Strictly - Back To The Ballroom! - Series Three

Comments

• Stuart25Stuart25 Posts: 12,217
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The second celebrity who will be taking to the Strictly dancefloor is...

CHARLIE STAYT

Stayt, 52, is a journalist and newsreader. He is best known for presenting BBC Breakfast alongside Louise Minchin. He has worked on the programme since 2006.

After his confirmation, Charlie told The Daily Star, "it's all very nerve-wracking. It was Louise and Bill that persuaded me to do it - they said it was good fun. I'm still not sure myself why I agreed though!"
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just one day before the celebrity line up is revealed, reports have emerged that The Wanted singer Siva Kaneswaran has signed a deal to participate in the upcoming series of Strictly Come Dancing.

The Wanted announced in January this year that they would be taking a hiatus to pursue solo projects, after their latest album underperformed. Kaneswaran, 25, proposed to his girlfriend of six years in December of last year.

Fellow bandmate Max George has pursued an acting career, whilst it is expected that Nathan Sykes will record a solo album. Could Strictly Come Dancing be one of Siva's solo endeavours?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The third celebrity confirmed to be putting on their dance shoes is...

SIVA KANESWARAN

Kaneswaran, 25, is best known as a member of boyband The Wanted. The band scored ten top ten hits and have two platinum albums under their belt. The group went on a hiatus earlier this year to pursue solo projects.

Siva told The Sun after his reveal, "it will be a big challenge but I'm looking forward to it. All the boys are supporting me, so hopefully they can help me get through it!"
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The full celebrity line up will be revealed from 7.30pm tonight.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is everyone ready for the line up reveal?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    These three celebrities have already been confirmed for the upcoming series of Strictly Come Dancing...

KATE FORD

CHARLIE STAYT

SIVA KANESWARAN

But who will be joining them? Find out over the next half hour...

Clue (Celebrity #5): What price would he value his Strictly experience at?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The next two celebrities joining Kate, Charlie and Siva on the dancefloor will be...

FEARNE COTTON

TIM WONNACOTT

Radio and TV presenter Fearne, 32, told the BBC, “I’m looking forward to the challenge of it. Learning a new skill certainly isn’t easy, but doing it in front of millions of people must be harder!” Meanwhile, antiques expert and television presenter Tim, 61, said, “I don’t expect to be very good. All I want to do is improve, and hopefully not be out first!”

Clue (Celebrity #7): Will she be letting loose on the dancefloor?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Also taking part in the new series of Strictly are...

BORIS BECKER

JANE MOORE

Tennis ace Boris, 45, told the BBC about his nerves, saying “I’m not looking forward to it at all! I know I’m going to be useless and will definitely humiliate myself!” Meanwhile, Loose Women panellist and journalist Jane looked at the experience from her children’s point of view, saying “I don’t mind if I embarrass my children at all. That’s the aim of being a parent!”

Clue (Celebrity #8): Will her dancing be a form of art?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The next three celebrities to take to the dancefloor will be...

TRACEY EMIN

FAIZON LOVE

MEL GIEDROYC

Artist Tracey, 51, spoke about her concerns, telling the BBC, “I’m worried I’m going to look like a mess. I’m not known for being the most relaxed of people!” Actor Faizon, 46, known for his role in Elf, seemed quietly confident, explaining “people won’t expect me to do well. But I’m hoping I can prove them wrong and bust a few moves.” But television presenter Mel, 46, seemed oblivious to it all, saying “I’m not quite sure what I’ve signed up for yet. Hopefully it isn’t too much work!”

Clue (Celebrity #11): Will he hit a home run on the dancefloor?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Strutting their stuff in the new series will be...

ANDREW FLINTOFF

JULIE DAWN COLE

Cricketer Andrew, 36, told the BBC, “I’m absolutely terrified. I can’t stand the thought of having to dance in front of so many people. Hopefully I’ll get over these nerves.” Meanwhile former child actress Julie, 56, known for starring in Willy Wonka & The Chocolate Factory, seemed more confident, saying “I’m very excited to get dancing. I can’t wait to find out who my partner is!”

Clue (Celebrity #13): Will she see life in a beautiful light after her Strictly experience?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The final two celebrities taking to the dancefloor are...

AMY MACDONALD

SAM STRIKE

Singer Amy, 26, was unsure of her feelings, telling the BBC “I’m naturally quite shy so I have no idea how I’ll cope with the pressure. I hope I find some new confidence soon!” Meanwhile, EastEnders actor Sam, 20, said “it’s going to be a lot of fun. I can’t wait for it to begin!”

And now that the full celebrity line up has been revealed, I hope you enjoy the series and I hope you will be able to join me tomorrow at 5.00pm for the launch show, where each celebrity will find out their dance partner!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    • Amy Macdonald, 26, Singer
    • Andrew Flintoff, 36, Cricket Player
    • Boris Becker, 46, Tennis Player
    • Charlie Stayt, 52, Newsreader
    • Faizon Love, 46, Actor & Comedian
    • Fearne Cotton, 32, Television & Radio Presenter
    • Jane Moore, 52, Journalist & Loose Women Panellist
    • Julie Dawn Cole, 56, Actress
    • Kate Ford, 36, Coronation Street Actress
    • Mel Giedroyc, 46, Comedienne & Presenter
    • Sam Strike, 20, EastEnders Actor
    • Siva Kaneswaran, 25, The Wanted Singer
    • Tim Wonnacott, 61, Auctioneer & Antiques Expert
    • Tracey Emin, 51, Artist
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's launch show day :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pre Launch Show - Favourite Celebrity Poll
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    @TheBorisBecker

"Who else is ready for Strictly to begin? Not long now, I can't wait!!"

