Options

Last Resort (US Pace)

Comments

• Options
    Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I still don't understand the need for the secret back channel order, given that the US was quite open about nuking Pakistan after it got the other sub to carry it out.

I like it, but as others are saying I want more answers and less in-fighting.
  • Options
    Inky BinkyInky Binky Posts: 2,261
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Some minor good news regarding this show's future. Although there is no promise of a 2nd season or even a "full" first season, the ABC network has ordered 2 more scripts for "Last Resort". They appear to be showing some support for this show and so far are willing to give it a chance to find its audience. The 4th episode saw a rise in viewership so that's another positive.

LINK
    In a chat with THR, Ryan discussed the show's ratings battle. "Everyone would always like to have the No. 1 show on TV. Instead, we're going against the No. 1 show on TV with Big Bang Theory," he said of the time-slot competition. "I think ABC acknowledges that we're doing better than their previous shows in the time slot over the past few years, and they love the show creatively."
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Got to about 30 minutes into the pilot before i turned off. Dreadfully acted poor plot,,,,,,,I'm out
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought that this week's episode was the best one yet.
  • Options
    LostFoolLostFool Posts: 90,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Matt D wrote: »
    I like it, but as others are saying I want more answers and less in-fighting.

To be fair, we are only a handful of episodes in so it's a little early to be expecting answers to the core story.

I'm still enjoying this as best of the new shows (after already given up on Revolution and wavering on 666 Park Avenue) but it's a few tweaks short of being a really good show. I like the military and political conspiracy aspects but the soapiness with Dollhouse Bar Girl, the French woman and everything to do with the gang leader are all rather annoying.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,737
    Forum Member
    Im still watching this but admittedly my enthusiasm is waning. I thought the pilot was brilliant and although I am still enjoying this, I suppose I am expecting a bit more. This week was better though, with the various happenings in the episode helping to propel the plot further and also bringing in new avenues.
  • Options
    koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    LostFool wrote: »
    To be fair, we are only a handful of episodes in so it's a little early to be expecting answers to the core story.

I'm still enjoying this as best of the new shows (after already given up on Revolution and wavering on 666 Park Avenue) but it's a few tweaks short of being a really good show. I like the military and political conspiracy aspects but the soapiness with Dollhouse Bar Girl, the French woman and everything to do with the gang leader are all rather annoying.

Yes I agree the French woman, Bar girl and gang leader were all a bore.

I also didn't really care about the bloke they left without enough oxygen. You just knew they were going to save him.

I just don't see where this is going. It needs to focus more on the political aspect and less on the personal stuff.

Robert Patrick is really bad in this. His character is one dimensional.

I also find the sub fighting difficult to imagine as all we basically see if a sub every now and then obscured by dark water, but not the whole picture.
  • Options
    BigFoot87BigFoot87 Posts: 9,293
    Forum Member
    Best episode yet, and some cracking dialogue too!
  • Options
    jaimeswjaimesw Posts: 1,608
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Poor episode as they never really explained that the US convoy were about to arrive at the island, next minute these boats turned up with people fully armed. Surely they would have said you can come with no arms. or only one bodyguard.

Still watching though!
  • Options
    welwynrosewelwynrose Posts: 33,666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Brilliant episode this week - lets hope it keeps improving
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    welwynrose wrote: »
    Brilliant episode this week - lets hope it keeps improving

Yes, this was a big improvement on Eps 2 and 3 so let's just hope that this and the pilot are more representative of the quality of the show and is just a matter of the writers settling down. If it sticks with that level of entertainment than I'll be able to forgive or ignore some of the more ludicrous aspects of the show.
  • Options
    stvn758stvn758 Posts: 19,656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Strange show, haven't a clue what is going on. :D Still watchable though, holding my interest.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, after an improvement last time it was back to a dull filler episode with a story lifted from the Bumper Book of TV Plots ("#123, everyone is affected by a mysterious virus and starts behaving strangely"). The inconsistency of this show is really frustrating,
  • Options
    gaz141gaz141 Posts: 1,049
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    this episode was dire, really awful, no wonder it is in danger of cancellation, shame in a way, the show had potential
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    This show really doesn't know what it wants to be and this episode didn't move the plot any further forward than we already know.

