upgrade from n95

2»

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 253
    Forum Member
    Im due an upgrade on 02 (im on a £40 tarriff with an n95). the bloke rang the other day and said i qualified for a discount and i could have any phone i wanted.

I asked about the iphone but they wernt out at the time. Anyway, ive changed my mind and dont want an iphone now (it looks beautiful, but i dont like the fact ts just itunes).

Im keeping my n95 (well, my boyf is getting it) but i might as well get another phone if they give me one - so i was wondering what to get as my free phone? is the sony ericson 5mp cybershot one better than the n95?

or can anyone reccomend a phone for me?

Ya you can go with k850i
    Its really an awesome phone
    Only K850i compete with N95 in its range
    K850i also has 5 mega pixel camera which is much better than N95
    It can be substitute for digital camera
    K850i has excellent camera features
    - 5 mega pixels camera
    - 16x digital zoom
    - AutoFocus
    - Xenon flash
    - BestPic
    - auto rotate
    With these features you can get crystal clear sharpness with your photos
    Beside this it also have superb music and video features
    40 MB of internal memory and MicroSD memory support option
    K850i supports 3G and HSDPA. It has quad band GSM, tri band 3G connectivity and support for EDGE
    Go here for more detail about Sony Ericsson K850i
  • upnunderupnunder Posts: 2,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The K850i is a good phone, but I wouldnt say it was better then the N95.

I have the N95, and love it, very impressed with all the features, and the fact that it runs Symbian so there are loads of 3rd Party Applications I can run on it.
    GPS is really good, and I use it as Sat Nav in the car.

Camera is excellent, although the flash lets it down a bit.

WiFi is useful, as is the SIP client for VoIP calls.

Plus, I have installed the Lightsabre app on it, so it is officially cool.

Daisy, pop along to one of the many Carphone Warehouse stores in town, and they will let you have a play with all the phones and you can decide for yourself which one you want, at the end of the day, it is down to personal choice.
  • RicardodaforceRicardodaforce Posts: 8,576
    Forum Member
    Ya you can go with k850i
    Its really an awesome phone
    Only K850i compete with N95 in its range
    K850i also has 5 mega pixel camera which is much better than N95
    It can be substitute for digital camera
    K850i has excellent camera features
    - 5 mega pixels camera
    - 16x digital zoom
    - AutoFocus
    - Xenon flash
    - BestPic
    - auto rotate
    With these features you can get crystal clear sharpness with your photos
    Beside this it also have superb music and video features
    40 MB of internal memory and MicroSD memory support option
    K850i supports 3G and HSDPA. It has quad band GSM, tri band 3G connectivity and support for EDGE
    Go here for more detail about Sony Ericsson K850i

Don't forget, it takes microSD and M2 cards.
  • DaisyBumblerootDaisyBumbleroot Posts: 24,763
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for all the advice - very helpful and friendly (if a bit biased at times lol!) you mobile forum people!!!

I will have to have a play with the phones and see what I can get.

Oh, if i dont go for an upgrade, how much do you think i can milk in the way of discount from o2?
  • TheBigMTheBigM Posts: 13,125
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You could instead try negotiating with them to not give you a free phone but to lower your package price. Because your existing handset has already been paid for you are a much cheaper customer for them to hang on to and you have one of the best phones there is at the moment in the N95, it would be better if you save money by going for a cheaper price per month for the same call plan for your next contract period and then plough your saved money into the upgrade in the following contract period when vastly better phones than present will be available.
  • chocolate_boychocolate_boy Posts: 2,236
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for all the advice - very helpful and friendly (if a bit biased at times lol!) you mobile forum people!!!

I will have to have a play with the phones and see what I can get.

Oh, if i dont go for an upgrade, how much do you think i can milk in the way of discount from o2?

My mate got a great contract on O2 with an upgrade to an N95, after using mine he didn't like the N95, so instead kept it all in the packaging, and sold it on ebay, and used the money (he got around £300 for it brand new) to buy an unlocked iPhone from America, popped his simcard in and used his great new tariff they gave him to "stay with o2" lol, so good way to get a free iphone with a great tariff!