Options

Why dont they invite Aaron (BBUK 2011 winner) to BBOTS panel?

QueenPixieQueenPixie Posts: 773
Forum Member
✭✭
I noticed they always bring Luke and Sam.. but never Aaron. :confused:

Comments

• Options
    BarracuteBarracute Posts: 243,314
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aaron doesnt want to take part in BOTS anymore
  • Options
    Gwaed WaedlydGwaed Waedlyd Posts: 5,401
    Forum Member
    I think I read somewhere he and Faye were suppose to have a segment during Big Brother 13 season but they ended up withdrawing for some reason; might be because BOTS was quite cruel towards Aaron during his season.
  • Options
    BarracuteBarracute Posts: 243,314
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think I read somewhere he and Faye were suppose to have a segment during Big Brother 13 season but they ended up withdrawing for some reason; might be because BOTS was quite cruel towards Aaron during his season.

He just didnt like what they were offering
  • Options
    TheManWhoLaughsTheManWhoLaughs Posts: 7,271
    Forum Member
    He's probably too busy sulking about something.
  • Options
    Gwaed WaedlydGwaed Waedlyd Posts: 5,401
    Forum Member
    Barracute wrote: »

Ah okay thanks for clearing that up, if I was him I would have refused to go on at all after some of the things they said on there. The finale night episode of BOTS was an absolute disgrace to watch.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The story as presented by Aaron, and there seems no reason to doubt it, was that he was offered a special BBOTS role, far more than just on the panel, for BB13. They were going to do some broadcasts from his bar (that he was running at the time). Then, when they were about to launch, it was obvious that none of this was going to happen, and he was only going to be used as an ordinary panel member. So he was angry and refused to have anything to do with the show again, though he has said on here that he would like to do an Ultimate Big Brother, but only if Brian Dowling was in it, because he has a grievance about him and wants the chance to defeat him.

Jay McKray also obviously fell out badly with Ch 5; I don't know the ins and outs of it at all. But it led to the rather odd situation that the main BB12 person during BB13 was Tom, who was not exactly a front-runner; fortunately for the show, he is an interested and articulate person.
  • Options
    VeriVeri Posts: 96,996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The story as presented by Aaron, and there seems no reason to doubt it, was that he was offered a special BBOTS role, far more than just on the panel, for BB13. They were going to do some broadcasts from his bar (that he was running at the time). Then, when they were about to launch, it was obvious that none of this was going to happen, and he was only going to be used as an ordinary panel member. So he was angry and refused to have anything to do with the show again, though he has said on here that he would like to do an Ultimate Big Brother, but only if Brian Dowling was in it, because he has a grievance about him and wants the chance to defeat him.

Jay McKray also obviously fell out badly with Ch 5; I don't know the ins and outs of it at all. But it led to the rather odd situation that the main BB12 person during BB13 was Tom, who was not exactly a front-runner; fortunately for the show, he is an interested and articulate person.

Unfortunately, he's an irritant with no especially interesting insights. I always go through an "oh no, not Tom again" moment when I learn he's going to be on BOTS.
  • Options
    Aurora13Aurora13 Posts: 30,246
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Never mind Aaron Faye has never been back to BB studios since the recording of the Winners show on the Saturday. Is there any wonder given how appallingly she was treated. As for Aaron BBOTS actually entered the realms of defamation. It is one thing commenting/having opinion on BB but when Producers start claiming as fact stuff about housemate character/thoughts which aren't true it is plain wrong. They even fed false information to Faye family. Producers I suspect never expected their duplicity to be exposed.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Veri wrote: »
    Unfortunately, he's an irritant with no especially interesting insights. I always go through an "oh no, not Tom again" moment when I learn he's going to be on BOTS.

Chit stirrer. He was lucky not to be nominated due to teams fighting each other. If he'd been up week 3 or 4 then he'd have gone. Govan got tipped out for less.
  • Options
    diesels hummindiesels hummin Posts: 7,589
    Forum Member
    He is frequently asked but considers it to be beneath him, that is what i would guess.
  • Options
    kimotagkimotag Posts: 11,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He fell out with them over the show-segment that he and Faye expected to do for season 13 and has been critical of their aftercare, so I doubt they will be calling him anytime soon. Similarly, Deana criticized them over the Conor incident and also backed Aaron's criticism of aftercare, so I doubt that she will ever get the call either,
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kimotag wrote: »
    He fell out with them over the show-segment that he and Faye expected to do for season 13 and has been critical of their aftercare, so I doubt they will be calling him anytime soon. Similarly, Deana criticized them over the Conor incident and also backed Aaron's criticism of aftercare, so I doubt that she will ever get the call either,

I think Luke A also backed the criticism of aftercare, though, and he has been back.

