Union J - Carry You

Comments

• 19921992 Posts: 4,677
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dont think I could be bothered to listen to the full song so I listened to the preview on iTunes and going off the preview it sounds like a alright song. Chorus is pretty catchy aswell lol.

It will go at least top 3 since they are a boyband so they will have lots of girl fans but at least this time it sounds like a decent song :)
  • Helen90Helen90 Posts: 4,128
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I see that Claude Kelly wrote this song (basically one of the top pop song writers around) - not surprising, considering how the song sounds. If Union J's got the likes of him writing the album, then it'll definitely be good.
  • String9String9 Posts: 12,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not huge for a debut, sounds like The Wanted. Goodluck to them, but not really impressive.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Much better than i ever expected, after a few listens it`s already grown on me good luck to them
  • MasterjonboiMasterjonboi Posts: 1,122
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Love it amazing and great debut single!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,057
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was expecting it to be a lot better since PJ were saying it was really good. It's kinda average for a debut single, and it's not amazing, but I wish them luck though :)
  • andi84andi84 Posts: 2,299
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bluestone wrote: »
    I really cant see that this is any where near 'amazing'. I think it is quite average so I hope for their sake they have better singles on the album.
    Still I think this will be a chart hit for them as they have a lot of support and whether it's average or not it is a catchy song.

Agree! Been listening to it a couple of times now, still don't "get it". Pretty average in my opinion, but might still be a chart hit, not worldwide though...
  • babyunicornbabyunicorn Posts: 38
    Forum Member
    Expected bashing in here.. nothing new
  • annushkaannushka Posts: 3,959
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Expected bashing in here.. nothing new

I think some people here (like me) have no emotional attachement to the UJ boys, so when we listen to the song, we are not trying to find something to like about it, we just listen to the song.

Some non-fans seem to have liked it, others don't dislike it but don't find it amazing either. I don't think the feedback is that horrible. Matt Cardle gets it a lot worse from what I have read...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,671
    Forum Member
    This is getting worse with every listen. I still love the verses, it's just the chorus that's really putting me off, such a generic boring repetitive chorus, it's even worse than Gotta Be You.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To be honest the comments on this thread are alright. It won't be everyone's cup of tea, and some people do like it. Twitter has been pretty positive in my opinion, definitely in the region of a few bad comments to a majority of good ones. And people are pre ordering so they must like it. A lot of the hate seems to come from 1D fans (twitter wise), but for the ones on here who aren't really too keen at least they seem nice, decent and reasonable people. :) Some of the One Direction fans on twitter really are cretins though. It's very sad to see the reasonable comments from places like here replaced with some very explicit homophobic ones I've seen on twitter. But to be honest I really couldn't care about that sort of person's opinion.
  • ArtyAttackArtyAttack Posts: 67,513
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Its alright. Expected better. The chorus is quite weak. Sounds lik Jaymi doing most of the singing. Seems to be getting mixed reactions on here and on the Popjustice Forum.
  • twingletwingle Posts: 19,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    To be honest the comments on this thread are alright. It won't be everyone's cup of tea, and some people do like it. Twitter has been pretty positive in my opinion, definitely in the region of a few bad comments to a majority of good ones. And people are pre ordering so they must like it. A lot of the hate seems to come from 1D fans (twitter wise), but for the ones on here who aren't really too keen at least they seem nice, decent and reasonable people. :) Some of the One Direction fans on twitter really are cretins though. It's very sad to see the reasonable comments from places like here replaced with some very explicit homophobic ones I've seen on twitter. But to be honest I really couldn't care about that sort of person's opinion.

I am glad you said twitter:D Sadly pop stars who are in big league like gaga, Justin, Rhianna and 1D seem to attract the loonies as well as the sane and reasonable. The twitter 1D loonies even send racial slurs to Zayn from 1D although how they can be fans I will never know.

Be prepared a couple of years down the line and UJ may have their share of loonie fans

And, WMYB got quite a few negative comments on here saying it was generic and formulaic and so on and so on.:D

The main thing is their fans like the song and at the end of the day that counts for a lot because at this stage it is their fans who will be buying and judging bythe pre orders it will do very well.

