Actors So Good You Forget They're Acting

2»

Comments

• Options
    treefr0gtreefr0g Posts: 23,659
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Charles Dance in 'Game of Thrones'.

It's like they actually got Tywin Lannister to play himself.
  • Options
    Eddie BadgerEddie Badger Posts: 6,005
    Forum Member
    I agree , he's very natural . I've seen plenty of actors come a cropper playing similar roles .

Robert Duvall is someone I always find very real ,
    even in rubbish films he just does it for real .

I thought he was fantastic in Open Range, just so believable as the gruff but kindly trail boss.
    Ed Harris is another actor I find very convincing in his roles.
  • Options
    gorgeousgirlgorgeousgirl Posts: 5,031
    Forum Member
    Tatiana Maslany plays so many clones in Orphan Black, she's so good she makes you forget its only one actress :)

When I see her at award shows and things I occasionally think oh I wonder when the one who plays Allison is . . . :blush:
  • Options
    ChristopherJChristopherJ Posts: 976
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just thought of another: the slimy, coked-up executive in Die Hard whose druggy over-confidence gets him killed.
  • Options
    ItsNickItsNick Posts: 3,711
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think some of the best acting performances have come from made for tv movies.
    I saw a film the other day with Linda Blair called Born Innocent. According to IMDB it was the film she made straight after The Exorcist. She must have been about 15. She was in a remand centre for young girls and the way they were brutally treated. The way she acted her part was fantastic. It just seemed so natural.
  • Options
    Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,869
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    treefr0g wrote: »
    Jack Nicholson as R P McMurphy. Just mesmerising throughout.

I'd also like to add Christopher Lloyd in the same movie. I'd heard that some of the extras in OFOTCN were actual patients at the mental institute where it was filmed. At the time I assumed that Christopher Lloyd was one of them. It was years before I saw him in something else and realised that he was an actor :)

Bib completely agree.
  • Options
    NoseyLouieNoseyLouie Posts: 5,651
    Forum Member
    It is an interesting question. Suppose a performance that stuck with me is Ian McKellen in Apt Pupil..I really didnt recognise him in it till the credits..was a very absorbing character, and in my opinion an underrated film at the time.
  • Options
    U96U96 Posts: 13,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    calamity wrote: »
    Spencer Tracy

I always remember him in 'Bad Day At Black Rock'.Especially when (with one arm) he put down that punk Ernest Borgnine!.One of my favourite ever scenes in a film.