So... who are we (the English) supporting?

ollie1004ollie1004 Posts: 754
Forum Member
✭✭
Argentina/Germany final. Both are England's arch footballing rivals. Both countries with whom we've gone to war. So who gets your support this Sunday? :D

For the pure European perspective, I'm sticking with Germany. Plus, they play far better football that doesn't all revolve around one man, in my opinion.

Comments

• big bro geekbig bro geek Posts: 18,268
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Everyone I know is wanting Germany to win (and that was before the semis)
  • NorthernNinnyNorthernNinny Posts: 18,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Germany
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 477
    Forum Member
    I admit I'm blinkered i want Messi to lift the cup but Germany have been more exciting, a better team, played the better football, in Muellerand Kroos have contenders for player of the tournament and deserve it.
  • dreadnoughtdreadnought Posts: 1,783
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Germany, of course.
  • EurostarEurostar Posts: 78,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As an Irishman, I'm up for Germany. At this stage, we can safely say they have been the best team in the tournament (they've scored loads of goals and scored in every match).
  • TouristaTourista Posts: 14,338
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Germany.
  • DangerBrotherDangerBrother Posts: 1,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Argentina, would be good for South America
  • Peter VenkmanPeter Venkman Posts: 1,769
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Argentina.
  • NiteOwl12NiteOwl12 Posts: 6,127
    Forum Member
    Germany.
  • Joey BoswellJoey Boswell Posts: 25,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Me I guess I will be cheering on Germany
  • Thomas007Thomas007 Posts: 14,309
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Eurostar wrote: »
    As an Irishman, I'm up for Germany. At this stage, we can safely say they have been the best team in the tournament (they've scored loads of goals and scored in every match).

17 so far. :o

8 for Spain in the whole the last WC. Germany have twice as many with game to spare. :p
  • ParthenonParthenon Posts: 7,499
    Forum Member
    Perhaps this is one of those rare occasions where the thread could have done with a poll.
  • KezMKezM Posts: 1,397
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thomas007 wrote: »
    16 so far. :o

8 for Spain in the whole the last WC. Germany have twice as many with game to spare. :p

But seven of those were in one game lol!
  • Pink KnightPink Knight Posts: 24,773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Germany for the win please. Won't hear the last of Messi if all he does is farts and Argentina win.
  • Flat MattFlat Matt Posts: 7,023
    Forum Member
    Germany for me.

Any team who can do what they did against Brazil are worthy world champions.

Argentina have been as dull as shit in this tournament.
  • Flat MattFlat Matt Posts: 7,023
    Forum Member
    Germany for the win please. Won't hear the last of Messi if all he does is farts and Argentina win.

If Messi does fart, it will no doubt be seen as the greatest fart of all time.
  • DangerBrotherDangerBrother Posts: 1,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Flat Matt wrote: »
    If Messi does fart, it will no doubt be seen as the greatest fart of all time.

Will be the fart heard around the World
  • Jimmy_McNultyJimmy_McNulty Posts: 11,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Impartiality is a hell of a thing.
  • spaceygalspaceygal Posts: 3,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Germany, they've been amazing! They deserve to win.
  • ShaunIOWShaunIOW Posts: 11,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Germany but then I'm half-German and always support them after England get knocked out.
  • GeneralissimoGeneralissimo Posts: 6,289
    Forum Member
    Argentines generally despise English people, so we really should support Germany for that reason alone.
  • Xela MXela M Posts: 4,710
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Argentina. I cannot stand Messi, but people who say Argentina have not been playing well know little about football. Tactically superb. They don't just have a great defence, they have a very tight midfield capable of stifling the opposition. It's exactly the type of game Germany hate. Argentina have great quality of players and play as a team with a brilliant coach.

I grew up in Germany and would have supported them, but their disgusting humiliation of the host nation last night makes me wish they are put in their place by Argentina.
  • ontheloop54ontheloop54 Posts: 3,054
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Germany. Haven't been impressed with Argentina or Messi (The world's best footballer :confused::o) at all.
  • zantarouszantarous Posts: 2,160
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Argentina. As the poster said above those complaining about there performance know little about what makes a god team. Germany will not be able to bully Argentina the way they did Brazil.
  • I, CandyI, Candy Posts: 3,710
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Germany for sure. Hope they humiliate Argentina.