Do you have nicknames for people you don't know but see all the time?

gem2626gem2626 Posts: 406
Forum Member
1, Dave- The girl in tesco's who's super manly

2, Mehmet- several people at the resort we went to in Turkey were called Mehmet so in the end everyone became Mehmet. Security Mehmet, bar Mehmet, pool Mehmet and for the people that were actually called Mehmet they were Mehmet Mehmet.

Comments

• jojo01jojo01 Posts: 12,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mrs Can't Be Arsed: a lady on the train who used to get off at the same stop as me. When going up the stairs at the final station, she walked up them so slowly that I thought she couldn't be arsed to walk!

Mr Shuffles: a bloke on my train who gets off at the same station as I do now. He sort of runs/shuffles past me for some reason. He's a rude bastard though as sometimes he'll barge into me when there's plenty of room on his other side. On those occasions or when I'm in a bad mood, his nickname is Mr C***face! :D

Mrs Pointynose. A woman i see on the bus sometimes who has, erm, a pointy nose.
  • potatolegspotatolegs Posts: 5,099
    Forum Member
    This thread is going to be brilliant!!

Biffa Boy - man who I used to see every morning when I was going to work and every lunch time, and I knew if I was late by how far he had got down the hill (walking).. He was most punctual.. He was called Biffa Boy as he worked at Biffa and had a uniform on.
  • gem2626gem2626 Posts: 406
    Forum Member
    jojo01 wrote: »
    Mrs Can't Be Arsed: a lady on the train who used to get off at the same stop as me. When going up the stairs at the final station, she walked up them so slowly that I thought she couldn't be arsed to walk!

Mr Shuffles: a bloke on my train who gets off at the same station as I do now. He sort of runs/shuffles past me for some reason. He's a rude bastard though as sometimes he'll barge into me when there's plenty of room on his other side. On those occasions or when I'm in a bad mood, his nickname is Mr C***face! :D

Mrs Pointynose. A woman i see on the bus sometimes who has, erm, a pointy nose.

People on public transport are the best! There was a guy I called Germ because he was German and he'd never put his hand over his mouth when he coughed. I avoided Germ best I could :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A lady that I refer to as Big Fat Sue ala Gavin and Stacey. Lost part of its humor when it transpired her name was actually Sue :o.

There was a bespectacled man with a mustache around our neighbourhood so of course we imaginatively called him "Ned Flanders". Mine are quite boring actually, sorry about that!
  • jojo01jojo01 Posts: 12,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They made me chuckle Neb!
    Forum Member
    Gale- the Irish traveller on the train who's other half used to address her as girl but it sounded like Gale. To this day If I say/do something remotely chavvy My friend will say 'alright Gale'.
  • tellywatcher73tellywatcher73 Posts: 4,181
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hopalong and his girlfriend the go go dancer. He's got one leg and she used to be an exotic dancer.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,787
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Punxsutawney Phil or Groundhog. I did know him but could never remember his name. He looked a bit like the groundhog though.

Kangaroo man. Some guy who over summer kept parking his van outside my house while he was presumably shagging someone a few doors away. His van Had some company logo on it like Kangaroo Removals or something.
  • 2shy20072shy2007 Posts: 52,579
    Forum Member
    Neighbours who we have never talked to, the baby maker, Ginger spice,the pikie bikies,......a 'parent' at the school we call inapropriate stepdad,as he always makes such an over the top fuss of his girlfriends kids,........ another parent we call'Luigi' because he looks just like Luigi,lol ........a girl at the co op we call 'slo mo' as time sems to stand still when she serves us at half a normal humans speed.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 165
    Forum Member
    There's snotty lady, who takes her kid dancing and there's always something that isn't good enough for her...the table is dirty, the door is locked (no you idiot it's SHUT) or its too cold. Ffs!

