honestly just forgets. But by god they stink! I'm not touching them! I didn't shoot them after all.

If it's dead squirrels you want just PM me your address, there's loads here in summer.

ETA: Jeez that just does not sound right!
  • phylo_roadkingphylo_roadking Posts: 21,339
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jzee wrote: »
    I had a rat in our bathroom as a kid, I remember my mum insisted on completely redecorating & refitting it after the pest controller shot it ^_^.

That`s why they`re not allowed to use machineguns anymore.
  • ironjadeironjade Posts: 10,010
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh God, gross.

Is there anything more pungent than* the smell of a dead rat?

It certainly did. Even a dead mouse smells like a rotting buffalo after a few days so you can imagine what this was like.
    At least it wasn't a squirrel as the council refuses to deal with them. It seems some of the drippier members of the council think they're cute.
    My neighbour buys huge sacks of peanuts to feed the local squirrels and I think this may have contributed to my rodent problem.
  • JulesFJulesF Posts: 6,461
    Forum Member
    I think that all the rain we've been having has driven some of them out of the sewers. I was looking out of my window the other day and saw two rats darting in and out of a shrub in my next-door-but-one neighbour's garden. :o
  • Trsvis_BickleTrsvis_Bickle Posts: 9,202
    Forum Member
    JulesF wrote: »
    I think that all the rain we've been having has driven some of them out of the sewers. I was looking out of my window the other day and saw two rats darting in and out of a shrub in my next-door-but-one neighbour's garden. :o

Poor sods. It's no fun being flooded out of your home.:(
  • ElyanElyan Posts: 8,781
    Forum Member
    ironjade wrote: »
    . . . turned out to be a rat. Council pest control found it today, stiff as a board. I hope his mates don't come looking for him.:o

They won't even miss him.

They're like that, rats. Don't get involved with them.
  • Jimmy ConnorsJimmy Connors Posts: 117,806
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    JulesF wrote: »

I saw one on a suburban street in London last week. Striding along the pavement seemingly without a care in the world. It was probably looking for a drain to go back down the sewer.
  • emily67emily67 Posts: 155
    Forum Member
    maurice45 wrote: »
    Honestly? No. Not that I can think of.

what about 2 dead rats?

haha
  • HarrisonMarksHarrisonMarks Posts: 4,360
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    emily67 wrote: »
    what about 2 dead rats?

haha

After my wife for some reason insisted on having a giant skirting board we got infested with capybaras. Big stink. Ended up getting a jaguar to get rid of them and that's a story in itself....
  • UffaUffa Posts: 1,910
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What does a dead rat smell like?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,182
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There's a rat in me kitchen what am I gonna do?
  • AddisonianAddisonian Posts: 16,377
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Uffa wrote: »
    What does a dead rat smell like?
    It seriously is the most disgustingly, sickening rotten smell that you can imagine.
    I can't even describe how bad it is.