Options

Madonna Appreciation Thread (Part 8)

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Brazil WOrl Cup?? interesting if true...i mean it would be great if she did have a massive launch for the lead single and eprformed at an event where the WORLD is watching as opposed to just the USA only...the only way is bigger and bigger <3 plus fitting with what she posted beginning of the year.

Half way through the year BOOM why not? lets see if it is true...would be great to have some song releases in the summer especially if the album is closer to completion.

So what do we think thus far, the lyrics being posted sound inspiring....i love the titles posted thus far Rebel Heart, Holy Water, Body Work, From the Inside Out :) Fantastic use of Instagram :)

when is that Voue issue meant to be out, she has posted many outtakes from italready...i presume it will be next month? and maybe will have further teases for the new album and lead song maybe...heres to it!

And personally i loved ildand it felt anthemic and i just wished it was a longer song as i felt like mid way it was finding its feet and then it rounded off and finished sadly.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Okay so like...the world has overreacted at something taken out of context that she did last minute for Buzzfeed.

Erm....so all the "Madonnas irrelevant" "old" "hasbeen" etc etc.....this is Buzzfeed.....and something SMALL and insignificant and a bit of fun....all ican is LOL at the world sometimes.

I mean 33 years of a legacy in tact and people are trying to rip her a new one by what she said about Kale being "gay"...it was a mere joke and was humorous...like what she said about Jell-O and Tennis and Putin and posted by Buzzfeed last minute due to her time there last week.

CRAZY! but just shows...only Madonna ;)
  • Options
    Pele-thefiregoddessPele-thefiregoddess Posts: 6,172
    Forum Member
    I have to say ... that the GAY word was very difficult to digest - but I don't know the context other than media interpretation - I'm hoping that she does offer some kind of clarification. I am hoping that she did mean GAY in terms of positivity but the Putin reference suggests otherwise? I think this sounds very ill-judged ...I am just hoping that her intentions were to reduce the negativity of the word GAY and use it in many different connotations...maybe she needs to release a video of something to this ilk to support this.... it all feels slightly uncomfortable... we all know that she is not homophobic..so what are her intentions?
  • Options
    Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    TBH its a storm in a tea cup and anyone who thinks Madonna has even one homophobic bone in her body just has no idea. Just another example of people getting offended over nothing.
  • Options
    babeloguebabelogue Posts: 1,008
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have to say ... that the GAY word was very difficult to digest - but I don't know the context other than media interpretation - I'm hoping that she does offer some kind of clarification. I am hoping that she did mean GAY in terms of positivity but the Putin reference suggests otherwise? I think this sounds very ill-judged ...I am just hoping that her intentions were to reduce the negativity of the word GAY and use it in many different connotations...maybe she needs to release a video of something to this ilk to support this.... it all feels slightly uncomfortable... we all know that she is not homophobic..so what are her intentions?

I think it was just her sense of humour and a play on words. She said Putin = gay and kale followed immediately afterwards, so she said gay again. Like when she was on Ellen and Ellen asked her about current pop stars. She said J Lo = nice ass, Nicki Minaj = nice ass and Elton John = nice ass.

Nothing for anyone to get het up about.
  • Options
    Gigi4Gigi4 Posts: 3,631
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Here's a funny article on the whole controversy.

http://blogs.montrealgazette.com/2014/04/26/madonna-outs-kale-will-more-foods-be-outed/

That anyone who has been following Madonna all these years sees a problem with this is very surprising to me. Its obvious she was just having fun and a laugh. Has everyone lost their sense of humour?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SHe is hilarious with stuff like that people just dont "get her" sometimes but she s funny...it felt like Hydrangea-gate all over again lol.

But yeah, just crazy how people reacted to something just a little bit of fun :)

Anyways it worked i guess in some ways...BUT what Buzzfeed did yesterday was hilarious..."Kale comes out" just so funny :D

Yeah she doesnt need to defend herself it was all a bit of fun and the reaction is rediculous...clearly people havent followed what she has stood for the past 40 years ...just treat her like the gay man she is <3 she is an absolute warrior queen and so damn fun too! love her...and cannot wait for new material real soon. I reckon she is mapping everything out.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 126
    Forum Member
    I love madonna as a singer but as a person she can be annoying and extremely cringe worthy at times. That whole grills in her mouth is just embarrassing! I hope her new album will be epic and detract attention from some of her Instagram snaps.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My all wrote: »
    I love madonna as a singer but as a person she can be annoying and extremely cringe worthy at times. That whole grills in her mouth is just embarrassing! I hope her new album will be epic and detract attention from some of her Instagram snaps.

