Options

James Corden

Comments

• Options
    DiamondDollDiamondDoll Posts: 21,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sluger wrote: »
    I think Hitler was a better person at least he had the decency to shoot himself.

If that was meant to be funny, I sure didn't laugh.>:(
  • Options
    Blanche.DuboisBlanche.Dubois Posts: 674
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I quite like him. Although it's funny, but if a few people are saying he has been difficult to work with, then there's no smoke without fire.
  • Options
    SlugerSluger Posts: 861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think Hitler was a better person at least he had the decency to shoot himself.
    If that was meant to be funny, I sure didn't laugh.>:(

Sorry is it too soon?
  • Options
    gold2040gold2040 Posts: 3,049
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Seems to be a lot of bandwagon hate for this guy, I didn't like him just for the sake of it once I admit it, but he's actually alright, and has done very well for himself.
    Haters are going to hate ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Dude is laughing his way to the bank
  • Options
    SwizzlesSwizzles Posts: 182
    Forum Member
    I recall Ant and Dec pranking him on Takeaway and how close he was to shouting the worst sentence anyone famous could - "do you know who I am?". I realised at that moment that something probably wasn't right with the James Corden who is in front of the camera and the one who didn't know he was being watched.

Out of all of the US late-night hosts, he genuinely comes off as the most insincere on social media as well. I follow all of them and he's by far the most self-promoting. RT a tweet about someone buying a magazine because he was on the cover. 100 RTs about a new Carpool Karaoke. 100 RTs about articles covering the new Carpool Karaoke. More RTs to remind you to watch the show tonight because such and suchabody is on. RTing every single EVERY SINGLE People's Choice Award nomination vote from his 1D loving followers last year promising them a Carpool Karaoke or some other bribe if they voted, and he still lost to Jimmy Fallon. Then he tried the exact same thing again with the Teen Choice Awards and lost that too.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Swizzles wrote: »
    I recall Ant and Dec pranking him on Takeaway and how close he was to shouting the worst sentence anyone famous could - "do you know who I am?".

I have been in the room where he said to someone "Do you know who I am?"
  • Options
    InspirationInspiration Posts: 62,706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Theres something about him that I quite like in that he's basically stuck two fingers up to the natural order of things and defied all of his critics.

Let's remember where he started:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PPqKOfCzN20

He's now said to be worth over 10 million. He's interviewed Michelle Obama.. many others. Actually made it in the US.. something that is notoriously difficult to pull off for anyone from this side of the pond. The boy did good.

And the Patrick Stewart thing was as cringe worthy now as it was then. You can see that Patrick feels he has some sort of status that even allows him to have a go at James for standing with his hands in his pockets. But James was having none of that and actually showed absolutely no respect for Patrick's own perceived status. He got right in his face and basically said "bring it on" and I like that.

If he's an arse in private.. I don't really care that much tbh. Most celebs, VIPs or showbiz types are arses in private. It comes with the territory. But I admire what he's achieved.
  • Options
    viva.espanaviva.espana Posts: 8,500
    Forum Member
    Seems to be a lot of bandwagon hate for this guy, I didn't like him just for the sake of it once I admit it, but he's actually alright, and has done very well for himself.

It seems to be leftover hate from when he behaved like an obnoxious knob in the aftermath of the success of G&S, which is sort of understandable.

But, while I still think he has a gigantic ego which he still struggles to keep in check, he IS talented (his stage work in particular) and well done to him for finding a niche in America that really likes and appreciates his particular brand of (what I call) brash enthusiasm.
  • Options
    AmusedmooseAmusedmoose Posts: 1,188
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Was there not a story about Rob Brydon taking him aside and talking to him about his attitude of the set of G&S? Correct me if I'm wrong.
  • Options
    MK184MK184 Posts: 1,359
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    James doesn't really bother me too much, though that bloody advert for car insurance he does makes me want to destroy the telly. I didn't like him around the time of Gavin & Stacey for the reasons mentioned, his arrogance. I hadn't heard about Rob Brydon pulling him aside but I think it's likely true; I remember watching a behind the scenes feature from G&S in which James and Ruth Jones were appearing on a chat show, in both cases for the first time. He came across as very dominant, often interrupting her. When Ruth was interviewed alone she joked "James never talks to me when there's famous people around", and although she was saying it to be humorous you could tell there was a truth to it. He doesn't seem as bad nowadays and his chatshow is enjoyable, if a little overrated. I personally like him but I obviously do not know him.
  • Options
    MessaroundabitMessaroundabit Posts: 619
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    'He doesn't seem as bad nowadays' 🙈🙈🙈🙈🙈🙈
    It's an act, put on because he was putting his career under threat as a result of arrogance and conceitedness that was off the scale.

