Nexus 4 Battery Life - < 3 hours?

124»

Comments

• neyney Posts: 12,516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jonner101 wrote: »
    Call quality and signal are fine. It's not so much that the back will scratch but being glass it's very slippery and has a habit of sliding off things so imo it''s worth having a gel case for £2-3 off Amazon.

The specs are high end and one the smoothest android phones you can get, and you get pure Android no crap ware and the guarantee that you be first to get os updates.

The only thing that are bad are ones the for me I've no interest in anyway. The camera isn't the best in the world. There is no facility for a micro SD. but for me this is no big deal on the 16 gig version. There is no LTE, but until this is readily available in the UK with sensible plans it's not a problem. I'll just wait for the nexus 4 v 2. In any case if you get a good HDSPA signal the speed is pretty good.

Thanx for the info I will look on Amazon for a case for the phone. Also thinks for the other info. I have only had the phone about 24 hours.

Darren
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I charged my Nuxus 4 up this morning to full before I went to work just after 7.15am and with just moderate use thoughtout the day the battery is now down to 68%.
    Seems to have the same sort of battery life as the Nexus 7 from what I have seen so far.
    I have any had the Nexus 4 about 2 days and so far I seem to be liking it and its far better than my old HTC Desire s was that alsl have signal drop outs once in a while. Im also starting to know how to use the phone as some of it is like my Nexus 7.
    Some days I will use the phone more than others.

Darren
  • 19Nick6819Nick68 Posts: 1,792
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can anyone tell me why none of the main players in the market, O2, Orange, Vodaphone etc don't seem to be offering the phone. O2 are out of stock , their phone cost/affordable tariff was a more than I would be willing to pay anyway.

I've done a search through a comparison site and the only places that seem to have the phone at a tariff which suits me are AffordableMobiles and BuyMobiles, Virgin have it but I won't pay a £30 tariff.

My current contract is up at the end of this month and I have no idea what to upgrade to but I remember some good reviews for the phone when it was released.
  • grumpyoldbatgrumpyoldbat Posts: 3,663
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    19Nick68 wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me why none of the main players in the market, O2, Orange, Vodaphone etc don't seem to be offering the phone. O2 are out of stock , their phone cost/affordable tariff was a more than I would be willing to pay anyway.

I've done a search through a comparison site and the only places that seem to have the phone at a tariff which suits me are AffordableMobiles and BuyMobiles, Virgin have it but I won't pay a £30 tariff.

My current contract is up at the end of this month and I have no idea what to upgrade to but I remember some good reviews for the phone when it was released.

So don't "upgrade", switch your current package to a cheaper SIM only option, save the extra money and buy the Nexus 4 outright from Google. In the long term it'll work out cheaper because the networks who were offering it were charging a premium anyway. If you go with a 30 day rolling or 12 month SIM only tariff then you're free to swap phones again when you want instead of being tied in to your provider's contract.
  • neo_walesneo_wales Posts: 13,625
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As you can't change the battery in the Nexus 4 perhaps you could carry a little battery charger to top up your phone during the day, shop around they don't have to cost a fortune.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/PowerBank-12000mAh-Portable-Blackberry-Android/dp/B007NIK44O/ref=sr_1_1?m=A2K5T7VJD3NOG0&s=merchant-items&ie=UTF8&qid=1373359773&sr=1-1 sort of thing.
  • alanwarwicalanwarwic Posts: 28,396
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    neo_wales wrote: »
    As you can't change the battery in the Nexus 4 .
    It is a strange trend for a 5 gram weight saving at best.

Whilst laptops are used at home and then at a work desk, smartphones and phablets obviously get more all round use.
  • Trsvis_BickleTrsvis_Bickle Posts: 9,202
    Forum Member
    neo_wales wrote: »
    As you can't change the battery in the Nexus 4 perhaps you could carry a little battery charger to top up your phone during the day, shop around they don't have to cost a fortune.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/PowerBank-12000mAh-Portable-Blackberry-Android/dp/B007NIK44O/ref=sr_1_1?m=A2K5T7VJD3NOG0&s=merchant-items&ie=UTF8&qid=1373359773&sr=1-1 sort of thing.

Yes, those portable chargers are really useful. You normally get a good range of connectors/cables so you can charge up any phone/ipod/tablet etc. I guess many of us on here carry more than one electronic toy around and it's really useful to be able to give a quick charge to something you've used heavily during the day.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ...You normally get a good range of connectors/cables .
    Very usefully the world is now 99% micro USB. I still have many things using mini USB though.

I have a small bedside battery DAB radio, and even some of these opt for USB, leaving you to use an existing USB power supply.
    I also noticed various power banks and bluetooth devices in Aldi last visit, so I guess these things are becoming as common as muck.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

They had 3 or 4 in stock in the local 02 shop in town when I went in mid Saturday morning.

Darren
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The N4 has much been a Play store buy.

Other marketing agreements seem to exclude the main networks form offering it competitively.

LG, for some reason is low profile in the UK.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have looked on Amazon at this case for it http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00B7QGT6U/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 and screen protector http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00BEGM69M/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i01?ie=UTF8&psc=1 I was wondering what any of you thought of the two before I order them. I have had the Nexus 4 just over a week now and im still loving the phone so far.

Darren
  • johhnjohhn Posts: 261
    Forum Member

why not give it another month see if nexus 5 is coming out.
    http://www.gsmarena.com/lg_optimus_g2_coming_august_20_nexus_5_unveiling_on_october_5-news-6352.php
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anyone know if the ones I posted in the links above are any good. As I'm thinking of ordering them for my Nexus 4.

Darren
  • johhnjohhn Posts: 261
    Forum Member
    ney wrote: »
    Anyone know if the ones I posted in the links above are any good. As I'm thinking of ordering them for my Nexus 4.
    Darren
    I've been using the black fusion case for the last 4 months and it's a keeper!
    the only thing I had to do to improvise was using thin pointy razor blade to cut through both sides of the two side buttons so that I could feel the 'click' :)
  • grumpyoldbatgrumpyoldbat Posts: 3,663
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't use a screen protector on any of my devices. Ruins the sensitivity of the touch screen in my opinion.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks for the replies. I think I will go and order that case and maybe the screen protectors.

Darren
  • The SackThe Sack Posts: 10,410
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I also installed battery guru after what people in this thread said and although my SOT hasnt really improved my standby time (which were good anyway) is now brilliant, the other day after nearly 48 hours on time i still has 52% left lol WiFi was on but no mobile data use at all in this time.