Tory benefit cut option papers leaked

HildaonplutoHildaonpluto Posts: 37,696
Forum Member
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-32084722

Breaking News as such but seems 40% of carer allowance recipients may lose out.

Comments

• InspirationInspiration Posts: 62,694
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bit of a non story really. They're just that.. options. Both main parties will need to make cuts.
  • HildaonplutoHildaonpluto Posts: 37,696
    Forum Member
    Bit of a non story really. They're just that.. options. Both main parties will need to make cuts.

Nope don't concur I think politicians should be honest about the possible options in the run up to an election and have the guts to defend their ideas and way of thinking.
  • andersonsonsonandersonsonson Posts: 6,454
    Forum Member
    What do you expect when ONLY the interest on the debt is £50bn a year, that's almost £1k per every person in the UK. That's a 1 week cruise I'm missing out on per year, just because Labour fecked our finances right up!

The tories have been handicapped throughout their time in government
  • northantsgirlnorthantsgirl Posts: 4,663
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I do get the feeling where the cuts will fall will become a big and influential part of the campaign.
  • plateletplatelet Posts: 26,358
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    taxing disability benefits is just a mind numbingly stupid idea even for the DWP
  • MattNMattN Posts: 2,534
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hmm me thinks a few Labour spin doctors are having fun.

Election starting to get nasty.
  • northantsgirlnorthantsgirl Posts: 4,663
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MattN wrote: »

Election starting to focus on the key issues don't you mean?
  • tim59tim59 Posts: 47,188
    Forum Member
    People who are paid Carer's Allowance, are already saving the country billions of pounds a year,
  • Sky_GuySky_Guy Posts: 6,859
    Forum Member
    How long has the BBC been holding on to this? released less than 24 hours after the first debate.
    Forum Member
    tim59 wrote: »
    People who are paid Carer's Allowance, are already saving the country billions of pounds a year,

Yep and if even just some of them yield under the financial pressures and give up their caring duties then watch the burden and strain on the NHS and local social care increase dramatically.
  • welshfoxywelshfoxy Posts: 6,985
    Forum Member
    Hmm me thinks a few Labour spin doctors are having fun.

How bloody hilarious!!!!!!!!! This is about issues rather than how a man eats. You lot have no shame.
  • oathyoathy Posts: 32,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    shocking set of proposals and blows out the water this "over 65's" protected
    been easier selling just the labour plan of axing winter fuel etc
  • Chirpy_ChickenChirpy_Chicken Posts: 1,740
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Removing carers allowance unless claiming universal credit and taxing disability benefit is just spiteful.

Removing contribution based jsa will hit a lot of people.

If true this is quite sad and I don't say this because of my political views
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    welshfoxy wrote: »
    How bloody hilarious!!!!!!!!! This is about issues rather than how a man eats. You lot have no shame.

I'm talking about the leaking of papers
  • welshfoxywelshfoxy Posts: 6,985
    Forum Member

So what? Should this not be out in the open? We, the electorate, own the government not the other way round.
    Forum Member

All parties indulge in leaks so your moral outrage particularly if it's partisan is misplaced.
  • TassiumTassium Posts: 31,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yet again it's going to be the very well-to-do who are completely protected by the Conservatives.

It must be a very deep-seated hatred of Labour for some people, to still vote Conservative when they are clearly planning to turn you over.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    All parties indulge in leaks so your moral outrage particularly if it's partisan is misplaced.

Just passing comment.:)

Struggle to see how some of those idea's work
  • RichievillaRichievilla Posts: 6,179
    Forum Member
    No wonder the Tories are so reticent to tell people where the latest welfare cuts are coming from. They claim that they look after people who do the right thing so that should rule out any cuts to contribution based ESA and JSA.

People in the Support Group of contribution based ESA (ie those with the most serious illnesses and disabilities) already get substantially less than those on income based ESA so to even consider stopping contribution based ESA altogether beggars belief. We already know how cruel they are by the time limiting of ESA for those in the WRAG but to take contribution based ESA away from those in the Support Group (who did the right thing, often in extremely difficult circumstances) would be nothing short of evil.

Chronically ill and seriously disabled people of working age have been battered by this government and, although we do not yet know whether these proposals will definitely happen, it seems inevitable that Cameron's Tories will continue to go after their favourite targets.
    Forum Member
    Just passing comment.:)

Struggle to see how some of those idea's work

Many of them won't work but at least we know why in recent weeks they've been reluctant to outline them.Leaving making a final decision until after the election and sticking to the script that these are just options strikes me as disingenuous and out of order in the context of an election.
  • Chirpy_ChickenChirpy_Chicken Posts: 1,740
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No wonder the Tories are so reticent to tell people where the latest welfare cuts are coming from. They claim that they look after people who do the right thing so that should rule out any cuts to contribution based ESA and JSA.

People in the Support Group of contribution based ESA (ie those with the most serious illnesses and disabilities) already get substantially less than those on income based ESA so to even consider stopping contribution based ESA altogether beggars belief. We already know how cruel they are by the time limiting of ESA for those in the WRAG but to take contribution based ESA away from those in the Support Group (who did the right thing, often in extremely difficult circumstances) would be nothing short of evil.

Chronically ill and seriously disabled people of working age have been battered by this government and, although we do not yet know whether these proposals will definitely happen, it seems inevitable that Cameron's Tories will continue to go after their favourite targets.

Evil and dispicable are the right words.
  • CLL DodgeCLL Dodge Posts: 115,625
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Targeting kids and the disabled. Way to go.
  • PrestonAlPrestonAl Posts: 10,342
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    since when do leaked documents, based around "options" constitute truth? Who leaked them? are they even real? are there any documents that say doubling of the carers allowance? Would it be reported if it was?

You've got to be pretty gullible to think leaked documents means anything more than one party smearing another.
  • MARTYM8MARTYM8 Posts: 44,710
    Forum Member
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-32084722

Breaking News as such but seems 40% of carer allowance recipients may lose out.

Shameful to attack carers if it occurred - carers save the NHS a and social services billions by their work as otherwise the state would have to do the caring.

Scrap that stupid 'let's give £3k bribes to people to fund their house deposits' scheme instead. That is due to cost £1bn a year - and is just another unnecessary middle class subsidy to bribe people to vote Tory.
  • Living4LoveLiving4Love Posts: 1,989
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As someone who needed to claim carers allowance to look after my dying mother this possible move disgusts me. Of all the benefits to cut this is one they need to keep. Its not even that high anyway. You get more a week on Job Seekers.