Liverpool Supporters Thread (Part 20)

Darren LethemDarren Lethem Posts: 61,632
Forum Member
✭✭
TheMask wrote: »
1..... It was filmed in Miami...doubt full.

2.. When he was released by England for his medical at Liverpool it was filmed then but couldnt been shown till the deal was complete.

It is rare that the press don't release the information early to try and get the "coup"

Continuation of: Liverpool Supporters Thread (Part 19)

Comments

• TheMaskTheMask Posts: 10,219
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sevilla president Jose Castro has confirmed Liverpool's interest in full-back Alberto Moreno

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11669/9336249/transfer-news-sevilla-confirm-liverpool-interest-in-alberto-moreno
  • Assa2Assa2 Posts: 10,345
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hoobloodyray a new thread.
  • jeffiner1892jeffiner1892 Posts: 14,288
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I leave for a day (I've been immersed in Game of Thrones trauma) and a new thread.

Anyway a belated welcome to Anfield Ricky.
  • mike65mike65 Posts: 11,386
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Moreno looks like taking a day or two longer than anticipated as Sevilla want the cash in a bag rather than instalments. Lallana has told Soton he wants to leave but whether that'll speed anything up at an acceptable price is another matter.
  • ChristmasCakeChristmasCake Posts: 26,078
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mike65 wrote: »
    Moreno looks like taking a day or two longer than anticipated as Sevilla want the cash in a bag rather than instalments. Lallana has told Soton he wants to leave but whether that'll speed anything up at an acceptable price is another matter.

How much are they wanting for Moreno? I don't see why we don't just pay up front, but I'd like to think that the finances are being managed well too..
  • ParthenonParthenon Posts: 7,499
    Forum Member
    Happy new thread everyone. :)
    I leave for a day (I've been immersed in Game of Thrones trauma) and a new thread.

I know how you feel! :o
  • Assa2Assa2 Posts: 10,345
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think Lallana is ours if we can agree a fee with Southampton. Spurs were our main competition but they seem to have cooled their interest. There's always a chance someone like City or Chelsea will jump in but neither really need a player like him (although to be honest I'm not 100% sure we do either, I suppose it's part of building a CL squad). With potentially him and Lambert, do we need any more attacking/midfield options? Can we then concentrate on the defence?
  • TheSlothTheSloth Posts: 18,814
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Assa2 wrote: »
    I think Lallana is ours if we can agree a fee with Southampton. Spurs were our main competition but they seem to have cooled their interest. There's always a chance someone like City or Chelsea will jump in but neither really need a player like him (although to be honest I'm not 100% sure we do either, I suppose it's part of building a CL squad). With potentially him and Lambert, do we need any more attacking/midfield options? Can we then concentrate on the defence?

I think we need a Lucas replacement, along the lines of what Mascherano gave us. Lucas is less robust and not quite as defensively cute as Mascherano was and Gerrard's deeper role is more distribution than defending (and he's no longer quick enough to cover for the fullbacks or thwart counter-attacks anyway).

Lallana is a good alternative to Coutinho/Suarez and Lambert is a great option off the bench or in some cup games, so I can't see us accommodating anyone else in the forward positions apart from perhaps some pace to balance Sterling on the opposite side as an option.

A better second keeper (Vorm's been mentioned), Morena and a dominant CB would be great defence-wise. Is Hangeland worth picking up on a free as he's good in the air and a half -decent ball player?
  • ChristmasCakeChristmasCake Posts: 26,078
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TheSloth wrote: »
    I think we need a Lucas replacement, along the lines of what Mascherano gave us. Lucas is less robust and not quite as defensively cute as Mascherano was and Gerrard's deeper role is more distribution than defending (and he's no longer quick enough to cover for the fullbacks or thwart counter-attacks anyway).

Lallana is a good alternative to Coutinho/Suarez and Lambert is a great option off the bench or in some cup games, so I can't see us accommodating anyone else in the forward positions apart from perhaps some pace to balance Sterling on the opposite side as an option.

A better second keeper (Vorm's been mentioned), Morena and a dominant CB would be great defence-wise. Is Hangeland worth picking up on a free as he's good in the air and a half -decent ball player?

He'd also add some good experience and organisation to the defence. I'd have him if the wages were right.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    twitter bild.de account
    Accordingly, it could happen very quickly with the change from # Can search for # Liverpool now

from bild.de
    England runners-up Liverpool now has made an offer for the Under-21 international Emre Can (20) to Bayer Leverkusen. IMAGE learned: The exchange stands in front of enforcement. The player should already be in agreement with the Reds, they say. Leverkusen would hold Can you. But the midfielder has a clause in the contract for overseas and can leave the factory self this summer for 12 million euros. For Leverkusen remain at the end of a fat transfer profits: Can came in 2013 for around 5.5 million euros from Bayern.

