Options

Sharon back behind the bar !!!

soapreturneesoapreturnee Posts: 421
Forum Member
I hope this is a permanent thing, I think they want Sharon to be more central and putting her back where she belongs behind the Vic is a smart move, also it's great to see her and Linda in more scenes together. :)

Comments

• Options
    valdvald Posts: 46,057
    Forum Member
    Why is she still hanging around. Ollie's been out of hospital for weeks, and they're certainly not short of staff. She seems to pop up everywhere lately.
  • Options
    jamesc_715jamesc_715 Posts: 8,505
    Forum Member
    vald wrote: »
    Why is she still hanging around. Ollie's been out of hospital for weeks, and they're certainly not short of staff. She seems to pop up everywhere lately.
    Maybe she works there full time? I think Mick and Linda have asked her to work in the Vic or they need her because she's an experienced businesswoman and she needs a job.
  • Options
    J-BJ-B Posts: 18,613
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sharon is a jobless, classless, homeless scrounger that needs to be kicked out onto the streets where her and her horrid son belong.
  • Options
    FashionFashion Posts: 5,017
    Forum Member
    J-B wrote: »
    Sharon is a jobless, classless, homeless scrounger that needs to be kicked out onto the streets where her and her horrid son belong.
    Sharon can be okay when she's not involved with the Mitchells, but preferred her when she returned in 2001.
  • Options
    ScrabblerScrabbler Posts: 51,302
    Forum Member
    Sharon is worth more than being a barmaid. :(
  • Options
    Lady VoldemortLady Voldemort Posts: 10,088
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

You have a lot of time for her, I can tell.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Scrabbler wrote: »
    I think she will be bar manager or she will co-own the Vic with Mick and Linda. It was a really odd decision to remove her from The Albert because DTC created The Albert for her.
  • Options
    enderforever07enderforever07 Posts: 1,027
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think they are going down the 2001 route.

The albert did work with Sharon but remember this isn't the last we've heard off Gavin and Margaret.

I think Sharon will work at the vic to provide support for her and Denny and then will move into the new flats that Jack is converting and move in there. She will then eventually get the Albert full right when Gavin manipulates Vincent and Claudette and then Gavin will give it to her in her will. But something big is gonna happen.
  • Options
    Forum Member

She's got half a million, she could buy her own business. Linda, Mick, Lee and Shirley are well able to run the Vic. Then there is Tracey and Babe.

I think they've stuck her in there for when Peggy and Grant return.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Plus what a perfect place for her to come into the sence with Grant where they first met!!

Shirley will have a thrill day when she will say she chose your own brother over you again lol :D
  • Options
    nigel12nigel12 Posts: 1,230
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Isn't it just that they need her there for iconic scenes when Peggy / Grant are back? There's no other place for them to first meet really esp Grant
  • Options
    nigel12nigel12 Posts: 1,230
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Plus what a perfect place for her to come into the sence with Grant where they first met!!

Shirley will have a thrill day when she will say she chose your own brother over you again lol :D

Ha great minds!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I think they are going down the 2001 route.

The albert did work with Sharon but remember this isn't the last we've heard off Gavin and Margaret.

I think Sharon will work at the vic to provide support for her and Denny and then will move into the new flats that Jack is converting and move in there. She will then eventually get the Albert full right when Gavin manipulates Vincent and Claudette and then Gavin will give it to her in her will. But something big is gonna happen.
    That's the last thing I want for her. I do not want to see her alone with Denny because she will be back to 2013 Sharon with no family links in the Square.
  • Options
    SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I hope this is a permanent thing, I think they want Sharon to be more central and putting her back where she belongs behind the Vic is a smart move, also it's great to see her and Linda in more scenes together. :)
    Why does she belong there ?
    Post of the thread but her son his better since he had his hair cut

Why ??????????????
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its defo set up for a queen vic set up for Grant and Shirley will catch them :D

Well we've all moaned that she isn't good with the Mitchells and she has to live somewhere.

I dis-agreed she worked with the Mitchells. she defo has chemistry with Phil and her scene with Ronnie recently are brill, Hope them two become best friends :)
  • Options
    Ell_RenEll_Ren Posts: 9,911
    Forum Member
    vald wrote: »

I've noticed this too. Sharon seems to be everywhere at te moment. :o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ell_Ren wrote: »

Like a bad smell wafting around. If I went to the Vic and had her bulging her eyes all over the place I would write a highly critical review on TripAdvisor.

Thanks.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Ell_Ren wrote: »

I think they want to make sure that Peggy and Grant can't move without tripping over her. ;-)

I much preferred Ronnie's friendship with Honey, but now it's been dropped for Sharon.
  • Options
    wizardtwizardt Posts: 2,125
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can anyone tell me how Sharon seems to be everywhere? She's not getting a lot of screentime and she's not in many episodes. She's not involved with the Mitchells so what do others expect her to do? Become a lonely character??
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Putting her in the Vic is just so false and transparent. There was absolutely no need. Mick and Linda own it, Shirley had a share. Nancy, Lee, Whitney, Tina, Babe, Tracey, and Abi work there. No shifts for Sharon, get rid immediately.

Sharon's scenes need to be out in the gutter where she belongs.

Thanks.
  • Options
    wizardtwizardt Posts: 2,125
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Putting her in the Vic is just so false and transparent. There was absolutely no need. Mick and Linda own it, Shirley had a share. Nancy, Lee, Whitney, Tina, Babe, Tracey, and Abi work there. No shifts for Sharon, get rid immediately.

Sharon's scenes need to be out in the gutter where she belongs.

Thanks.
    How is it false and transparent? She has a LOT of history there and why not put her back? She's an original character who has so many ties there. She was a good landlady and bar work is her preferred occupation.
  • Options
    Aurora13Aurora13 Posts: 30,246
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    wizardt wrote: »
    How is it false and transparent? She has a LOT of history there and why not put her back? She's an original character who has so many ties there. She was a good landlady and bar work is her preferred occupation.

Thanks

Err...... her ties were cut long ago. It's blatently plot driven as nearly everyone on this thread is saying. There is absolutely no reason for her still to be there apart from Peggy and Grant walking through the door. It's not an issue for me apart from it being so contrived. Thankfully I'm on holiday in June so will miss much of (or can flick through the recorded episodes) the whole Peggy saga.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Aurora13 wrote: »
    Err...... her ties were cut long ago. It's blatently plot driven as nearly everyone on this thread is saying. There is absolutely no reason for her still to be there apart from Peggy and Grant walking through the door. It's not an issue for me apart from it being so contrived. Thankfully I'm on holiday in June so will miss much of (or can flick through the recorded episodes) the whole Peggy saga.

Quite. As is her being at Ronnie's. There obviously isn't room for them to stay with Phil so they'll be staying there I expect.
  • Options
    coolercooler Posts: 13,024
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Aurora13 wrote: »

Absolutely no reason? She's got to earn a living.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    cooler wrote: »
    Absolutely no reason? She's got to earn a living.

She could have continued to work at the Albert.. Mick and Linda already have more than enough staff. I predict that her first scene with Grant will be in the Vic, and that is the only reason she's there.