rick182rick182 Posts: 11,092
Forum Member
✭✭

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Keep drinking it and before long you will get used to the lower levels of sugar and enjoy it just as much. 9% is not that much and isn't going to ruin a product. People's taste buds will get used to it, provided they don't let their attitudes get in the way.

Who is to say that the perfect amount of sugar was the previous level? Lucozade was already lower in sugar than most fizzy drinks and people still liked it. The recipe may well have changed before in the period you've been drinking it as recipes are variable.

I think it's important that they're reducing sugar in a drink that's advertised as a sports drink.
  • Options
    Johnnys ArcadeJohnnys Arcade Posts: 4,105
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rick182 wrote: »

I take it this means the addition of rancid artificial sweeteners? If so I will NEVER buy this product again. Ever!:mad:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I take it this means the addition of rancid artificial sweeteners? If so I will NEVER buy this product again. Ever!:mad:
    Looking at the ingredients list online (assuming it's the reformulated version), it doesn't appear to have any sweeteners added. There's just less glucose syrup, so it's less sweet overall. The lite versions do have artificial sweeteners.

Artificial sweeteners may be controversial, but so too is the artificial colouring used by Lucozade. They print a warning on the bottle that "Sunset Yellow, Ponceau 4R may have an adverse effect on activity and attention in children".
  • Options
    Johnnys ArcadeJohnnys Arcade Posts: 4,105
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Geiger wrote: »
    Looking at the ingredients list online (assuming it's the reformulated version), it doesn't appear to have any sweeteners added. There's just less glucose syrup, so it's less sweet overall. The lite versions do have artificial sweeteners.

Artificial sweeteners may be controversial, but so too is the artificial colouring used by Lucozade. They print a warning on the bottle that "Sunset Yellow, Ponceau 4R may have an adverse effect on activity and attention in children".

It is not the fact they are controversial. I just cannot stand the awful taste of them. I am not really that fussy about colourings as most taste neutral & do not leave a foul aftertaste like artificial sweeteners.
  • Options
    solenoidsolenoid Posts: 15,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They are very sugar rich drinks. Always have been.
  • Options
    andersonsonsonandersonsonson Posts: 6,454
    Forum Member
    white sugar is poison for the body
  • Options
    curvybabescurvybabes Posts: 13,223
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I didnt know this, I only buy lucozade for my diabetic son its good if he,s having a hypo but in our case not so good if they reduce the sugar, I,ll need to check the other flavours see if they have changed as well.
  • Options
    Mr TeacakeMr Teacake Posts: 6,593
    Forum Member
    Lucozade is so much better from the cans
  • Options
    NewExampleNewExample Posts: 1,196
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The vast majority of consumers just drink it for the hell of it. If you're going to use it for energy (water for hydration, sugar for energy, salt for electrolyte balance, vitamins for preventing stitches and cramp etc) then it's fine. I always make my own energy drink for when I'm doing my training and exercise, so I know exactly what I'm getting and no artificial crap. Smooth pure orange juice, water, teaspoon salt, turmeric and black pepper. Then take a vitamin pill. I make two pints, have one pint before and one pint during, tastes alright does alright :D
  • Options
    jeffiner1892jeffiner1892 Posts: 14,331
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    See the only time I take it is after a run so it won't affect me too much.