The Voice UK Live Final/ Results Discussion Thread [02 June]

Comments

• notinnotin Posts: 1,496
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    squadge wrote: »
    doubt it. Most singers in WE these days are either pop singers or if younger women, sopranos or high range mezzos. . There are very few roles for younger white women who are in the lower mezzo or alto range - and she is too heavy for her playing age as well. If Smokey Joe's Cafe was on, she could be castable in it but considering her stage presence I have to question her acting/moving ability..

She is beautiful, so un affected by commercial music trends, she has a wonderful voice, and that was what this show was all about. Bo and Taylor will get what they get but Leanne has a truly wonderful voice".......I only hope that she gets some fresh recording material to allow her voice to shine.
  • notinnotin Posts: 1,496
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And although in the shadow of Ruth, she was demour and understated, shemhad clear diction, Ruth had passion , but I could never understand what she was saying. Leane by far was more a musician, Bo and Taylor are one trick ponies, she has so , so much to offer......CONGRATULATIONS and thank God the public got it right.
  • jake lylejake lyle Posts: 6,146
    Forum Member
    I bet she didn't take the lead in the voting until 'run to you'.
    It was in a different class.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 427
    Forum Member
    it was actually a great final.

just a couple of issues the ending was very rushed, shoudl've revealed it in descending order coz I want to know who came second
    and also leanne not getting to perform again at the end was a shame too
  • stargazer61stargazer61 Posts: 70,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    it was actually a great final.

just a couple of issues the ending was very rushed, shoudl've revealed it in descending order coz I want to know who came second
    and also leanne not getting to perform again at the end was a shame too

Went over time........prods should have pulled some of the filler
  • RecordPlayerRecordPlayer Posts: 22,648
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    RingoJ739K wrote: »
    I'm so GLAD BO DIDN'T WIN! THANK GOODNESS:):):)

I was going to say that! You saved me the bother.;)
  • chinchinchinchin Posts: 125,809
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    mrbernay wrote: »
    Really don't think so...;)
    Humph! :rolleyes::p
  • RecordPlayerRecordPlayer Posts: 22,648
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    richie4eva wrote: »
    And that is a wrap for another reality show

The customary thanks to everyone who has contributed to this debut series

Ok the live shows need a LOT of work for series 2 but the auditions and Battle rounds were decent enough

Hope to see some of you on the BB forum on Tuesday evening

I agree. I actually enjoyed the auditions and sing offs.
  • NeilVWNeilVW Posts: 8,635
    Forum Member
    stevewoods wrote: »
    so there is going to be a series 2 then?

The BBC reportedly paid £22m for two series so there was always going to be a second, unless it was a total disaster.

Enjoyed the final, especially the coaches' ensemble. I think the production team will have learnt a lot from the 'teething troubles' with the live shows and it will come back better next year, hopefully in Jan/Feb so it can avoid good weather etc. Will be interesting to see which coaches want/are asked to come back.
  • StephenHKentStephenHKent Posts: 1,798
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    squadge wrote: »
    doubt it. Most singers in WE these days are either pop singers or if younger women, sopranos or high range mezzos. . There are very few roles for younger white women who are in the lower mezzo or alto range - and she is too heavy for her playing age as well. If Smokey Joe's Cafe was on, she could be castable in it but considering her stage presence I have to question her acting/moving ability..

I'm no voice expert, and I will bow to your expertise, but, listening to Leanne's trills when she sings at the top, high, light, end of her range, that sounds like a soprano to me? That 'thinner' very very high sound that Mariah Carey used to do? I agree though about her appearance. Realistically, this matters. And does she have stage presence?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 376
    Forum Member
    glad leanne won... but don't think she'll go too far. she sings too much ballard type songs. not current! i reckon tyler and bo will go on to do better. usually happens that way!
  • happy tvhappy tv Posts: 1,708
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    NeilVW wrote: »
    The BBC reportedly paid £22m for two series so there was always going to be a second, unless it was a total disaster.

Enjoyed the final, especially the coaches' ensemble. I think the production team will have learnt a lot from the 'teething troubles' with the live shows and it will come back better next year, hopefully in Jan/Feb so it can avoid good weather etc. Will be interesting to see which coaches want/are asked to come back.