(Of course, BB might not have noticed his tweet.)
  • Options
    VerenceVerence Posts: 104,589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    So he was angry and refused to have anything to do with the show again, though he has said on here that he would like to do an Ultimate Big Brother, but only if Brian Dowling was in it, because he has a grievance about him and wants the chance to defeat him.

Wasn't there a rumour/conspiracy theory at the time that Dowling suggested the idea of splitting the prize money because he didn't like Aaron?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Verence wrote: »
    Wasn't there a rumour/conspiracy theory at the time that Dowling suggested the idea of splitting the prize money because he didn't like Aaron?

It wasn't a rumour Brian admitted it. Aaron says a disappointment in whole experience was realising what a nasty individual Brian was when he had been a fan previously. He said Emma was fine with him.
  • Options
    VerenceVerence Posts: 104,589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Aurora13 wrote: »
    It wasn't a rumour Brian admitted it. Aaron says a disappointment in whole experience was realising what a nasty individual Brian was when he had been a fan previously. He said Emma was fine with him.

Wow, I never realised Dowling had admitted it
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Thread presumably from that time: [thread=1573541]Brian Dowling Had The Idea To Split The Prize Money......[/thread]. Some people tried saying it was a joke; some others argued that, noting being a producer, Brian couldn't have made the decision (which doesn't mean it couldn't have been his idea idea).

We'll probably never know for sure.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 849
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Barracute wrote: »

I think all the peanuts he could eat in the green room was a perfectly adequate offer.

Did he really?

Is he aware that Brian got more votes in the final of BB2 than all the HMs combined got during the entire series of BB12.

Nice to see Aaron is still as big a pillock as ever though.
  • Options
    QueenAmyQueenAmy Posts: 3,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thank god he hasn't appeared on it, I really dislike the ****
  • Options
    cavallicavalli Posts: 18,738
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

:o

I had no idea about that, what a nasty little shit!
  • Options
    BMLisaBMLisa Posts: 15,198
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Scrovegni wrote: »
    I think all the peanuts he could eat in the green room was a perfectly adequate offer.

Did he really?

Is he aware that Brian got more votes in the final of BB2 than all the HMs combined got during the entire series of BB12.

Nice to see Aaron is still as big a pillock as ever though.

It wasn't that he had a grievance against Brian, it's that he'd always considered Brian the best HM and as the winner of Ultimate BB he wouldn't want to do it unless he could compete against the Ultimate Housemate.
  • Options
    farscapefarscape Posts: 2,902
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Scrovegni wrote: »
    Is he aware that Brian got more votes in the final of BB2 than all the HMs combined got during the entire series of BB12..

He did say on this very board he knows it would never happen but would like the chance nonetheless given that Brian wasn't very nice to him.
  • Options
    Stefano92Stefano92 Posts: 66,393
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He was disgusted with the aftercare of the house mates. He then said on his Twitter that a couple of people from BB12 considered suicide (maybe said this during BB13) So, it was a very heavy subject. I remember Deana agreeing with what Aaron was saying online and backed him.

Also, yes, he didn't like the fact that Dowling wanted him to give some of his money away, why would he?

Aaron was a great housemate and was treated like an evil man on BOTS, even on the final when Pete Burns said what he did, so I am not surprised he didn't want to come back.
  • Options
    DUNDEEBOYDUNDEEBOY Posts: 110,033
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wrong thread
  • Options
    Virgil TracyVirgil Tracy Posts: 26,806
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He's probably too busy sulking about something.

that's basically it .
  • Options
    BMLisaBMLisa Posts: 15,198
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    farscape wrote: »
    He did say on this very board he knows it would never happen but would like the chance nonetheless given that Brian wasn't very nice to him.

Also it's worth pointing out that probably 90% of Brian's voters don't watch the show anymore whereas 90% of Aaron's voters probably do.

I'd be interested to see them in a "best of"