Options

Silent Hill

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 39
Forum Member
Hello

I was looking to start the silent hill games but don't really want to start from the beginning, would it make any difference to understanding the storyline? :)

Comments

• Options
    ChparmarChparmar Posts: 6,367
    Forum Member
    C_E wrote: »
    Hello

I was looking to start the silent hill games but don't really want to start from the beginning, would it make any difference to understanding the storyline? :)

You could play the SH 2 - which is the best. There's no direct story line link from SH 1 to SH 3 in SH 2. But it is related to the main series, especially if you want to go in depth into the storyline for the whole franchise.
  • Options
    FusionFuryFusionFury Posts: 14,121
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The first is probably one of the best.

Loved the piano mystery puzzle scene.
  • Options
    jxbrennajxbrenna Posts: 977
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Chparmar wrote: »
    You could play the SH 2 - which is the best. There's no direct story line link from SH 1 to SH 3 in SH 2. But it is related to the main series, especially if you want to go in depth into the storyline for the whole franchise.

There is a direct link if you get the UFO Ending ;)
  • Options
    RS_mark84RS_mark84 Posts: 602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Agree with 2 being the best, But really you should start from the first and then stop after playing 4: The Room(im sure its called)

After that I stopped playing them as they seemed to be all over the shot with random sub titles.

When they where in their hay days they were great Resident Evil contentors.

I'm pretty certain there is a new game coming for the new generation consoles, I may have to look it up.
  • Options
    JoystickJoystick Posts: 14,259
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    RS_mark84 wrote: »

I'm pretty certain there is a new game coming for the new generation consoles, I may have to look it up.
    Yep there is for the PS4. There's kind of a demo called P.T and if you manage to complete it there's a trailer for the next SH game.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    jxbrenna wrote: »

oh yeah!

That really did make my day, back then! :)
  • Options
    RS_mark84RS_mark84 Posts: 602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Woodbine wrote: »
    Yep there is for the PS4. There's kind of a demo called P.T and if you manage to complete it there's a trailer for the next SH game.

I just looked it up. There doesn't seem to be much info Norman Redus( The Walking Dead) is 'in' it. No release date etc.
  • Options
    Gemma_HardingGemma_Harding Posts: 692
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It seems to be a bit up in the air as the big name touted to be making this has parted ways with Konami. Del Torro was billed to be writing it as far as I am led to believe, but he really wanted to work with the dude who left. I'm not sure whats happening now
  • Options
    jcafcwjcafcw Posts: 11,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Twitter is awash with rumours that it has been cancelled.
  • Options
    stefmeisterstefmeister Posts: 8,397
    Forum Member
    The P.T Demo will be removed from PSN on the 29th.
  • Options
    brbbrb Posts: 27,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Norman Reedus has apparently confirmed (Eurogamer) that the project is over.
  • Options
    Tal'shiarTal'shiar Posts: 2,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jxbrenna wrote: »

Make sure you use ALL the stones....
  • Options
    MC_SatanMC_Satan Posts: 26,512
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    brb wrote: »
    Norman Reedus has apparently confirmed (Eurogamer) that the project is over.

That's a real shame. It could have been fantastic!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I had a feeling this would happen when one of the creative forces was quietly shown the door to Konami. Shame cos I loved the original and the sequal. 3 and 4, not so much
  • Options
    Ash_735Ash_735 Posts: 8,493
    Forum Member
    I love their wording in the statmenet that they are looking to future silent Hill games, HAH, **** OFF, this is the most hyped anyone has been about Silent Hill in YEARS, with an amazing creative force behind it, and you go and fire the main guy and cancel this?
  • Options
    OMTTOMTT Posts: 5,459
    Forum Member
    Officially cancelled http://m.uk.ign.com/articles/2015/04/27/silent-hills-has-been-officially-cancelled

Even though not much was known about this game, the thought a del Toro & Kojima joining forces made this one of my most anticipated games. Don't know what they're playing at over at Konami but I can see them struggle over the next few years. They us d to have so many great IP's and were known for their quality but these days all they have is MGS & PES.

I hope Kojima goes on to make this game under the collaboration just use a different title.

I'll be keeping PT demo on my PS4. I wonder if it'll add value if I ever sell it just like all those phones that we're going for silly money when Flappy Bird got taken down lol
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Pathetic, what a sad generation this is turning out to be!

Nothing great at all, on all three platforms!
  • Options
    CBFreakCBFreak Posts: 28,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm gutted. This new SH game had tons of potential after the last few shockers they pulled out for the series.
  • Options
    Cestrian18Cestrian18 Posts: 6,859
    Forum Member
    I think Konami are in major trouble, they've just delisted themselves from the New York Stock Exchange, their rumoured falling out with Hideo Kojama, this being cancelled- We could be looking a lower budget titles (I can't imagine the talent they attached to Silent Hills would've come cheap?) I think they need MGS V to really kick them out of a financial funk by the looks of it, they haven't had a hit game probably since MGS 4 either really have they? (I know Ground Zeroes did alright but didn't exactly set the world alight did it?)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Maybe the creative team might come up with something and pitch it to other companies. Heck, they may even look to Sony to publish it. Look at Naughty Dog.... (Don't shatter my dream of a new Silent Hill game people. As Ross from Friends said, Jurassic Park could Happen)
  • Options
    JoystickJoystick Posts: 14,259
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    (Don't shatter my dream of a new Silent Hill game people. As Ross from Friends said, Jurassic Park could Happen)
    Rachel said that to wind up Ross.

I'm not a big Silent Hill fan but I'm still a bit disappointed, the PT demo was good.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Woodbine wrote: »
    Rachel said that to wind up Ross.

I'm not a big Silent Hill fan but I'm still a bit disappointed, the PT demo was good.

Lol. I knew Ross was involved.

Still sucks that it's been cancelled
  • Options
    tombigbeetombigbee Posts: 4,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OMTT wrote: »
    I'll be keeping PT demo on my PS4. I wonder if it'll add value if I ever sell it just like all those phones that we're going for silly money when Flappy Bird got taken down lol

Seems like you weren't the only one to think along those lines...
    Crafty eBay users have started listing PS4 consoles with the playable teaser installed for upwards of £1,000.

Spotted by VG247, both users have sold items on eBay before, and have excellent feedback. The consoles are used, but said to be in great condition.

If the consoles sell at these scarily high prices, expect a wave of sellers to follow suit in the coming weeks and months.