Sadly with them coming from X Factor and after 1D they will always be compared to them certainly at this stage and it is unfair to expect themto break the boundaries 1D did as I believe that won't happen yet for a long long time
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    twingle wrote: »
    I am glad you said twitter:D Sadly pop stars who are in big league like gaga, Justin, Rhianna and 1D seem to attract the loonies as well as the sane and reasonable. The twitter 1D loonies even send racial slurs to Zayn from 1D although how they can be fans I will never know.

Be prepared a couple of years down the line and UJ may have their share of loonie fans

And, WMYB got quite a few negative comments on here saying it was generic and formulaic and so on and so on.:D

The main thing is their fans like the song and at the end of the day that counts for a lot because at this stage it is their fans who will be buying and judging bythe pre orders it will do very well.

Sadly with them coming from X Factor and after 1D they will always be compared to them certainly at this stage and it is unfair to expect themto break the boundaries 1D did as I believe that won't happen yet for a long long time

Really? That's awful (on the racism). I must admit I do think the level of fame 1D has isn't healthy for some of their fans (or perhaps they just have a personality vulnerable to obsessing over things). I was reading the recent Larry investigation post where this one fan went through birth certificates, bugging people on twitter, going through such minute detail... and all just to find out who Louis' girlfriend's dad is. It just seems like such a waste of time and effort on that person's part, when they could have been doing something really productive with that time and exertion.

To be honest, as a fan of UJ, if they're happy then I'm happy. They seem to be really excited about the book deal, the pre orders, their fans loving the song and it being played in Australia. Obviously entirely biased, but they really are lovely people who don't seem to be especially confident with how'll they do (in my opinion).
  • Helen90Helen90 Posts: 4,128
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Really? That's awful (on the racism). I must admit I do think the level of fame 1D has isn't healthy for some of their fans (or perhaps they just have a personality vulnerable to obsessing over things). I was reading the recent Larry investigation post where this one fan went through birth certificates, bugging people on twitter, going through such minute detail... and all just to find out who Louis' girlfriend's dad is. It just seems like such a waste of time and effort on that person's part, when they could have been doing something really productive with that time and exertion.

To be honest, as a fan of UJ, if they're happy then I'm happy. They seem to be really excited about the book deal, the pre orders, their fans loving the song and it being played in Australia. Obviously entirely biased, but they really are lovely people who don't seem to be especially confident with how'll they do (in my opinion).

Oh definitely! It was really funny in the radio 1 interview yesterday when Josh said something about the X Factor tour possibly being their last arena tour ever and Grimmy just died from laughter at the absurdity of it :D and predicted they'd do 7 arena tours in their careers.
  • boddismboddism Posts: 16,436
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    annushka wrote: »

I find it quite bland, but Im looking forward to 1D being knocked off their perch, so bring it on!:p
  • String9String9 Posts: 12,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    boddism wrote: »
    I find it quite bland, but Im looking forward to 1D being knocked off their perch, so bring it on!:p

You're joking, right??:p
  • my name is joemy name is joe Posts: 4,450
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    twingle wrote: »

The loonies are attracted to those pop stars the loonies made into pop stars in the first place:p
  • rebellionrebellion Posts: 851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love it!
  • _elly001_elly001 Posts: 11,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think this is good enough to bump the thread up for:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CvJ3B5I2zYk

Acoustic version of Carry You.
  • yohinnchildyohinnchild Posts: 52,527
    Forum Member
    And video out on Monday :)
  • JustArunJustArun Posts: 8,941
    Forum Member
    This will be #1 when it's released.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,430
    Forum Member
    Not bad...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,671
    Forum Member
    The acoustic would've been nice if they hadn't overused (or used at all) the echoy effect.

Btw can anyone tell which part was done by JJ? I'm really curious how he sounds like.
  • JustArunJustArun Posts: 8,941
    Forum Member
    nooneoo wrote: »
    The acoustic would've been nice if they hadn't overused (or used at all) the echoy effect.

Btw can anyone tell which part was done by JJ? I'm really curious how he sounds like.

'we'll take each step together till you come back to centre you know that I know the real youuu' in the second verse :p