Thoughts on EEs Annie Palmer

Luner13Luner13 Posts: 2,968
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Given that Nadia Sawalha is my most fave Celebrity BB fave right now it made me think about the character that launched her career Annie. She was in the show between May 1997 & June 1999

Did you like her? would you want to see a return?

Comments

• NoughtiesMusicNoughtiesMusic Posts: 15,914
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I really liked Annie, a strong female character. Would be nice to see Nadia returning, but she'd need a reason to come back after 15 or 16 years absent. Would her dad George join her as well? Would she still be involved in the same line of work as she was in Walford?

For years she made a career on daytime TV. She presented a lot of those shows where she helps couples/families find homes in sunny destinations. Wonder if DTC would ever reintroduce a character from the Jane Harris era.
  • Luner13Luner13 Posts: 2,968
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really liked Annie, a strong female character. Would be nice to see Nadia returning, but she'd need a reason to come back after 15 or 16 years absent.

For years she made a career on daytime TV. She presented a lot of those shows where she helps couples/families find homes in sunny destinations.

Yes she was a very strong character I loved her gangster attitude lol

I remember the storyline where she got beat up by a gang of villains and we finally got to see Annie's vulnerable side. Nadia played her so flawlessly.

She still has ties to the show as she shared a lot of storylines with Phil and Ian.
  • 0...00...0 Posts: 21,111
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I remember the character but I don't remember her doing anything memorable.
  • iMatt_101iMatt_101 Posts: 7,081
    Forum Member
    Luner13 wrote: »
    Given that Nadia Sawalha is my most fave Celebrity BB fave right now it made me think about the character that launched her career Annie. She was in the show between May 1997 & June 1999

Did you like her? would you want to see a return?
    Bloody annoying actress that's for sure
    Her and Perez are ruining CBB

And her character is totally irrelevant in EE history, so that says a lot
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    iMatt_101 wrote: »
    Bloody annoying actress that's for sure
    Her and Perez are ruining CBB

And her character is totally irrelevant in EE history, so that says a lot

I whole heartedly disagree for me they are making the show but this is not about them its about Nadia's portrayal of Annie.
    Forum Member
    I whole heartedly disagree for me they are making the show but this is not about them its about Nadia's portrayal of Annie.
    There's only so much more I can take of Nadia's ramblings
    Her obsession with Katie Hopkins is laughable

As for Annie? No one cares about her, I didn't even know the character existed until Nadia came on CBB
    What's to discuss?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

As for Annie? No one cares about her, I didn't even know the character existed until Nadia came on CBB
    What's to discuss?

Did you actually watch the show when Annie was a regular? if not your opinion is pointless.
    Forum Member
    Did you actually watch the show when Annie was a regular? if not your opinion is pointless.
    No, but I've heard of most of the 90's characters, and given how little she is discussed these days and how most people on here don't even remember her, it kind of says a lot doesn't it?
  • Dr K NoisewaterDr K Noisewater Posts: 11,573
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I loved Annie she could definitely return, she could buy the R&R or return as Walfords new Mayor/local councillor or something she always fancied herself as a big shot in the local community. She has strong connections to Ian and Phil as well i'm sure both would be pleased to see her. She was almost Phil's stepsister (her dad was engaged to Peggy for quite a few years) and I believe they also had a fling at one point as well. Ian would also welcome Annie back with open arms it was thanks to Annie that he got his kids back in 1997. Annie got her criminal associates in prison to apply pressure on Cindy's hitman to confess her involvement to the police which led to Cindy's arrest and Ian getting custody of the kids.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I loved Annie she could definitely return, she could buy the R&R or return as Walfords new Mayor/local councillor or something she always fancied herself as a big shot in the local community. She has strong connections to Ian and Phil as well i'm sure both would be pleased to see her. She was almost Phil's stepsister (her dad was engaged to Peggy for quite a few years) and I believe they also had a fling at one point as well. Ian would also welcome Annie back with open arms it was thanks to Annie that he got his kids back in 1997. Annie got her criminal associates in prison to apply pressure on Cindy's hitman to confess her involvement to the police which led to Cindy's arrest and Ian getting custody of the kids.

Oh I loved that storyline :)

I love Annie's face in the background here during Cindys dramatic return :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t4_O5a4MqCw
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    i remember her, but forgot her Haha, was she George's daughter..Nadia Swahila is on Loose Women
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Orangemaid wrote: »
    i remember her, but forgot her Haha, was she George's daughter..Nadia Swahila is on Loose Women

Yes she was. I loved Annie & George's relationship she constantly wanted to prove she could be like the son he wished he'd had.
  • srhgtssrhgts Posts: 8,939
    Forum Member
    I don't remember that much of what happened as I was 12 when she was in it, but I recall liking Annie.
  • StykerStyker Posts: 49,780
    Forum Member
    I didn't like the character, she hid behind her gangster dad George Palmer's reputation and used that a lot. I think she was challenged by other criminal gangs and had to resort to use Phil and this Irish guy/character in the square at the time to help her in general.

I think Nadia played the part well though.
  • Kestrel1992Kestrel1992 Posts: 990
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I actually had a dream the other night where Annie returned and was talking to Ian on the market! It must be because of Nadia being in Big Brother. In my dream Nadia had decided to return to play the role but quit again after about six months.

I can actually remember the character quite vividly considering I was only about six and a half years old when she first appeared but I remember my parents not liking her and saying she was smarmy, etc.

I also remember that scene with Cindy in the Vic like it was yesterday!
  • jimbo23jimbo23 Posts: 1,509
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bring back Annie Palmer
  • jimbo23jimbo23 Posts: 1,509
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Note everyone had to have a dramatic reason for returning to an area they used to
    II've, she could just see the club up for sale, have the money and go for it
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    0...0 wrote: »
    I remember the character but I don't remember her doing anything memorable.

me too, just remember her curly wayward hair :D
    Forum Member
    jimbo23 wrote: »
    Bring back Annie Palmer
    Please don't
  • Pink_SmurfPink_Smurf Posts: 6,883
    Forum Member

What's to discuss
    ?

I disagree. You probably never heard of her because you're only 17. I would love to see her back and for her to have an affair with Phil and clash with Ronnie. She was a great character back in the day.
  • danyelldanyell Posts: 10,871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's like she never existed though. I mean have we heard Phil or Ian reminisce about Annie since she left? I think not. You would think Phil would remember her well as he seemed to really love her at the time. Annie bossed him around something rotten though. But he seemed to enjoy it! Lol
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    I was a kid when she was in it so my memory is foggy, but wasn't she bumping uglies with Gianni Di Marco, but they turned out to be half siblings? :o
  • danyelldanyell Posts: 10,871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was a kid when she was in it so my memory is foggy, but wasn't she bumping uglies with Gianni Di Marco, but they turned out to be half siblings? :o

That turned out not to be true in the end, but they still split up because of it which I thought was weird. I mean if they weren't half siblings after all then why not get back together?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    danyell wrote: »
    That turned out not to be true in the end, but they still split up because of it which I thought was weird.

I remember him being with Steve Owens crazy sister too, ahh 90s Eastenders :D
  • 0...00...0 Posts: 21,111
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I remember him being with Steve Owens crazy sister too, ahh 90s Eastenders :D

Battering her bloke because she had extreme PMT!!! :D