Options

Worst advert on TV at the moment (Part 11)

Comments

• Options
    Sadly All SeeinSadly All Seein Posts: 842
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    airfix wrote: »
    That awful Allianz ad with the girl trying to sing Karma Chameleon. She couldn't hold a tune if it had handles.

that seems to be popular in ads, especially car ads.
    that one with lots of people driving a car in an European town with them singing or the bad betty one.

Why do they think tone deaf "normal" people is an attractive way to sell their product.
    It's and assault on the ears.

Give me the fantasy of hiring someone with an amazing voice to sing in these adverts or hire me to sing it badly but you'd better pay me well To embarrass myself like they do.
  • Options
    BelfastGuy125BelfastGuy125 Posts: 7,515
    Forum Member
    Febreeze with them going into that boys room. Whose sister and mum goes into a teenage boys room and is surprised it smells like sex and or BO?
  • Options
    Futurama-FanFuturama-Fan Posts: 930
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Squatch wrote: »
    Exactly! One horse would be too many, let alone 43. Funny how that poster thinks it's perfectly fine to write an essay on his opinion, but thinks it's wrong for others to state the opposing view.

I didn't say that, nor do I think it. My original post was about how this topic is a bit heavy for this thread. If it was in the political section of the forum then that would be a perfect section for this type of part moral part political debate. I myself don't visit the political section of the forum as all debates of this nature become a back and forth between people who have one opinion against those of another opinion.

In all honestly there is no right or wrong answer on this subject. You have your opinion and that is right to you, and I have my opinion and that is right to me. All I tried to do was highlight some statistical facts and then it's up to everyone to make their own mind up on this, or any other issue, and the statistics currently show the majority of the public is in favour of the Grand National. This may change in the future or it may not.
  • Options
    MagicCoppeliaMagicCoppelia Posts: 21,129
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Febreeze with them going into that boys room. Whose sister and mum goes into a teenage boys room and is surprised it smells like sex and or BO?

I agree. They should keep out of his room and respect his privacy, not try to embarrass the poor lad!.
  • Options
    pugamopugamo Posts: 18,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Game of war or something where the girl with big boobs asks `will you be my hero` in a monotone. She looks like she could fight her own battles to be fair.
  • Options
    ÆnimaÆnima Posts: 38,548
    Forum Member
    That Aldi advert where they beg you to tell your friends, 'and they'll tell their friends and they'll tell their friends'. Go away! It's so desperate.

Then there's the one for currys or one of those type of places and it's some dumb bint fantasising about having a mojito served to her by a load of topless men, and then looks incredibly disappointed when she snaps out of it and sees her actual boyfriend.

And wtf is with the Allianz ad with the guy and younger girl singing karma chameleon really badly?! It's horrible! Did the world learn nothing from the toyota ad? :p
  • Options
    AnonandonAnonandon Posts: 257
    Forum Member
    valkay wrote: »
    Europe and Asia are two continents with India as a sub-continent, North and South America are the Americas. perhaps you had better tell the Olympic Committee they are wrong.

Every time you PASS over a continent, does that make you incontinent?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    sw2963 wrote: »
    Yep Allianz insurance ad is weird
    I thought she was a bit 'special' as in 'Quantas never crash, Quantas never crash' but with Culture Club lyrics. Then it dawned on me, she is a dead ringer for James Harries/ Lauren Harries....but somewhere in between, if you get my drift.
  • Options
    yviebabeyviebabe Posts: 6,050
    Forum Member
    That Renault Zoe advert where some female has crucified 'That's Entertainment'. I'm incensed!!!
  • Options
    valkayvalkay Posts: 15,726
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anonandon wrote: »
    Every time you PASS over a continent, does that make you incontinent?