There is no chemistry between any of the cast let alone those who are supposed to fancy each other.

Thankfully there wasn't much of Robert Patrick but I did like the 'Don't ask don't tell' comment about the exotic fruit. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I feel sorry for the person in the UK Pace thread who said "Only one romantic couple who seem happily married. No will they won't they, no love triangles, no bickering / divorce stuff."

I like the French girl ('cos she's gorgeous) but that whole storyline with her and the XO is pointless.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Still watching, and still (mostly) enjoying this... but it also irritates me at the same time.

- It's bad enough having one stupid pointless love triangle, now we have *two*?!

- JUST KILL SERAT FFS! KILL HIM! AND HIS MEN! SHOOT THEM ALL IN THE FACE! Agh. You'd think the Seals would have killed him for his part in the deaths of their friends, but... nope. You'd think Chaplin would want him dead for his role in the chemical attack, but... nope. You'd think Chaplin would want him dead for his obvious role in the bomb vest, but... nope. Oh, and you'd think Chaplin would want him dead for when he killed one of the three captives a few weeks ago, but... nope. Stupid, stupid, stupid. Leaving him alive is a mistake and just going to bite them in the arse even more in future (in addition to the latest thing with the Cob).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Matt D wrote: »
    - JUST KILL SERAT FFS! KILL HIM! AND HIS MEN! SHOOT THEM ALL IN THE FACE! Agh..

Yes that's what I keep thinking. I mean they kill the bloke who admits to doing the bomb on the soldier but they don't kill Serat.

So annoying.
  • Options
    ToneXIRToneXIR Posts: 3,401
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Variety announced the show as being cancelled earlier this evening. Caught a bit of this weeks one and found it too depressing for my liking. Shame as Andre Braughahahah as I like to call him is excellent as always.
  • Options
    CorwinCorwin Posts: 16,609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ToneXIR wrote: »
    Variety announced the show as being cancelled earlier this evening. Caught a bit of this weeks one and found it too depressing for my liking. Shame as Andre Braughahahah as I like to call him is excellent as always.
    Have they filmed all 13 episodes or can they do a rewrite to finish the story off in Ep13?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes that's what I keep thinking. I mean they kill the bloke who admits to doing the bomb on the soldier but they don't kill Serat.

So annoying.

I know. It's so stupid.

Chaplin: "Logic would dictate that I kill you, Serat, but luckily for you 'drama' dictates that I leave you alive to provide me with a regular local antagonist, no matter what you do to threaten my crew."
    Corwin wrote: »
    Have they filmed all 13 episodes or can they do a rewrite to finish the story off in Ep13?

The story I read said all 13 were filmed...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 87,224
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tweet from Last Resort writer

Shawn Ryan @ShawnRyanTV
    News is true. No Back 9 for #LastResort. We will film and and air all 13 episodes. We're going to give you no-holds barred kick-ass ending.
  • Options
    zwixxxzwixxx Posts: 10,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    thanx for the tweet info - good to hear from the maker that we won't be left miffed cos of a lousy ending. - now I just need to hear something similar from the 666 Park Avenue people.
  • Options
    JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tweet from Last Resort writer

Shawn Ryan @ShawnRyanTV
    News is true. No Back 9 for #LastResort. We will film and and air all 13 episodes. We're going to give you no-holds barred kick-ass ending.

That's possibly enough to encourage me to watch the whole run after all - only watched the 1st episode so far, but if it's going to get a resolution I might stick with it as i do like the premise.
  • Options
    tiger2000tiger2000 Posts: 8,541
    Forum Member
    Pity, I was enjoying it, not so bothered about 666 being canned.