Options

DS LGBT members thread (Part 9)

Comments

• Options
    LudwigVonDrakeLudwigVonDrake Posts: 12,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Do you have any other gay friends, or friends who have other gay friends?
    Not really. I know a few online, but no one from the area. And the people I know don't have gay friends. :rolleyes: (Well I guess technically they do have one! lol)
    You think you're bitchin? God no one pities themselves more than I do right now...

One minute I'm in the mindset that I'm too busy for any relationships with school and then the next it's "WHAT'S WRONG WITH ME?!!? WHY DON'T I HAVE A BOYFRIEND (or girlfriend but I have no luck with ladies) :cry:"
    Well I can tell you right now, there's nothing wrong with you. :) You've got great confidence, I envy you for it, so from that side at least I can't see that holding you back. Its just a matter of time. Mr or Mrs Right will arrive soon enough.
  • Options
    GeekyGeminiGeekyGemini Posts: 1,947
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've been watching a few more of his videos and I'm amazed at how inspirational he is. I know that there are a myriad of YouTubers like him.. they're all doing an awesome job, but what stands out to me is the fact he's military! He must be such an inspiration for others in the services.

Makes you think that if a guy like him, and his bf, can be open whilst being in an incredibly macho environment, then what's stopping that pro-athlete (besides the obvious!)? What I'm trying to say is that its another positive step forward for 'da gays'.

EDIT: Yeah I know I sound hypocritical saying that. :(
    I realise I'm going to sound a tad harsh, but I genuinely believe a big factor for pro-athletes (particularly those who have an image to maintain) is that a lot of it is down to their sponsorship/image promotion and the monetary consequences of this resulting in their 'advisors' in these areas putting pressure on them not to come out, rather than them genuinely fearing a backlash against them for being gay.

There's many examples out there of suspected gay athletes who have been close with members of the same sex which is then cut dead once it starts getting too much attention. Prime example of this being Maria Sharapova was seen to be really close friends with a certain someone, yet all contact stopped once it started getting a little too much public attention and stuff :( It's a crying shame though if the real reason behind pro-athletes not coming out and being true to themselves is based heavily upon the financial consequences of doing so...
    I just seem to flip between wanting to be out and wonder 'why bother' these days.

Anyway, enough of my bitchin' .. what's everyone else been up to?
    Awwh Mark, I know it's easier said than done, but please try to never give up hope and let yourself start thinking like 'why bother' to anything in life...

I've come to realise that the future is what you make of it and I'm sure it's never too late to make a change for the better :) Whatever you're wanting from life, be that love, happiness, money etc, you've still got the remainder of your life ahead of you to obtain these things, so never let yourself give up and think 'why bother?'. You're a sweet, kind, caring and great guy who, whether you want to believe this or not, has a lot to offer the people around him, so never give up the belief in what you want :)
  • Options
    rikstan87rikstan87 Posts: 2,359
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am bloody pissed off with this cold weather when it going to end :'( rant over lol
  • Options
    Adam792Adam792 Posts: 7,147
    Forum Member
    rikstan87 wrote: »
    I am bloody pissed off with this cold weather when it going to end :'( rant over lol

Freezing isn't it?

I'm really puzzled though because it was about -4°C here in Bristol with a wind chill of -10°C last night, yet my car windscreen didn't need de-icing this morning. How does that even work? :eek:

I want to be back in Tenerife. It was lush there. :(

Also guys, I want to change my username to something a little less specific; do any of you have any ideas? :) Feeling pretty uninspired!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well I can tell you right now, there's nothing wrong with you. You've got great confidence, I envy you for it, so from that side at least I can't see that holding you back. Its just a matter of time. Mr or Mrs Right will arrive soon enough.

I've thought maybe the reason I can't seem to do well with guys is because maybe I'm not anyone's Mr Right :/

Thanks for the kind words though Mark :)

Awwh Mark, I know it's easier said than done, but please try to never give up hope and let yourself start thinking like 'why bother' to anything in life...

I've come to realise that the future is what you make of it and I'm sure it's never too late to make a change for the better :) Whatever you're wanting from life, be that love, happiness, money etc, you've still got the remainder of your life ahead of you to obtain these things, so never let yourself give up and think 'why bother?'. You're a sweet, kind, caring and great guy who, whether you want to believe this or not, has a lot to offer the people around him, so never give up the belief in what you want :)

I totally agree with this, just I'm not good with these sorts of uplifting posts :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Adam792 wrote: »
    Freezing isn't it?