The grills are also meant to be funny! It's not like she seriously thought they looked beautiful. Unfortunately there are some people even her fans who don't get her sense of humour! I think her instagram snaps are funny for the most part and they keep people interested in her. I'm like Madonna. Sometimes I post things on various forums and the Internet and because other people think I'm being serious and I have to explain no I was just joking and being ironic. I don't know what is going on with the world today. I really think we are all losing our sense of humour. I hope Madonna keeps on being herself and keep irony alive!
  • Options
    RetroMusicFanRetroMusicFan Posts: 6,673
    Forum Member
    What's with the kale thing? Can someone enlighten me?
  • Options
    gpkgpk Posts: 10,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    TBH its a storm in a tea cup and anyone who thinks Madonna has even one homophobic bone in her body just has no idea. Just another example of people getting offended over nothing.

this, basically. it was like "madonna = racist" all over again, its ridiculous and she summed it up perfectly only recently. frankly, she's always stirring the pot, there is nothing new to see here.:D
    What's with the kale thing? Can someone enlighten me?

type in "kale", "madonna" and "gay", google is your friend.;-) if you missed the initial source of this latest "drama", it all started with this.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gpk wrote: »
    this, basically. it was like "madonna = racist" all over again, its ridiculous and she summed it up perfectly only recently. frankly, she's always stirring the pot, there is nothing new to see here.:

I don't think this is having the same impact as the racist thing. That was a huge controversy. Most people aren't too worried about or even thinking about the kale is gay thing.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gigi4 wrote: »
    I don't think this is having the same impact as the racist thing. That was a huge controversy. Most people aren't too worried about or even thinking about the kale is gay thing.

well yes, its not on the same level in terms of impact, but its just as ridiculous in the same way. I mentioned google previously and actually, you only have to type in "madonna" in the google search bar and this kale thing is the biggest news result. like the racist slur, this will all blow over after the initial ott outrage subsides. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    well yes, its not on the same level in terms of impact, but its just as ridiculous in the same way. I mentioned google previously and actually, you only have to type in "madonna" in the google search bar and this kale thing is the biggest news result. like the racist slur, this will all blow over after the initial ott outrage subsides. :)

Never a dull moment being a Madonna fan.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    this, basically. it was like "madonna = racist" all over again, its ridiculous and she summed it up perfectly only recently. frankly, she's always stirring the pot, there is nothing new to see here.:D

type in "kale", "madonna" and "gay", google is your friend.;-) if you missed the initial source of this latest "drama", it all started with this.

But I don't want to fart around googling stuff, people on here are talking about it so they clearly know about it which is why I asked because I thought someone would have just TOLD me but I guess that's outdated now! Thanks for the link anyway!

I clicked on the link and still don't quite get it, it seems to be one of those word association games but I don't get how kale can be gay, it's like a cabbage isn't it? How can a veg be gay?

Madonna's confusing sometimes!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Never a dull moment being a Madonna fan.

that's true.:) i have backed off in terms of bickering about her on the main forums for sometime now. it became futile in my experience, because most of the time the people that were complaining about her, wouldn't change their views based on anything i wrote anyway. i read a couple of catty comments about her on a thread in the showbiz section last night and the subject wasn't even about her. whatever people say about her, she is impossible to ignore.:D
    But I don't want to fart around googling stuff, people on here are talking about it so they clearly know about it which is why I asked because I thought someone would have just TOLD me but I guess that's outdated now! Thanks for the link anyway!

sorry, on reflection, my response was perhaps a bit abrupt. glad you appreciated the link though.:)
    I clicked on the link and still don't quite get it, it seems to be one of those word association games but I don't get how kale can be gay, it's like a cabbage isn't it? How can a veg be gay?

i have no idea, but she did champion katy perry's misjudged promotional single , back in the day.:blush:

quite, but has the lady said herself, "life is a paradox and it doesn't make much sense".
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I think she just said it because it came right after they said Putin and she said gay and she couldn't think of anything to go with kale so she thought she'd repeat the same thing for a laugh! I don't think she meant anything by it. People are reading too much into it like they do a lot of things she says and does. What word would you associate with kale? I don't have any strong feelings about kale one way or the other. She certainly wasn't using it a negative way, I don't think because she's into healthy eating so I'm sure she has kale now and then.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lmao at that jacko vs madonna thread. literally every time i mention in this thread that i am keeping my distance from bickering about madge, up pops a new thread full of facts previously posted before by the same person that has been banned multiple times this year already.