@Amy__Macdonald

"Ahhh! Half an hour until launch show, big night tonight! #SCD"

@SamStrike

"So excited to find out who my partner is! Send me your predictions!! #SCDSam"
  • StigOfTheKrumpStigOfTheKrump Posts: 36,363
    Forum Member
    Very good line-up. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Very good line-up. :)

Thanks Luke, hope you enjoy the series :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Almost launch show time!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hello and welcome to the launch show of the new series of Strictly Come Dancing!

Opening the show this evening, please welcome our professional dancers dancing a summery Salsa to I Got U by Duke Dumont!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Now it's time to meet our first four female celebrities - Amy Macdonald, Mel Giedroyc, Jane Moore and Kate Ford!

Amy Macdonald “Hi, I’m Amy Macdonald and I’m a singer. I’m probably most famous for singing This Is The Life, which went to number one in six countries. I have no idea how I’ll do on Strictly, hopefully I’ll be okay and not the first one out!”

Mel Giedroyc “Hello I’m Mel Giedroyc. You may recognise me as one of the presenters of The Great British Bake Off with Sue Perkins. I’m also a comedienne. I’m not really looking forward to the Saturday nights but the learning part will sure be fun!”

Jane Moore “Hey I’m Jane and I’m probably best known for appearing on the ITV lunchtime show Loose Women, and being a columnist for The Sun. I amn’t nervous at all for Strictly. I believe you shouldn’t care what people think of you so I’m just going to have fun and enjoy myself!”

Kate Ford “Hi, I’m Kate Ford and I’m an actress. I’ve played Tracy Barlow in Coronation Street for over ten years now. She isn’t a very nice person, so I just hope people at home can separate my dancing from Tracy’s personality!”

Now it's time for these fabulous four females to meet their magnificent men.

Amy, you will be making sweet music with... KEVIN CLIFTON!

Mel, you'll be baking up a storm with... ROBIN WINDSOR!

Jane, you'll be getting loose with... IAN WAITE!

And Kate, you're dance partner is... JAMES JORDAN!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Now it's time for our first musical performance.

It's been over two years since she was a contestant on The X Factor, but she's back and with a number one single already under her belt. Singing her hit Ghost, please welcome Ella Henderson!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Now it's time to meet our first male celebrities - Andrew Flintoff, Boris Becker and Sam Strike!

Andrew Flintoff “Hi, I’m Andrew Flintoff and I’m a cricket player. I retired from cricket in 2009, but this year I’ve returned to play T20 cricket for Lancashire. I am probably the most uncoordinated person you’d ever meet, so I’m pretty sure I don’t stand a chance on Strictly.”

Boris Becker “Hello, I’m Boris Becker and I am a tennis player. I was world number one during 1991. I’m up for a bit of fun and a good challenge, so I am looking forward to Strictly. I’d just like to know why there’s an underlying sense of fear!”

Sam Strike “Hi I’m Sam Strike and I’m best known for playing Johnny Carter in EastEnders, and also Dan Morgan in M.I. High. It’s going to be hard being the youngest on the show, but I’m so excited to get my dancing shoes on!”

Now it's time for our first three male celebrities to find out who they will be dancing with.

Andrew, you'll be hitting a great shot with... NATALIE LOWE!

Boris, you'll be hoping for number one with... KATYA VIRSHILAS!

And Sam, you'll be having a good time with... OLA JORDAN!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Now we have a special treat.

Back for one last dance, it's the winners of series two - Lisa Kudrow and Brendan Cole dancing their fantastic Jive to the Friends theme tune, I'll Be There For You!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Now it's time to meet our next fab females - Fearne Cotton, Tracey Emin and Julie Dawn Cole!

Fearne Cotton
    “Hey I’m Fearne Cotton and I’m a presenter at BBC Radio 1. I’m also known for being a team captain on Celebrity Juice. I’m so excited for Strictly. It seems like so much fun, getting all glammed up every Saturday. Hopefully it’s as easy as that!”

Tracey Emin “Hello I’m Tracey Emin and I am an artist. My best known piece of work is probably My Bed. I’m not looking forward to training because I’m not very good at being told to do. If I’m put with someone mean then I’ll definitely put them in their place.”

Julie Dawn Cole “Hi, I’m Julie Dawn Cole and I’m a former child actress best known for starring in Willy Wonka & The Chocolate Factory in 1971. I’m not often in the limelight so this is all a bit out of the blue, but I can’t wait for the show to start as I’m such a big fan!”

Now it's time for our glamorous girls to meet the man of their dreams.

Fearne, you'll be presenting your skills with... PASHA KOVALEV!

Tracey, you'll be making great artwork with... BRENDAN COLE!

So that means Julie, you're dance partner is... VINCENT SIMONE!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Now it's time for another musical guest.

Just this year they've scored two top ten hits and the biggest selling album of the year so far. Singing one of those top ten hits - A Sky Full Of Stars - please give it up for the fantastic Coldplay!