Options

Why doesn't Lorraine like Fatima?

When asked who she was friends with in the bush hut, she basically listed everyone in her team except Fatima.....do you think they are just too different?

Both of them seem to swing from polar opposite sides of their personalities, sometimes I can really empathise with them, then 2 seconds later they blow it

Comments

• Options
    squadgesquadge Posts: 1,575
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    she probably doesn't like fatima because as moody as they both can be, Fatima just gets on with things and doesn't get talk to teddy bears..Also, one gets the impression that Fatima is real (no one can be that erratic and not trip up if faking it). Lorraine is playing her 'nice' role to much. You just get the impression that she just really isn't quite that nice in real life (I may be wrong but if she is...i'd go stir crazy around her).
  • Options
    Hobbes1966Hobbes1966 Posts: 5,371
    Forum Member
    I do think it is because their personalities are so different. Fatima is a sports woman, very focused, competitive and strong whereas Lorraine is sensitive, unsure and quiet. I like them both.
  • Options
    DLS1DLS1 Posts: 2,319
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Antony has made a point of not being friends with Fatima. Lorraine's canny enough to have worked out that an ITV soap "star" will do well on this show, and as such, has cultuvated a friendship with Antony. It's as cynical as that.
  • Options
    yorkie11yorkie11 Posts: 556
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    squadge wrote: »
    she probably doesn't like fatima because as moody as they both can be, Fatima just gets on with things and doesn't get talk to teddy bears..Also, one gets the impression that Fatima is real (no one can be that erratic and not trip up if faking it). Lorraine is playing her 'nice' role to much. You just get the impression that she just really isn't quite that nice in real life (I may be wrong but if she is...i'd go stir crazy around her).

Agree. I'm a bit unsure about her 'niceness'. She's actually quite confrontational with Fatima. Her siding with Anthony is annoying as well.

They are polar opposites, Fatima is down to earth whereas Lorraine is a bit fussy. I prefer Fatima.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 415
    Forum Member
    Nobody knows much about anyones true personallity until you have lived with them.
    Thats why we are seeing sides to people that we never thought were there before, because all we've ever seen of them has been scripted or during an interview or during a 1 hour reality show when most people are on their best behaviour.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    yorkie11 wrote: »

They are polar opposites, Fatima is down to earth whereas Lorraine is a bit fussy. I prefer Fatima.

I would think that is probably the basic cause but Lorraine did snap at Fatima in the early days. Maybe more was said by Faitma that wasn't shown - who knows.

I also prefer Fatima. Lorraine would drive me nuts, especially the teddy bear thing - I just don't get that at all.
  • Options
    Scarlett BerryScarlett Berry Posts: 21,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't like either of them.
  • Options
    CranberryappleCranberryapple Posts: 12,723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Probably because AC doesn't like her.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,046
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lorraine has always hated the movie Rambo, so ....
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lorraine would drive me nuts, especially the teddy bear thing - I just don't get that at all.
    To paraphrase Harry Hill, you've gotta have a gimmick. ;)
  • Options
    Lordy LordyLordy Lordy Posts: 1,683
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To paraphrase Harry Hill, you've gotta have a gimmick. ;)

No, not quite right.

To paraphrase Harry Hill "I dislike Lorraine and I dislike Fatima but which one do I dislike the most? There's only one way to find out.......FIGHT"
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

OMG you are so naughty:D tee hee hee
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No, not quite right.

To paraphrase Harry Hill "I dislike Lorraine and I dislike Fatima but which one do I dislike the most? There's only one way to find out.......FIGHT"
    :D:D:D
  • Options
    *Laura**Laura* Posts: 45,152
    Forum Member
    We can't like everyone so I don't really have a problem with Lorraine appearing to dislike Fatima. Where she has gone down in my estimation is the way she seems to join in when Antony starts on Fatima. She should really do what she said she was going to do during the first argument and that is to just leave them to it.
  • Options
    UnrealityTVUnrealityTV Posts: 1,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Lorraine: "I've got the face most like a slapped arse round here."
    Fatime: "No, I'VE got the face most like a slapped arse."
    Lorraine: "No, I'VE got..."

etc etc...
  • Options
    Hello.Hello. Posts: 1,894
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    From memory, Fatima had a go at her about something the other day and Lorraine has never looked at her in the same way since.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,447
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Antony upset Lorraine the other day on the way back from doing the memory test beat the bugs game but she hasn't taken a dislike to him for it. Sadly Lorraine's letting herself down every time she goes at Fatima whilst siding with rotten Cotton
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OhDamm wrote: »
    Antony upset Lorraine the other day on the way back from doing the memory test beat the bugs game but she hasn't taken a dislike to him for it. Sadly Lorraine's letting herself down every time she goes at Fatima whilst siding with rotten Cotton

Lovely ring to that:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lorraine: "I've got the face most like a slapped arse round here."
    Fatime: "No, I'VE got the face most like a slapped arse."
    Lorraine: "No, I'VE got..."

etc etc...
    But only one of them has the face of a well slapped hairy arse .....
  • Options
    Reality SucksReality Sucks Posts: 28,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DLS1 wrote: »
    Antony has made a point of not being friends with Fatima. Lorraine's canny enough to have worked out that an ITV soap "star" will do well on this show, and as such, has cultuvated a friendship with Antony. It's as cynical as that.

Or maybe it's just that you are ;):p
  • Options
    Reality SucksReality Sucks Posts: 28,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    squadge wrote: »

Given the chance Fatima would be organizing everyone. Unfortunately she got on the wrong side of people over the business with Mark and the gameshow and hasn't really been able to reestablish herself as an authority figure in the camp.

I feel a bit sorry for her. Anthony Cotton is the biggest control freak in there - even Stephanie Powers has taken a step back and just let him get on with it. It's not surprising that AC gets on well with Lorraine - she's non threatening and he can act like the supportive friend because she's not challenging his position. They are both luvvies too. Not that I dislike lorraine, I don't , but I doubt she would have a lot in common with Fatima.
  • Options
    dekafdekaf Posts: 8,398
    Forum Member
    yorkie11 wrote: »
    Agree. I'm a bit unsure about her 'niceness'. She's actually quite confrontational with Fatima. Her siding with Anthony is annoying as well.

I think she's after a job in Corrie!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,539
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think both Fatima and Anthony are both quite capable people, and Lorraine is more the type that wants and needs looking after. I think Antony is prepared to look after her a bit, but Fatima isn't. I think Fatima is more someone that would encourage you to stand on your own feet a bit and try and help you to feel a bit more empowered, regardless of whether you wanted that or not.