ok, so they have found a new angle , which in fairness is somewhat refreshing and the question posed is somewhat interesting, but its without a doubt the same person with the same tiresome agenda.:blush: don't they have some scathing amazon reviews to copy and paste or whatever?:confused: i actually feel a bit sorry for them in all honesty, because too waste so much time and energy on such a futile agenda is incredibly sad.

will there be a mass burning of madonna lps/tapes./cds or will people be removing madonna tracks from their ipods en-mass following this latest list of homage revelations and catty remarks about her appearance? in a word, no, because nobody cared any of the other times these essay long digs were posted literally everywhere on internet.:D so what is the actual point exactly?:confused:

i know the person concerned is a regular reader of this thread and sometimes even contributes here (under another alias of course), so i wont name and shame, but surely their life cant be that empty that feel the need share this negative nonsense frequently?:( its a hobby i guess and i assume the responses their posts create must give them a certain buzz, but i do hope at some point this person finds something more constructive to spend their time on for the sake of their own sanity really.:blush:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6
    Forum Member
    I've found a site where every single song by Madonna is rated (we can participate to the votes). Here is the final chart: http://jersy.alwaysdata.net/cgi-bin/charts.pl?it=2&ia=674
    :cool:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I think she just said it because it came right after they said Putin and she said gay and she couldn't think of anything to go with kale so she thought she'd repeat the same thing for a laugh! I don't think she meant anything by it. People are reading too much into it like they do a lot of things she says and does. What word would you associate with kale? I don't have any strong feelings about kale one way or the other. She certainly wasn't using it a negative way, I don't think because she's into healthy eating so I'm sure she has kale now and then.

I don't think i'm reading too much into it, whatever that means, I just didn't understand what she meant and it just seemed a bit random that's all!
    Kale is like cabbage isn't it? Never had it so i'm not too sure.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think i'm reading too much into it, whatever that means, I just didn't understand what she meant and it just seemed a bit random that's all!
    Kale is like cabbage isn't it? Never had it so i'm not too sure.

Kale is more like a green, like mustard greens or collard greens than cabbage. It doesn't come in a head but in leaves sort of like lettuce. You can eat it raw or cooked. It's become very trendy. I guess it's more popular in the US than here. A lot of US restaurants feature raw kale salads. Also Hollywood types who are into juicing and other holistic trends like that put it in smoothies with other fruits and vegetables.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Kale is more like a green, like mustard greens or collard greens than cabbage. It doesn't come in a head but in leaves sort of like lettuce. You can eat it raw or cooked. It's become very trendy. I guess it's more popular in the US than here. A lot of US restaurants feature raw kale salads. Also Hollywood types who are into juicing and other holistic trends like that put it in smoothies with other fruits and vegetables.

Thanks for that!

She could have said green then, it would have made more sense but I guess 'gay' was funnier, shame I didn't get it!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I read that Avicii produced some songs on Coldplay's new album. I think that would be an interesting direction for Madonna to mix in a slight guitar/rock/indie sort of sound with dance electronics. I feel that might be a direction she is going in as it seems guitars are being used on the new album and she's said in past interviews she likes Coldplay. That would be cool!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i think depends on how "on the spot" this session was and knowing her, she probably didn't spend much time on these questions at all. i was in a situation in work yesterday where i made a terrible snap decision and it ended up adding an extra hour to my working day as a consequence. people make poor judgements sometimes when time is restricted and even when time is plentiful, people say or write the wrong thing, she's only human after all.

she is one determined woman though, stubborn too, but she never fails to impress me by pushing forward with her work in her own way. she is still using social media to her advantage or disadvantage some people could say, despite the social media she did during the "mdna" campaign being less than effective. since then, she's pretty much become a fixture on instagram and her pictures have generated far more press compared to other celebrities posting on that site.

fair play, people are still talking/writing about her regardless of whether what is said or written is positive or not. she simply cannot and will not be ignored.:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ooh Avicii and COldplay...you know i have loved a lot of their recent stuff they have put out on Radio 1....and in Chris Martins interview with Zayn Lowe he said he has explored other areas in music and noted his love for Dance music...so hmmmmm we shall see...i love Magic and Midnight (which was remixed by Moroder)

also i love the XX style/Dreampop vibe...now THAT is a genre in music i would adore Madonna to venture...Electronica/Dance/Pop/Trip Hop blends with Psychy/Trippy Rock.....to make Dreampop much like the styles of goldfrapp, The XX, grimes, Iamamiwhoami, would NAIL it....I do love the idea...for me i feel the Like a Prayer album was an instigator into the Dreampop genre...blurrring genres and styles and themes together in a baroque way...would adore if she ventured there on this album...blurring styles in such a dreamy way...we shall see of coruse but i love the idea of electronica/dance with rock/indie vibes <3