Baby Blue Marine

Ted CTed C Posts: 11,730
Forum Member
✭✭
Very rare to come across a film that you have actually never, ever heard of. I have been a keen movie buff since the late sixties, and pride myself on knowing a reasonable amount of knowledge, even if I have not seen a particular movie...you normally at least have heard of it.

But this one is a complete revelation.

Currently showing on Moviemix, it's a 1976 movie starring Jan Michael Vincent as a guy who is rejected for the Marines. On his way home, he meets and befriends a highly decorated Marine in a bar, who it transpires is planning to desert (played by a very young Richard Gere with a shock of white hair!). Gere knocks Vincent out and takes his clothes, leaving him with his own uniform.

Vincent proceeds to wear the uniform and make his way home, but along the way is taken for an actual Marine by people he meets, is given lifts, free meals and treated with reverence and kindness. So he decides to continue the subterfuge...

Currently watching, and it seems a decent movie, very old fashioned and kind of the sort rarely made these days.

Anyone else come across this film?

Comments