Was Brendan right? Or are the judges being fair?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,820
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Personally shocked by their comments. I loved it and it was so much more than I expected from her. Why are they being so harsh? Literally shocked and I agree with brendan - so over the "more performance" thing... It's ridiculous.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 482
    Forum Member
    totally agree!
  • cherricherri Posts: 410
    Forum Member
    Totally agree with Brendan. I thought it was a lovely rumba
  • chels.pchels.p Posts: 281
    Forum Member
    I think they were right-but not because of the performance. I think the performance was fine but I don't think she had enough hip action and she sometimes looked a bit awkward to me. The scores were a bit too low though - two 8s and two 9s would have been better.
  • musicangelmusicangel Posts: 7,164
    Forum Member
    Brendan was spot on and good for telling Bruno off rumba isn't just about sex, its interpretation, they pre judges that... Hope people vote the emotion got to the audience they got standing ovation
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,820
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    chels.p wrote: »
    I think they were right-but not because of the performance. I think the performance was fine but I don't think she had enough hip action and she sometimes looked a bit awkward to me. The scores were a bit too low though - two 8s and two 9s would have been better.

Omg I saw so much hip action. I literally don't understand, and I say this because I'm a dancer too and I literally just don't know what the judges are talking about. It was worth 4 9s.
  • roadieboysroadieboys Posts: 3,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He has IMO let sophie down again. It was too tame and she just seems to do enough and not push herself. No chemistry at all. Started off with a great charlston and has never reached those heights since. It was rather blah.....
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 23
    Forum Member
    We thought it was a great rumba. Intimate and grown up.
    Judges have their favourites and Sophie isn't one of them. Brendon is fitting his choreography to Sophie's personality and it works well. Just doesn't fit the stereotypes that the judges want.
    Hope the great British public put things right.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 370
    Forum Member
    chels.p wrote: »

she did need a little bit more hip action, but as for the dance on a whole it was a beautiful emotive rumba. The judges quite frankly need to look at each rumba on its own merit. totally P*** me off sometimes.

go Brendan, I sometimes think this guys gonna go ape on the judges and sometimes rightly so
  • Christian CageChristian Cage Posts: 6,239
    Forum Member
    She will be getting my five votes and I'm not even a Sophie fan. That dance deserved four nines IMO.
  • YeraYera Posts: 6,200
    Forum Member
    cherri wrote: »
    Totally agree with Brendan. I thought it was a lovely rumba

Under marked this week and last week, no wonder Brendan is annoyed
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 43
    Forum Member
    Brendan is not happy is he!
    I loved their routine, and yes its nice that it can be done tastefully... well done Brendan and Sophie!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,820
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    roadieboys wrote: »
    He has IMO let sophie down again. It was too tame and she just seems to do enough and not push herself. No chemistry at all. Started off with a great charlston and has never reached those heights since. It was rather blah.....

Disagree so much. There was chemistry, maybe it wasn't sexual but there was chemistry:
  • jinx2jinx2 Posts: 441
    Forum Member
    When Brendan danced with Claire King he was made to change the Rumba on the Saturday rehearsal because it was to raunchy. Now it is not raunchy enough.
    Poor chap can't win!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 312
    Forum Member
    I thought Brendan was quite right and I feel a little sorry for Sophie now - she seems (understandably) genuinely confused about what the judges want.
  • TerryM22TerryM22 Posts: 19,463
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Becky245 wrote: »
    Personally shocked by their comments. I loved it and it was so much more than I expected from her. Why are they being so harsh? Literally shocked and I agree with brendan - so over the "more performance" thing... It's ridiculous.

I'm afraid he just needs to button it and show some respect for the process and stop having tantrums.
    Forum Member
    nashi wrote: »
    We thought it was a great rumba. Intimate and grown up.
    Judges have their favourites and Sophie isn't one of them. Brendon is fitting his choreography to Sophie's personality and it works well. Just doesn't fit the stereotypes that the judges want.
    Hope the great British public put things right.

solo well said what was the point of Brendan doing a run a Sophie would feel alien to dance ... That was romance from Sophie

judges are shocking with biases tonight
  • HowardessexHowardessex Posts: 2,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If Brendan is complaining , then Ben should be furious , really low marks and yet he was brilliant .
  • pinkwaferpinkwafer Posts: 933
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I didn't see any chemistry. She never looks into his eyes with any intent. She is scared of her husbands reaction I think.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 26
    Forum Member
    I don't know why or what the back story is, but my opinion is the judges are anti-Brendan and always have been. That was a bloody good dance.
    Forum Member
    TerryM22 wrote: »
    I'm afraid he just needs to button it and show some respect for the process and stop having tantrums.

thats wasn't a tantrum it was a pro standing up for his partner
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 259
    Forum Member
    She did really well I thought. Surprised by the meh comments and scores.
  • sey77sey77 Posts: 666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No, he was right. For weeks now they have been marked harshly while others have been over marked.

He choreographed a dance for his partner. It was romantic and beautiful.

Good on him for standing up for them. It shows he believes in it and isn't just going through the motions...
  • YeraYera Posts: 6,200
    Forum Member
    TerryM22 wrote: »

When exactly did he have a tantrum?
  • Reality SucksReality Sucks Posts: 28,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know why or what the back story is, but my opinion is the judges are anti-Brendan and always have been. That was a bloody good dance.

I agree. They've always tried to shoot him down. I thought they would've got at least 4 9s for that. Sophie has loosened up considerably in the last few weeks.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 482
    Forum Member
    given the audience reaction I think Brendan is right to be peeved.