So that looks like it could be done pretty soon.

As for Lallana I'm starting to think its not going to happen unless its VERY late when Lallana starts making public statements and/or Southampton suddenly realise they will not have happy player but not have the money either. That said if it does work out in that way I doubt the deal will be for what the club want.
  • MalbrenMalbren Posts: 3,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How much are they wanting for Moreno? I don't see why we don't just pay up front, but I'd like to think that the finances are being managed well too..

I read that they want 16.2 million for him?

Now Rickie Lambert is in I would like to see us offload Aspas for a fee and not just a loan deal. Wonder if Sunderland will give us a decent bid for Borini seen as he did very well for them? Or if he'll be happy being 4th choice at LFC!
  • edduk1981edduk1981 Posts: 2,214
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    See spurs are upto their old tricks

Tottenham to offer £14m for Sevilla's Alberto Moreno with Roberto Soldado on loan as part of deal

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2648599/Tottenham-offer-14m-Sevillas-Alberto-Moreno-ready-dispatch-Roberto-Soldado-loan-deal.html
  • snukrsnukr Posts: 19,660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    edduk1981 wrote: »
    See spurs are upto their old tricks

Tottenham to offer £14m for Sevilla's Alberto Moreno with Roberto Soldado on loan as part of deal

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2648599/Tottenham-offer-14m-Sevillas-Alberto-Moreno-ready-dispatch-Roberto-Soldado-loan-deal.html
    He'd only go to Tottenham if he wants to live in London, it won't be for footballing reasons, that's the only reason he'd choose a Europa League team over a CL side.

Looks like we're going to be signing midfielder Emre Cam from Bayer Leverkusen.
    Forum Member
    The club has submitted a planning application to Liverpool City Council for redeveloping Anfield which will increase capacity to 58,800. :) It will be considered later this year and hopefully given the green light.

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/164295-lfc-submit-stadium-planning-application

In other news, Ian Ayre has been promoted from managing director to chief executive.
  • misawa97misawa97 Posts: 11,579
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Parthenon wrote: »
    The club has submitted a planning application to Liverpool City Council for redeveloping Anfield which will increase capacity to 58,800. :) It will be considered later this year and hopefully given the green light.

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/164295-lfc-submit-stadium-planning-application

In other news, Ian Ayre has been promoted from managing director to chief executive.

yet some seem to think Ayre isnt good at his job.
  • Joey_JJoey_J Posts: 5,146
    Forum Member
    http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/liverpool-fc-submit-planning-application-7218724

Liverpool submit planning application for an expansion of nearly 15,000 seats, let's hope it's positive news in return
  • Joey_JJoey_J Posts: 5,146
    Forum Member
    Also reports slowly coming through suggesting we are now looking at Lazar Markovic forward from Benfica if our Lallana offer isn't accepted

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/liverpool-poised-switch-transfer-interest-3644925

It's the Mirror I know so take it with a pinch of salt
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Emre Can is a Liverpool player.
    Forum Member
    http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/164418-reds-agree-emre-can-deal-in-principle

Could turn out to be another great signing for a modest fee.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mike65 wrote: »
    Emre Can is a Liverpool player.

Before we break any rules - Can WILL BE a Liverpool player next month, we are only allowed to fully sign up domestics before the transfer window (Lambert), other leagues have to wait for completion. At least, that is what I have read this morning!
  • PictoPicto Posts: 24,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have to say that i don't know a great deal about Emre Can but I am impressed with the way Liverpool are going about their transfer business this window.
  • jimbo1962jimbo1962 Posts: 2,552
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    really hope we get Lallana, its important for the game to be a mostly English side.
  • batdude_uk1batdude_uk1 Posts: 78,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Picto wrote: »
    I have to say that i don't know a great deal about Emre Can but I am impressed with the way Liverpool are going about their transfer business this window.

Yes indeed, you are doing very well in that department, and putting us slackers in the shade so far; I just hope that we have deals in place, but won't announce them until after the World Cup, when we get our boss on a full-time basis.
  • mikeydddmikeyddd Posts: 11,643
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    0rch1deam wrote: »
    Before we break any rules - Can WILL BE a Liverpool player next month, we are only allowed to fully sign up domestics before the transfer window (Lambert), other leagues have to wait for completion. At least, that is what I have read this morning!

I think you can buy a player at any time and send the paperwork to the FA, but they won't be registered until the window opens.
  • PictoPicto Posts: 24,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes indeed, you are doing very well in that department, and putting us slackers in the shade so far; I just hope that we have deals in place, but won't announce them until after the World Cup, when we get our boss on a full-time basis.

I believe it will be an interesting summer for both teams.
This discussion has been closed.