Options

Bagg's CV all lies?

PootmatootPootmatoot Posts: 15,640
Forum Member
✭✭
The only possible reason I can think he survived over Liz is that they have absolute dynamite on him for the interview rounds, so needed him to stay.

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,449
    Forum Member
    it can't possibly be true - why would he need the job with sugar?
    would sugar have gone to work for someone else?
  • Options
    HurlleyHurlley Posts: 2,162
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    he could have fired Stella, I would have fired Stella over Liz.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 414
    Forum Member
    Possibly.

One of the three contenders who gets fired seemed to have upset Lord Sugar. The last one shown seemed to be full of anger and disdain. That could be reserved for anyone though.
  • Options
    Dragonlady 25Dragonlady 25 Posts: 8,587
    Forum Member
    Pootmatoot wrote: »
    The only possible reason I can think he survived over Liz is that they have absolute dynamite on him for the interview rounds, so needed him to stay.

Ooh!! I hadn't thought of that!! :eek:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 85
    Forum Member
    it can't possibly be true - why would he need the job with sugar?
    would sugar have gone to work for someone else?

I thought exactly the same.

His own company at 21 with a turnover of £3 million per year, or a £100,000 per year job working for someone else?

Hmmm, tough choice :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I thought exactly the same.

His own company at 21 with a turnover of £3 million per year, or a £100,000 per year job working for someone else?

Hmmm, tough choice :rolleyes:

He said he was a director of the company with the £3 million turnover not that it was his own.

His own company which he just started was not mentioned as a success yet.

My suspicions arose when Sugar did that digging on how much money his parents gave him and Stuart saying he made all his own money from selling yo yo's etc and how much of a success he was at 21 and the parallels with LS as a youngster. That could well be bullshit.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 295
    Forum Member
    I really want to know who the CV lier is !! I hope its Stuart and not Stella. It can't be Stella :S Maybe Joanna ?
  • Options
    RixionRixion Posts: 768
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't think Joanna would lie about anything revolving a cleaning company lol..
  • Options
    trollfacetrollface Posts: 13,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I reckon that part of it has to be the CV. After all, if he's the head of a company with a 3m annual turnover, then how can he even afford to be away from it for 3 weeks, let alone start a new job? There are four possibilities - that that turnover translates into a healthy profit and he'd have to work for much less working for Surallen, that the turnover doesn't translate into a healthy profit and the company is worth very little in real business terms and so wouldn't be a loss for him, that the turnover doesn't translate into a healthy profit because the company is young and needs more time to grow and he'd be abandoning a company that was potentially very lucrative in a couple of years time, or that that turnover doesn't translate into a healthy profit because the company is collapsing and it wouldn't be a loss to him. Or, of course, it's a lie. Whichever of those is true they make hiring him a bad idea.

Can't wait for the interviews.

That said, though, I'm not surprised at Liz going. She hasn't shown that spark that Surallen is always going on about and has not only not lived up to her early promise in recent weeks, but has given a poor account of herself in the boardroom every time she's been on a losing team.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I really want to know who the CV lier is !! I hope its Stuart and not Stella. It can't be Stella :S Maybe Joanna ?

Did not watch YF tonight so have I missed something?

Has someone definitely lied alot on their CV? It would tally with how angry Sugar looked in the preview on the last clip.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    trollface wrote: »
    I reckon that part of it has to be the CV. After all, if he's the head of a company with a 3m annual turnover, then how can he even afford to be away from it for 3 weeks, let alone start a new job? There are four possibilities - that that turnover translates into a healthy profit and he'd have to work for much less working for Surallen, that the turnover doesn't translate into a healthy profit and the company is worth very little in real business terms and so wouldn't be a loss for him, that the turnover doesn't translate into a healthy profit because the company is young and needs more time to grow and he'd be abandoning a company that was potentially very lucrative in a couple of years time, or that that turnover doesn't translate into a healthy profit because the company is collapsing and it wouldn't be a loss to him. Or, of course, it's a lie. Whichever of those is true they make hiring him a bad idea.

Can't wait for the interviews.

That said, though, I'm not surprised at Liz going. She hasn't shown that spark that Surallen is always going on about and has not only not lived up to her early promise in recent weeks, but has given a poor account of herself in the boardroom every time she's been on a losing team.

He did not say he was head of the company with the 3m turnover though:confused:. He said he was a director.

He said he was a director which could mean anything from big involvement to doing nothing at all. How he became director has not been explained unless I missed something in the boardroom as I did have to answer the phone for 20 seconds.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 85
    Forum Member
    He said he was a director of the company with the £3 million turnover not that it was his own.

