McKeith's poor daughter

13»

Comments

• susie-4964susie-4964 Posts: 23,143
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    missfox wrote: »
    bloody hell, their mirror images of their mother,quick someone give them a mcdonalds immediately :eek:

I think it's the hair. They look a bit like Amish or Plymouth Brethren girls who don't ever cut their hair, it's rather an old-fashioned look.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 702
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jaggedcat wrote: »
    don't think any of the negative people really care about Afton and Skylar and I am sure they love their mummy just like any other kids.

You really don't know what you are talking about
  • lotty27lotty27 Posts: 17,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    autumn wrote: »
    That's a very sweeping statement, and this seems to be a widely held opinion of home schooled kids as antisocial outcast. If you do a little research you will find this not to be true of the majority. I home schooled for a year, my daughter has returned to school this September in Year 7, and she is now amongst classes of 25-30 kids, where there are 3 to 4 disruptive children (mainly boys) in every class. This is not only antisocial, it also inhibits the learning process, as the teachers spend a lot of time throughout the lessons trying to 'settle' these children.

The main solution to this disruptive behaviour is temproray exclusion or detention, with some children amassing 17-20 detentions during the first term at a school where they are at the start of their secondary education. Some of them were permanently excluded from their primary schools, so their problems have been ongoing for years, without being satisfactorily resolved. These disruptive children have not learnt to 'mix' in society, and are far more challenging (literally) than any home schooled child I have met.

My daughters experience is not unique. It is replicated across many classrooms, and not only in poorer areas. I have respect and sympathy for many of the teachers, they are not all bad, and many feel beseiged.

Fair do's. Apologies if I inadvertently offended you or anyone else with my comment. I had been out on the fall-down pop and my mouth was running away with me :o:D

To put my comment in context what I should have said is that I felt VERY sorry for her girls if they're stuck around their overbearing mum day in and day out with no respite, even if she's not actually teaching them herself. Unless she's a completely different person at home of course?

Agree with your comments about disruptive pupils in class too.
  • MetermaidMetermaid Posts: 804
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    di60 wrote: »
    does anyone else find this a little disturbing??

Not sure if it really is her daughter promoting her mother on youtube?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I7VcXsKPQOw

Think it is. Dreadful ! Sending your kids out begging for you :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bloody Hell, how creepy. Half expected the kid to launch into the nightmare on elm street thing "1, 2 Freddie's coming for you"

Even if its not Gillian's daughter some parent somewhre should be watching what their kid is doing on the internet, thats just very weird

I agree. I found it genuinely rather eerie. It sounds like one of those little voices that you hear coming out of dark, empty cellars in old horror films.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 356
    Forum Member
    di60 wrote: »
    does anyone else find this a little disturbing??

Not sure if it really is her daughter promoting her mother on youtube?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I7VcXsKPQOw

More than a little disturbing!:o
  • di60di60 Posts: 5,432
    Forum Member
    Eldest daughter still leaping to the defence of mommy dearest.....

"....She is completely genuine and she would never fake anything.......Skylar also told how she was taken out of her old school after being bullied. She said: ‘There were some untrue things said about my mum two years ago and I got bullied......She also revealed that she had been forced to leave her school two years ago after facing taunts over Miss McKeith, with one pupil even trying to set her hair on fire. She is home- schooled by her mother.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/celebrity/article-1333199/Shes-mother-Gillian-McKeiths-daughter-says-wants-show.html#ixzz16NeI699F

I think Ms McKeith needs to educate her daughter about her Dr status.

I wish I could sympathise with the child but she strikes me as being really precocious ..... mind you what chance did she have with a mother like that.