I'm really puzzled though because it was about -4°C here in Bristol with a wind chill of -10°C last night, yet my car windscreen didn't need de-icing this morning. How does that even work? :eek:

I want to be back in Tenerife. It was lush there. :(

Also guys, I want to change my username to something a little less specific; do any of you have any ideas? :) Feeling pretty uninspired!

yep the same didn't need to deice the van. Umm maybe change it too imfreezeingmybuttoffhere :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've thought maybe the reason I can't seem to do well with guys is because maybe I'm not anyone's Mr Right :/

p

mr right is down here in Kent ;):D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    yep the same didn't need to deice the van. Umm maybe change it too imfreezeingmybuttoffhere :D

According to one of my colleagues it's due to the strong wind meaning the ice crystals can't settle long enough to freeze onto the windscreen. Suits me. :D

Haha good choice!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    According to one of my colleagues it's due to the strong wind meaning the ice crystals can't settle long enough to freeze onto the windscreen. Suits me. :D

Haha good choice!

id rather not have the strong winds as in working outside making my day lot harder grr
  • Options
    Forum Member
    id rather not have the strong winds as in working outside making my day lot harder grr

Yeah I bet that isn't too fun! What is it you do? :)
  • Options
    ChristmasCakeChristmasCake Posts: 26,078
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

They don't do username changes on DS any more.

Lol, slag:p.
  • Options
    Say_My_NameSay_My_Name Posts: 299
    Forum Member
    I think a nice brew is in order to get me through the rest of the college day.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah I bet that isn't too fun! What is it you do? :)

i sample and analyze water for a water utility company
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Lol, slag:p.

:o me never ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member

Ha. We'll see about that! If I decide I want to change it to something less personally identifying I'll be strongly asking for them to do so!
  • Options
    Say_My_NameSay_My_Name Posts: 299
    Forum Member
    I think Adam793 is quite catchy.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I think Adam793 is quite catchy.

Lol :D Yeah I'll request that!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

You know what I might just take you up on that offer ;)

FFS!!!!!!

My parents keep burying their heads in the sand about the cocking hot water, my skin is getting worse because the water isn't sufficiently hot enough to open my pores, and I'm sick of it to be frank :mad:

And I've been walking like 3.5 miles home from school every day for the past 3 weeks and I'm in no better shape than I was.

RANT Over, sorry I'm just so fed up, I need to vent.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You know what I might just take you up on that offer ;)

FFS!!!!!!

My parents keep burying their heads in the sand about the cocking hot water, my skin is getting worse because the water isn't sufficiently hot enough to open my pores, and I'm sick of it to be frank :mad:

And I've been walking like 3.5 miles home from school every day for the past 3 weeks and I'm in no better shape than I was.

RANT Over, sorry I'm just so fed up, I need to vent.

do u pay rent to ur parents just out of interest?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Also just keep at the walking if your trying to achieve a better shape . I know you been doing it for 3 weeks but u may have to keep on doing it
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    do u pay rent to ur parents just out of interest?

No, but they'd lose a lot of money if I didn't go back to school this year, and my decision to go back was partly on them harassing me to go back.

I'm going to try to find a job, but it's no the right time with exams looming in.
  • Options
    LudwigVonDrakeLudwigVonDrake Posts: 12,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I realise I'm going to sound a tad harsh, but I genuinely believe a big factor for pro-athletes (particularly those who have an image to maintain) is that a lot of it is down to their sponsorship/image promotion and the monetary consequences of this resulting in their 'advisors' in these areas putting pressure on them not to come out, rather than them genuinely fearing a backlash against them for being gay.
    That's true, but there are quite a few companies that are "pro-gay", its just a shame that they don't offer their sponsorship to a out and active athlete.
    Prime example of this being Maria Sharapova was seen to be really close friends with a certain someone
    I thought she was with Enrique? :confused:

Wow that was a lovely post, thanks so such encouragement. And likewise to others that have also commented.
    Well don't go for something as lame as what I ended up with! Thought I was being clever.. :rolleyes:
    Well you will be. Its just a matter of time.
    Thanks for the kind words though Mark :)
    Don't mention it. :)
    Well that suckssssss.
  • Options
    spindiddlyspindiddly Posts: 4,975
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Women are a nightmare.

Being gay>>>>>>>>>Being straight.

:)
  • Options
    ChristmasCakeChristmasCake Posts: 26,078
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :o me never ;)

Lol of course not:p.
    Ha. We'll see about that! If I decide I want to change it to something less personally identifying I'll be strongly asking for them to do so!

From what I remember, when they were having all that trouble with the servers going down, they turned off the facility to change names.

They don't even let you de-register, and re-register any more. If you de-register, it's permanent!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Lol of course not:p.

From what I remember, when they were having all that trouble with the servers going down, they turned off the facility to change names.

They don't even let you de-register, and re-register any more. If you de-register, it's permanent!

God that sounds a nightmare! Thanks for the info though. :) To be honest I'm more interested in changing it on other boards I use. :)