Not a chance that it will be run in January or February. They will have to do blind auditions first and then edit them. I think it will be on in March at the earliest. Also alot of problems to sort out
    Forum Member
    happy tv wrote: »
    Not a chance that it will be run in January or February. They will have to do blind auditions first and then edit them. I think it will be on in March at the earliest. Also alot of problems to sort out

Any reason why they can't do blind auditions in, say, December?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 396
    Forum Member
    Surely they won't dare put this up against a Cowell show again?
    Forum Member
    I just mean record the auditions rounds in December, then air them in, say, early Feb. The series would be all done and dusted before the end of April.
    That means the live rounds will avoid the hot weather & BGT (I know TVUK beat BGT early on in this series but they can't bank on that again, having lost to them heavily later on), and generally the ITV competition is weaker. There is talk of Dancing on Ice splitting their show over the weekend for their winter run, but that show is in a weakened state and would not stand up against TVUK, IMO, assuming the latter up their game.
  • brylcreembrylcreem Posts: 2,423
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OddsOn wrote: »
    Surely they won't dare put this up against a Cowell show again?

I don't think going up against bgt had anything got to do with it, it was winning the ratings for the 2 rounds (auditions and battle) that were actually entetaining. The live shows just sucked and thats why the viewers left. They need to make some changes but aI think it could be a hit next year.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Any reason why they can't do blind auditions in, say, December?

Do you really think so? Will the judges make themselves available then especially if they are booked up for concerts etc. I guess they have to work around their schedules. I just think that it takes time to fix things and the show needs to be fixed. Blind auditions have to be advertised, organised etc and people and production have to be available. It may be a big ask to do two in the one year
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just mean record the auditions rounds in December, then air them in, say, early Feb. The series would be all done and dusted before the end of April.
    That means the live rounds will avoid the hot weather & BGT (I know TVUK beat BGT early on in this series but they can't bank on that again, having lost to them heavily later on), and generally the ITV competition is weaker. There is talk of Dancing on Ice splitting their show over the weekend for their winter run, but that show is in a weakened state and would not stand up against TVUK, IMO, assuming the latter up their game.

If they fix all the problems with the show and improve it, it should be able to do well against BGT like the audition shows did. However, the pressure to perform will be enormous for BBC next year
  • NaughtyNanNaughtyNan Posts: 9,445
    Forum Member
    Well done Leanne, thoroughly deserved it. :cool:

Tom Jones(class), Will-i-Am(humour) and the first round auditions(chair turning bit) were the best bits of The Voice. Please BBC change other bits of it.:)

Thank you and good night folks. :cool:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 187
    Forum Member
    It winds me up on all these talent shows, that as soon as the winner is announced, Digital Spy will post the winner's and runners up as announced within the headline title on the main page and a banner across the top of the page. So those of us who record and watch back later have the identity of the winner revealed as soon as we click onto the site. Are they unable to title the headline as "winner announced" and reveal the identity once a reader has made their own decision to read the story, or will they continue to disregard those that have yet to watch the shows and ruin the surprises.

Rant over.
  • NaughtyNanNaughtyNan Posts: 9,445
    Forum Member
    dcb1986 wrote: »
    It winds me up on all these talent shows, that as soon as the winner is announced, Digital Spy will post the winner's and runners up as announced within the headline title on the main page and a banner across the top of the page. So those of us who record and watch back later have the identity of the winner revealed as soon as we click onto the site. Are they unable to title the headline as "winner announced" and reveal the identity once a reader has made their own decision to read the story, or will they continue to disregard those that have yet to watch the shows and ruin the surprises.

Rant over.

Is it not possible not to come on here?:D
    Forum Member
    happy tv wrote: »
    Do you really think so? Will the judges make themselves available then especially if they are booked up for concerts etc. I guess they have to work around their schedules. I just think that it takes time to fix things and the show needs to be fixed. Blind auditions have to be advertised, organised etc and people and production have to be available. It may be a big ask to do two in the one year

Well they started advertising for initial auditions last week or even earlier, so they are gearing up already. Yes they have to coordinate with the coaches' diaries, but the blind auditions could be done over a few days - not a huge commitment. Remember that the coaches enjoyed a massive boost to their own record sales early on in this series, so there's that to factor in (plus their fat pay cheques) when considering priorities. If the next series is a huge hit, the benefits are considerable in this regard.
  • dan2008dan2008 Posts: 37,279
    Forum Member
    Good Stuff:)

I didn't think i could sit and watch one of these music Talent shows but The Voice has been a joy to watch.
    It's great that the Coaches are all very talented aswell.

I really enjoyed the final and will look forward to the next series:)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9
    Forum Member
    If the Voice is a singing competition, Leanne deserved to win because she was the best singer.

Having said that, Bo and Tyler had a little something different and may do better.

Overall, a successful series with far better singing talent than X Factor or BGT but I have doubts on whether this show really can oust the commercial tools the ITV programmes have. I think people still like them for the drama as despicable as it may be.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Has Ed Sheeran actually fathered a premature baby which later died? If not, then the boy has serious depressive issues, as that really would be taking empathy a bit too far.