Dover for the Continent, Bournmouth for the incontinent.:D
  • Options
    yviebabeyviebabe Posts: 6,050
    Forum Member
    That bloody Natwest advert with that annoying t**t of a kid! >:(

Is that the one where he whispers at the end 'So they could have me' ? Ugh!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    valkay wrote: »
    Dover for the Continent, Bournmouth for the incontinent.:D

Or Eastbourne.
  • Options
    Residents FanResidents Fan Posts: 9,204
    Forum Member
    pugamo wrote: »
    Game of war or something where the girl with big boobs asks `will you be my hero` in a monotone. She looks like she could fight her own battles to be fair.

That's model Kate Upton, apparently wearing one of Helen Mirren's outfits from
    "Excalibur"... :D

She did another GoW ad for the US, which shamelessly rips off a certain
    HBO series (Hint: it's not True Detective or Girls) :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uHskC7JRL9M
  • Options
    Forum Member
    'This roast says, how the hell did you get into uni'

Erm, what?
  • Options
    grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,695
    Forum Member
    Karma Charmelion advert :(
    "And how was the singing lesson?"
    Now I'm not a professional singer but I'd ask for any money back if I sang like that :mad: Awful
  • Options
    mikebukmikebuk Posts: 18,769
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sheldon's Lancashire Oven Bottom Muffins.

Dopey sounding guy shoulting to his non-seen wife about there being no sausages or burgers.

He has to settle for a toasted muffin - a muffin meal in itself !
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,075
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    grimtales1 wrote: »
    Karma Charmelion advert :(
    "And how was the singing lesson?"
    Now I'm not a professional singer but I'd ask for any money back if I sang like that :mad: Awful

:D:D:D
  • Options
    darkislanddarkisland Posts: 3,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Who's the depressing skinny baldy / high forehead girl who seems to be on loads of ads at the moment - I presume she runs, swims, jumps or throws things for a living and is therefore qualified to pass on her acquired knowledge ?

Still baffles me that banks / supermarkets / chain stores / vegetarian sausage makers imagine that we're more likely to shop with them on the basis that they're prepared to pay some exiled racing driver / pair of grinning buffoons / gormless pole vaulter / barely coherent athlete etc to pretend to value their brand.

No thanks. >:(
  • Options
    ErythroleukosErythroleukos Posts: 1,118
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pugamo wrote: »

That advert's definitely not aimed at hormonal teenage boys at all. :p:p
  • Options
    bluefbbluefb Posts: 15,461
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ænima wrote: »
    'This roast says, how the hell did you get into uni'

Erm, what?
    Can't stand the bloke's accent in that ad, nor any other ad with exaggerated Northern accents, invariably advertising 'working class' stuff (e.g. the work & pensions one, where he pronounces every syllable like he's in dire discomfort).
  • Options
    ErythroleukosErythroleukos Posts: 1,118
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The meerkat movies ad with Arnie. I'm not sure if I like it or not - anyone got any thoughts on this?
    I kind of feel sorry for the governator having to appear in ads these days. :cry:
  • Options
    Nicola37Nicola37 Posts: 2,136
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Trust two loans. Loans gained through having a guarantor. Awful cheesy jingle and even cringier 'finger heart' (think Gareth Bale's celebration) between the loanee and their generous guarantor who can be a mate or their lovely mum and dad. Bleugh.
  • Options
    grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,695
    Forum Member
    The meerkat movies ad with Arnie. I'm not sure if I like it or not - anyone got any thoughts on this?
    I kind of feel sorry for the governator having to appear in ads these days. :cry:

I think the ad with Arnie and the meerkat is very funny :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,075
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Boys rooms always smell of hamsters. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    darkisland wrote: »
    Who's the depressing skinny baldy / high forehead girl who seems to be on loads of ads at the moment - I presume she runs, swims, jumps or throws things for a living and is therefore qualified to pass on her acquired knowledge ?

Still baffles me that banks / supermarkets / chain stores / vegetarian sausage makers imagine that we're more likely to shop with them on the basis that they're prepared to pay some exiled racing driver / pair of grinning buffoons / gormless pole vaulter / barely coherent athlete etc to pretend to value their brand.

No thanks. >:(

Yeah, they are annoying, I presume they all have to do it as part of their sponsorship deals, I bet they hate doing it!
This discussion has been closed.