Options

C.S Tony or Frank?

OhWhenTheSaintsOhWhenTheSaints Posts: 12,531
Forum Member
✭✭
Who do you perfer? Such a hard choice...

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 238
    Forum Member
    They were both brilliant but I think Tony for me, although we still have a week left for Frank to out do him. Frank makes the best evil & devious character but Tony makes the best crazy & insane one. I loved Tony's last scenes, especially when he broke into Sunita's house expecting Maria to be there and she starts talking about the mad man that used to live there, genius :p
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Frank is a great bad guy but I adored Tony.

He was so charming and charismatic and I couldn't really help liking him even though I knew he was an evil psychopath.

He wasn't exactly hard on the eye either :p

I've often wondered how Tony would react towards Frank if he was still around today. He was so obsessed with Carla he was willing to kill them both so they could be together and he often stated he'd never harm a hair on her head so to find out another man had raped her ... I wonder what he'd have done.
  • Options
    dickronsondickronson Posts: 2,504
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    XDarkEyesX wrote: »
    I've often wondered how Tony would react towards Frank if he was still around today. He was so obsessed with Carla he was willing to kill them both so they could be together and he often stated he'd never harm a hair on her head so to find out another man had raped her ... I wonder what he'd have done.

Tony loathed Carla by the time he left? As for never harming a hair on her head....he tied her up and was going to kill her?!

He probably would've shaken Franks hand!
  • Options
    Eden11Eden11 Posts: 373
    Forum Member
    XDarkEyesX wrote: »
    Frank is a great bad guy but I adored Tony.

He was so charming and charismatic and I couldn't really help liking him even though I knew he was an evil psychopath.

He wasn't exactly hard on the eye either :p

Odd that I was talking with someone about what would happen if Frank and Tony ever met elsewhere a week or so ago. Both are quite similar with being control freaks who can not love properly but I think Tony was closer to normal than Frank. Tony's crimes sent him crazy (he seemed to feel guilt) and the whole storyline was brilliant but very soap and not realistic compared to Frank who is very chilling in such a realistic way. Both are very entertaining characters.

I do think if Tony was alive and ever knew what Frank did to Carla he'd kill him without hesitation. Tony was always obsessed with Carla. He'd kill for her and when he wanted to die he wanted her with him. While Maria was his attempt of redemption (and really creepy to watch as he took over Liam's place) it was Carla that really got under his skin and I think he felt was the same as him. He'd hate another man being that controlling over her and I think he would be disgusted by rape anyway.
  • Options
    2shy20072shy2007 Posts: 52,579
    Forum Member
    I too adored Tony, one of my fave characters ever, such a shame they killed him off.
  • Options
    DaZ_yUv_XDaZ_yUv_X Posts: 1,684
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    frank.

he's way more dark, complex, and interesting than tony could ever be.

although incredibly sexy, tony was far too ott and panto for me.
  • Options
    barlowconnorbarlowconnor Posts: 38,120
    Forum Member
    I honestly like both of them it's too hard to pick.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 391
    Forum Member
    I really did like Tony before he murdered Liam anyway.
  • Options
    katiemackkatiemack Posts: 7,837
    Forum Member
    Tony for me although I hated him for having the lovely Liam killed he was a brilliant character!

I remember actually feeling sorry for him when he was in the factory and he asked to see pictures of baby Liam on Maria's phone and he said do you still have the one of me and him at the zoo (or something like that) and how sad he looked when he realised that of course she'd deleted them. But he did really love Maria though and I thought they made a better couple than Tony and Carla did!

I do like Frank but Tony was brill and as already been said very easy on the eye! :)
  • Options
    rayofsunshinerayofsunshine Posts: 5,310
    Forum Member
    Even at the end, Tony still loved Carla and was obsessed with her - she drove him crazy. I prefer Tony as I loved his passion, his accent and he was gorgeous. He was also remorseful, and yea, more human than Frank, he had too much emotion as opposed to Frank's too little.

And the charisma of Tony and the chemistry between him and Carla was electric. Their scenes were on fire!
  • Options
    PacinoFanPacinoFan Posts: 3,902
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ooooooooooooooooooh, Tony. No, Frank. No. Tony,. Yes Tony. No, Frank.

Tony. Yes Tony. His chilling line "husband, father, roadkill" wins it for me.

So, in conclusion, Tony................................................................................................... or Frank
  • Options
    CreamteaCreamtea Posts: 14,682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tony for me.
  • Options
    big danbig dan Posts: 7,878
    Forum Member
    Definitely Tony. Frank had potential, I was hoping his villainy would revolve primarily around the rape and he wouldn't just become a stereotypical soap antagonist, but I think he has turned out more panto than Tony ever was. At least Tony's actions were mostly part of one long-term developing storyline with consistent motivations.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Eden11 wrote: »
    Odd that I was talking with someone about what would happen if Frank and Tony ever met elsewhere a week or so ago. Both are quite similar with being control freaks who can not love properly but I think Tony was closer to normal than Frank. Tony's crimes sent him crazy (he seemed to feel guilt) and the whole storyline was brilliant but very soap and not realistic compared to Frank who is very chilling in such a realistic way. Both are very entertaining characters.

I do think if Tony was alive and ever knew what Frank did to Carla he'd kill him without hesitation. Tony was always obsessed with Carla. He'd kill for her and when he wanted to die he wanted her with him. While Maria was his attempt of redemption (and really creepy to watch as he took over Liam's place) it was Carla that really got under his skin and I think he felt was the same as him. He'd hate another man being that controlling over her and I think he would be disgusted by rape anyway.

lol great minds :D

I pretty much agree with everything you said. Tony was a bit of a psycho but I don't think he would stoop as low as rape and if he ever found out another man had hurt her that way he'd be after them like a shot.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Defintely prefer Tony he's far more charismatic and showed a range of emotions at some times I felt sorry for him, haven't ever felt that for Frank. I think Tony had mental issues, although he did kill Liam in cold blood in his mind I think it was less about making him suffer and more about getting him out of the way so Carla wouldn't leave him. He did show guilt and then tried to be normal with Maria but by the end he went crazy. Frank seems more obsessive in some ways even though raping Carla for calling off the wedding/ being in love with Peter is bad enough he still wants to make her suffer. Both characters are control freaks in different ways, Carla sure knows how to pick em.
  • Options
    smashboxsmashbox Posts: 4,049
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dickronson wrote: »
    Tony loathed Carla by the time he left? As for never harming a hair on her head....he tied her up and was going to kill her?!

He probably would've shaken Franks hand!

Lol He sure did hate her.

To answear o/p's question I preffered Tony.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,542
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tony Gordon 100%
  • Options
    missyaliciamissyalicia Posts: 2,068
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tony for sure. Frank isn't likeable or charismatic at all.
  • Options
    AndreaMCAndreaMC Posts: 3,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Theres no contest, Tony Gordon was head and shoulders above Frank in the personality, charisma and charm stakes. You just know Tony would have calmly unleashed his razor wit on Frank and sent him scurrying to the latest wine bar for cover. Tony might have been mean but he was manly and theres no danger of anyone accusing Frank of that. The actor who plays him does not have the confidence in himself to make the character believable and seems more like the mowing the lawn, washing car at the weekend type than a dangerous villain. I thought Tony was the best foil for Carla there's been. He was strong enough in himself to be assertive with her and chauvinistic enough to keep her more level headed and controlled. I found this very sexy tbh and do not know why they didnt try to hold on to him harder. I would have!
  • Options
    LuxrayLuxray Posts: 13,963
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tony Gordon was a better villain but I somehow prefer Frank for some reason.