Ah, yeah, good point. But still, at 21, bought his own house, has flash cars, so he's clearly not short of a few bob...

or...
    My suspicions arose when Sugar did that digging on how much money his parents gave him...That could well be bullshit

:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I think his parents have a lot more to do with it than he's letting on - if you've bought a flat and flash cars completely on your own at 21 there's no WAY you'd go and be a salaried worker, no way
  • Options
    InspirationInspiration Posts: 62,706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pootmatoot wrote: »

Or perhaps Lord Sugar sees something he likes? Someone with a great deal of confidence and desire to succeed and make him lots of money? Why is that such a bad thing and why does it have to be fake?

I'm sure if Baggs didn't really own his own company the papers would have been all over it by now. And let's not forget who won the apprentice not so long ago, Lee 'lied on his CV' McQueen.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 326
    Forum Member
    Well, I was hoping that Baggs would get into the interviews - sadly it seems that came at the cost of Liz. :(

Still, I can't wait to see him get grilled by Claude and Margaret. Just watched the preview on YF - should be good!

And if what is on Baggs' CV is lies, that they will be absolute whoppers and will dwarf Lee's porky many times. All the better to watch them get torn apart! :D
  • Options
    jzeejzee Posts: 25,498
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wasn't it Jamie who commented on them picking an error in the CV and blowing it up to black hole size?
  • Options
    InspirationInspiration Posts: 62,706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think his parents have a lot more to do with it than he's letting on - if you've bought a flat and flash cars completely on your own at 21 there's no WAY you'd go and be a salaried worker, no way

Why not? Just because you wouldn't doesn't mean he doesn't want to. Perhaps he has ticked the self success box and wants to work for someone like Lord Sugar and give himself a new challenge.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He lives on the isle of man so house prices/cost of living is cheaper than London i assume? He must be making enough to buy those cars though.

He also said the company he works for has £3million turnover. Turnover is nothing without profit. The company might be making a profit of 20,000. Dont we see a lot of companies coming into Dragons den with high turnovers but also high costs? All the time in fact.

Also this job gives him more than £100k. It gets him close to one of the richest men in the country. He gives him so many opportunities and the publicity would be endless. Its more than the £100k. Much more. If he can get in with Sugar, prove he is what he says, after a year that £100k might be £300k. Anythings possible.

This is his company btw: http://bluewave.im/

He also has a blog for it that he has posted on recently, nothing personal ofcourse.

http://blog.bluewave.im/
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think he is an interesting one. Most of his big-ups surrounding himself are about how he is a great salesman yet he hasn't proved that to us yet. He also hasn't shown us anything other than what a big mouth he has.

He certainly is capable of talking a good game, but have we seen that spark from him that the position requires? I don't think so.

I don't think he was kept just because they have good stuff on him for the next round, I think it would be very disrespectful to the potential employees if the producers say we want a good show, fire someone else please.
  • Options
    domedome Posts: 55,878
    Forum Member
    Stuart Baggs was a 21-year-old telecoms entrepreneur living in the Isle of Man when he entered The Apprentice series 6.

Born in Plymouth, Stuart Baggs, in 2010, became The Apprentice's youngest ever candidate.

He studied at Ramsey Grammar School. The Sun quoted one former schoolmate of Stuart Baggs as saying he looked down on people because his parents had money.

Stuart Baggs launched his own telecommunications company at the age of 18.

He had started Bluewave Communications when he was just 13, but launched it as a limited company on his 18th birthday. The company distributes SIM cards in the Isle of Man.

http://www.biogs.com/apprentice/stuart.html

http://www.bluewave.im/
  • Options
    foxyredfoxyred Posts: 15,734
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Exactly what I thought, especially when Lord Sugar stressed that he didn't think he was lying and was really complimentary about his successes. I think if the guy has lied then LS will be very angry for being made to look stupid.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,544
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hadn't thought of that but it seems very likely now, unlike Stuarts claim that he earned enough money at 21 to buy his own house with no help atall from his millionaire parents.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Why not? Just because you wouldn't doesn't mean he doesn't want to. Perhaps he has ticked the self success box and wants to work for someone like Lord Sugar and give himself a new challenge.

It wouldn't be me - i like the security of a regular salary!

But I've never met a successful business person with their own company/companies who would go back to working for someone else unless they absolutely had to

you don't 'tick' the self success box (particularly not at 21) - the sort of people who are serious risk takers want to be even more of a success

which is why I smell bullsh*t from Stubags
  • Options
    domedome Posts: 55,878
    Forum Member
    It wouldn't be me - i like the security of a regular salary!

But I've never met a successful business person with their own company/companies who would go back to working for someone else unless they absolutely had to

you don't 'tick' the self success box (particularly not at 21) - the sort of people who are serious risk takers want to be even more of a success

which is why I smell bullsh*t from Stubags

A few months on a TV show, free advertising and if he is offered the job, yet more contacts to be made.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dome wrote: »
    Is this the £3m turnover company?

I also like how they offer 'dedicated bandwidth' when in actual fact it's shared bandwidth as it has contention of 10:1...