One Direction - Best Song Ever

Comments

• abrightyzabrightyz Posts: 24,559
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    zeze88 wrote: »
    I never heard that song so I can't say - but I'm sure you are right. The fact still remains their uptempos do sound very similar to one another.

there are similarities of course but the differences between them are fine with me... eg i can say there are differences between "WMYB" and "kiss you"...

but i'd rather they change only gradually and not stray too much from the sound that their fans accepted them for than risk alienating their core fans with a drastic change of musical direction...
  • zeze88zeze88 Posts: 1,587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    abrightyz wrote: »
    there are similarities of course but the differences between them are fine with me... eg i can say there are differences between "WMYB" and "kiss you"...

but i'd rather they change only gradually and not stray too much from the sound that their fans accepted them for than risk alienating their core fans with a drastic change of musical direction...

It is understandable that you see the differences because you are a fan, but people who aren't fans don't seem them. Of course something drastic wouldn't be good, but to have more mature sound wouldn't hurt because it would maybe attract older audience. Just omitting nanana and o o o o would actually be a good start.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It is understandable that you see the differences because you are a fan, but people who aren't fans don't seem them. Of course something drastic wouldn't be good, but to have more mature sound wouldn't hurt because it would maybe attract older audience. Just omitting nanana and o o o o would actually be a good start.

in the end i'm with you looking out for the day they release more mature songs as they grow older... hopefully with the third album...

honestly if "best song ever" was for the third album, i might have a different reaction either...

but this actually being the theme tune of their movie showing off their goofy selves behind the scenes of their highly successful TMH tour... i think it being a song about good times/ having fun listening to what you consider the "best song ever" is just apt and par for the course...
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    Well, of course not when One Thing is upbeat and Little Things is a ballad - that would be like comparing night and day. I understand what cnbcwatcher is saying - their uptempo songs do sound very much the same. Little things on the other hand sounds almost the same as that other song Sheeran has written for them.

Exactly. Little Things might be a ballad but it's dreadful. The lyrics are so cringeworthy and childish! I can't stand Ed Sheeran either. His music is so boring.
  • my name is joemy name is joe Posts: 4,450
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    you have to admire the chutzpah with that song title, if nowt else
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Exactly. Little Things might be a ballad but it's dreadful. The lyrics are so cringeworthy and childish! I can't stand Ed Sheeran either. His music is so boring.

moments.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gqm873UWUdw

little things.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYryW7Z9i64

both written by ed sheeran.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    and for all of you watching 1D's every move: *yes, you* ;)

"ONE DIRECTION TO OPEN THE TEEN CHOICE AWARDS 2013 WITH THEIR FIRST PERFORMANCE OF 'BEST SONG EVER'" :D

http://www.sugarscape.com/main-topics/music/886436/one-direction-open-teen-choice-awards-2013-their-first-performance-best-son
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,246
    Forum Member
    abrightyz wrote: »
    and for all of you watching 1D's every move: *yes, you* ;)

"ONE DIRECTION TO OPEN THE TEEN CHOICE AWARDS 2013 WITH THEIR FIRST PERFORMANCE OF 'BEST SONG EVER'" :D

http://www.sugarscape.com/main-topics/music/886436/one-direction-open-teen-choice-awards-2013-their-first-performance-best-son

I do like 1D but the Teen Choice Awards make me feel sick.:eek:
  • 19921992 Posts: 4,677
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Heard this on Radio 1 today.

I dont like 1D but damn it their songs are catchy the chorus has been in my head since! ha.
  • zeze88zeze88 Posts: 1,587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    1992 wrote: »
    Heard this on Radio 1 today.

I dont like 1D but damn it their songs are catchy the chorus has been in my head since! ha.

I agree the song is catchy, but I think lyrically-wise - this is the weakest song they released. The chorus is lame as well as the bridge. It all sounds very cringe-worthy and juvenile.
  • dodger0703dodger0703 Posts: 1,957
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree the song is catchy, but I think lyrically-wise - this is the weakest song they released. The chorus is lame as well as the bridge. It all sounds very cringe-worthy and juvenile.

but my granddaughter will lap it up, that's all that matters
  • Jason100Jason100 Posts: 17,222
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

That's all i need to know before i listen to it! :D
  • ChateauMarmontChateauMarmont Posts: 2,373
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It is one of my favourite One Direction songs ever, it's totally catchy and has been stuck in my head since I first heard it.
  • BRITLANDBRITLAND Posts: 3,443
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I had to change my schedule of holiday shopping since 1D were opening their new shop in Silverburn, can't spend 6 hours in ques with thousands if Directioners round me (shrugs)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BRITLAND wrote: »
    I had to change my schedule of holiday shopping since 1D were opening their new shop in Silverburn, can't spend 6 hours in ques with thousands if Directioners round me (shrugs)

Avoid Directioners like the plague! :D
  • Hassaan13Hassaan13 Posts: 41,961
    Forum Member

Out of interest, which song out of all the ones they have released do you think is the best lyrically-wise?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 163
    Forum Member
    They have just announced a single called "Best Song Ever" :D:Dhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6yDetB1Vfjg

One Erection has so no musical talent that it's hurts. The boys ar just utter shite.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 163
    Forum Member
    Jason100 wrote: »
    Avoid Directioners like the plague! :D

One Erection is the worst epidemic ever.
  • JayPee86JayPee86 Posts: 3,565
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    One Erection has so no musical talent that it's hurts. The boys ar just utter shite.

Its Wand Erection
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JayPee86 wrote: »
    Its Wand Erection

What ever they're called they're just the worse over hyped boy band ever.
  • AmazingAmazing Posts: 1,541
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When their songs top the iTunes Charts round the world before even being heard it's proof it's not about the music and all about the hype.

Their young fans won't care if they release weaker similar sounding songs to their debut. They would buy them farting into the microphone.
  • andi84andi84 Posts: 2,299
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Haha, Chris_Bayerstei strikes again :D

Like a broken record...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Amazing wrote: »
    Their young fans won't care if they release weaker similar sounding songs to their debut. They would buy them farting into the microphone.

I wonder how many of them now have 'Marimba' as their ringtone after yesterday's revelation that Harry hates it.
  • twingletwingle Posts: 19,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    andi84 wrote: »
    Haha, Chris_Bayerstei strikes again :D

Like a broken record...

I think he secretly loves them as he spends so much time posting about them ;)
  • twingletwingle Posts: 19,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jason100 wrote: »
    I wonder how many of them now have 'Marimba' as their ringtone after yesterday's revelation that Harry hates it.

Have to say I agree with Harry. I have just spent the week-end with someone with it and every time the phone rang I cringed! :eek: