Options

Does anyone have a Videosender?

I saw an ad in a Satellite magazine of a Videosender. If you have one of these you can watch sky on another tv without wires! I was stun to read that! Is it true? or is it a scam? if it`s true i think i`m gonna get one!

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 643
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lots of people have them. You can buy them in Argos and Maplin and plenty of other places.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 390
    Forum Member
    But does it really work? is it worth it?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,055
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I use digisender (available from argos).

Yes I think it's worth it as I can watch everything on my TiVo or Sky from any TV in the house, just by taking the remote with me.

No it's no scam, you can even send the remote codes back down to the sky box just by pointing the remote to the digisender box. They are quite effective, I get great picture quality too, but it is dependent on your circumstances.
  • Options
    WiddyWiddy Posts: 2,001
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have one to watch Sky upstairs (too poor to have additional sub!), the picture and sound quality is great, but unwatchable when a microwave is in use in my house or next doors too.

But then how long is a microwave used for in one go, only a few minutes so the only minus to the system is acceptable to me.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 643
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I also got a Digisender from Argos. One of the main reasons was they also sell extra receivers, so I can now watch Sky in the living room, the bedroom and the kitchen.

Murray
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,055
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Originally posted by mpark
    I also got a Digisender from Argos. One of the main reasons was they also sell extra receivers, so I can now watch Sky in the living room, the bedroom and the kitchen.

Yes it's wonderful isn't it :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yup - I've got one from Maplins and it works a treat. Yes in stereo too (so therefore Dolby Pro-Logic possible).