There's some nice ones too though, the Guitar Dudes are fun and the Nannas remind me of my Grandma! :)
  • Ollie_h19Ollie_h19 Posts: 8,548
    Forum Member
    Ozzy- the permanently pissed-looking woman in the flat next door.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 62
    Forum Member
    gem2626 wrote: »
    1, Dave- The girl in tesco's who's super manly
    LMFAO!

Speedy- a man on my old council estate that used to take about 20mins to walk 5steps.....found out he'd been in a car accident a while back.

Im going to hell and am well aware of it..
    Forum Member
    2shy2007 wrote: »
    Neighbours who we have never talked to, the baby maker, Ginger spice,the pikie bikies,......a 'parent' at the school we call inapropriate stepdad,as he always makes such an over the top fuss of his girlfriends kids,........ another parent we call'Luigi' because he looks just like Luigi,lol ........a girl at the co op we call 'slo mo' as time sems to stand still when she serves us at half a normal humans speed.

I have a mario! The guy who works in the chip shop lol
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 686
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    there are three people in our area not the most pleasant people with the same name so we distinguish them as
    skank, crank and tramp but even then can still get confused on who we are talking about as they all the same
  • ElanorElanor Posts: 13,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When my friend used to come to dancing with me (I go on my own now, so there's less chatting) we had names for all the men who we danced with regularly but whose names we didn't know. There was Little Angry Man who was quite small and intense (I don't think he was angry at all, he just looked it) and his friend, Flemish Renaissance Painter (he had a little goatee beard and used to stand with one hand behind his back and the other out to the side like... a painter? I can't remember where the name came from now... ) and Captain von Trapp who was very tall and Germanic looking and looked like he belonged in uniform (I found out later he is a traffic cop), and Snakehips (because he was wiggly) and Mr Whippy (he managed to wrestle your arms behind your back very uncomfortably...) Ah, happy days! I hardly ever see any of them now.
  • Mer~maidMer~maid Posts: 241
    Forum Member
    Haha, we do that all the time, a previous neighbour was Kevin the gerbil, because of his gerbil like cheeks. Slowboat to China, the checkout operator we avoid if possible because he takes forever to scan the groceries. Horace & Doris, those middle aged couples we always seem to meet on holiday. The plastic men from Burtons.... Two guys who used to drink in the same bar as us when me and my girlfriends were out, they totally loved themselves.
  • 2shy20072shy2007 Posts: 52,579
    Forum Member
    gem2626 wrote: »
    I have a mario! The guy who works in the chip shop lol

LOL ! when we pull out of the car park at the school and he is driving in front of us, we tell the children to dodge the banana skins :o
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh remembered another one - one of our local PCSO's who we've nicknamed Officer Barbrady. The man is so dumb, it amazes me he can actually get himself dressed in the mornings not to talk about doing minor police work. Plus I obviously watch far too much tv :o.
  • sutiesutie Posts: 32,645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Happy Days - The most miserable woman in the world who works at our local Post Office. Looks a bit like this :( all the time.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 29,701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stoner: there's a guy who gets stoned around the corner from McDonalds; he's there pretty much every time I go.

John: a guy I see on the way to work every morning, he takes the train the same time I do

Bitchface: a rude waitress at a restaurant I normally visit.
  • PrincessEssexPrincessEssex Posts: 1,414
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fagash Lil - old lady who lives near my Mum. I have never seen her not smoking!!
    Forum Member
    Aaaaaaaaaahhhhhh these are cracking me up :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    Hamsterface..the girl next door :D
    Forum Member
    Me and my flat mate called our old next door neighbour crazy duck lady. She was obsessed with ducks. She had them all outside her door. We hid one once and then put it back a week later with sunglasses, a hat and a postcard to make it look like it'd gone on holiday. Was so funny. She never suspected us we were the sweet girls that lived next door ;)
    Forum Member
    Orangemaid wrote: »
    Hamsterface..the girl next door :D

My next door neighbour is troll face. Horrible, horrible woman.