He hasn't changed at all, just puts it on for the sake of earning money - just watch his voice go into pathetic mode at a switch of a button.

How he fools people is beyond me - it's so so blatant.
  • Options
    PencilPencil Posts: 5,700
    Forum Member
    I can't stand the bloke.

Glad he's gone to America.
  • Options
    MK184MK184 Posts: 1,359
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    'He doesn't seem as bad nowadays' 🙈🙈🙈🙈🙈🙈
    It's an act, put on because he was putting his career under threat as a result of arrogance and conceitedness that was off the scale.

He hasn't changed at all, just puts it on for the sake of earning money - just watch his voice go into pathetic mode at a switch of a button.

How he fools people is beyond me - it's so so blatant.

He doesn't seem as bad to me nowadays as he did back then. I'm sorry but this is my opinion, as I've stated above. Just because you have a problem with him doesn't mean everybody else has to, I don't have any proof of what you are saying so I'll make my mind up myself.
  • Options
    dodradedodrade Posts: 23,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Theres something about him that I quite like in that he's basically stuck two fingers up to the natural order of things and defied all of his critics.

Let's remember where he started:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PPqKOfCzN20

He's now said to be worth over 10 million. He's interviewed Michelle Obama.. many others. Actually made it in the US.. something that is notoriously difficult to pull off for anyone from this side of the pond. The boy did good.

And the Patrick Stewart thing was as cringe worthy now as it was then. You can see that Patrick feels he has some sort of status that even allows him to have a go at James for standing with his hands in his pockets. But James was having none of that and actually showed absolutely no respect for Patrick's own perceived status. He got right in his face and basically said "bring it on" and I like that.

If he's an arse in private.. I don't really care that much tbh. Most celebs, VIPs or showbiz types are arses in private. It comes with the territory. But I admire what he's achieved.

I have no idea what James Corden is like in private but having professional success is no excuse to be a jerk to others. Indeed judging from the nice/not so nice Celebrity thread the rude ones are the exception rather than the rule.
  • Options
    walterwhitewalterwhite Posts: 56,926
    Forum Member
    If no one wants to work with you in you home country, you have to look elsewhere.

Is this a joke?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I quite like him. Although it's funny, but if a few people are saying he has been difficult to work with, then there's no smoke without fire.

That would depend if they are just random people on an internet forum or someone we can verify actually knew him let alone worked with him.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is this a joke?

Nope.
  • Options
    MessaroundabitMessaroundabit Posts: 619
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Amazing how many people are taken in by him.
  • Options
    PitmanPitman Posts: 28,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Britain's loss is also America's loss :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Nope.

No-one wants to work with him?

What a pathetic thing to write.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No-one wants to work with him?

What a pathetic thing to write.

Before he left for America what work did he have over here?
  • Options
    HaydenHayden Posts: 32,949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Long may his success in America last!
  • Options
    InspirationInspiration Posts: 62,706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dodrade wrote: »
    I have no idea what James Corden is like in private but having professional success is no excuse to be a jerk to others.

But what difference does it make?
  • Options
    Blanche.DuboisBlanche.Dubois Posts: 674
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That would depend if they are just random people on an internet forum or someone we can verify actually knew him let alone worked with him.

Well, fair point. I have not heard anything prior to this, other than an interview where he himself said that he was rude and bratty back in the Gavin And Stacey days. But I have not heard anything else. He was a lot younger, then.
    Like I said, I like him and I love his carpool episodes.
  • Options
    FusionFuryFusionFury Posts: 14,121
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He's done well for a big man ! He gives all big men hope !?