Survivor 26: Caramoan — Fans vs Favorites

Comments

• RenThrayskRenThraysk Posts: 22,728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Redmond wrote: »
    The outcome of the whole season you mean? If so, me too. Was my own fault though.

But I don't know most of the placings up until the Final 3, so I should still be able to enjoy most of it.

Nah, just the Brandon situation.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,506
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Haven't been able to watch the whole episode yet - though I did see poor Cochran's scarily swollen feet - and can't believe the result. Poor Fran. Is it that people are already looking at the end game and thinking they'd like to sit next to Phil rather than her - or was it something else? She comes across so well interviews. Just listened to her on Rhaw and there is clearly bad blood between her and Andrea - apparently they were friends off camera. I really hope Phil doesn't do well - I had more than enough of him last time. If he played crazy as a strategy, he didn't even bother to say it in the FTC next to BR - and I also hated the way he accused one of the white players of being racist for no proper reason. He and his droopy pink drawers should be confined to oblivion.
  • Yobaba**Yobaba** Posts: 4,108
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fran just plays too hard, too soon.:( Shame because everyone on her tribe liked her this time. She just backed herself into a corner and makes people nervous. She also underestimated Philip and how weirdly good he is at making people want to work alongside him.

The 'fans' tribe don't seem totally brainless this time (apart from the high school group). They seem to have a few thinkers amongst them, but the thing with the fans will be whether they can unite to take out the favourites when the time comes, and something tells me they won't be able to do that.

I see Brenda going early. She will go the way of Fran as being too strong / independent minded. Plus she voted with Fran. Crazy Hantz probably won't last either.
  • RedmondRedmond Posts: 19,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    smartie 33 wrote: »
    Just listened to her on Rhaw and there is clearly bad blood between her and Andrea - apparently they were friends off camera.

Yeah Stephen Fischbach mentioned this. Apparently Fran and Andrea are really close friends on the outside, they are part of that New York Survivor crew or whatever it is. So that was really cold of Andrea, like really cold, but I kind of like it - like Boston Rob showed all the way back in the original All Stars, there are no room for friends in Survivor.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah Stephen Fischbach mentioned this. Apparently Fran and Andrea are really close friends on the outside, they are part of that New York Survivor crew or whatever it is. So that was really cold of Andrea, like really cold, but I kind of like it - like Boston Rob showed all the way back in the original All Stars, there are no room for friends in Survivor.

Fran voted for Andrea too, so she shouldn't really complain.
  • meglosmurmursmeglosmurmurs Posts: 35,109
    Forum Member
    Yeah I'm liking cut-throat Andrea. I don't think she did anything wrong. She stated what her options were and what she felt most comfortable doing next.

I think the most successful Survivor players are the ones that manage to separate personal feeling from gameplay. When things start getting too personal, both sides lose out.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I sort of think Andrea could turn into a Parvati 2.0 type character this time, but I didn't like the way she got introduced as "flirting her way out of the game". That isn't what happened to her at all...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22,198
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :D Has anyone listened to Rob Cesternino's podcast this week?
    www.robhasawebsite.com

It's hysterical. Coach is on and I swear he's upped the crazy to compete with Phillip. Apparently he's recently got married :p except it was a "spiritual" wedding so a DIY one. They are going to have a big bash in the summer, though whether it'll be legal or not is another matter.
    He's also got a 4 year old child :eek: I never knew that.
    But, as ever, it's all about Ben Wade and how he was royally screwed over by a bitter jury and totally deserved to win his last season.
    He's full of horse manure in the philosophy stakes too. :) A little gem for every occasion. Even though his utterings make him sound as apeshit as ever.
    He really rates Cochran and thinks Brandon should have been asked back, but not yet, it's too soon. He'd probably be in a majority of two there (Probst being the second). Nobody I speak to or read wants to see a Hantz reappearance, ever!
    I got the Brandon spoiler while trawling t'internet. If it's true that's going to make for riveting telly :eek:
  • RenThrayskRenThraysk Posts: 22,728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tally wrote: »
    I got the Brandon spoiler while trawling t'internet. If it's true that's going to make for riveting telly :eek:

Yes, can't wait :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yobaba** wrote: »
    Fran voted for Andrea too, so she shouldn't really complain.

Fair point. But I think by that point Fran knew Andrea had gone against her so was left with little choice.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah I'm liking cut-throat Andrea. I don't think she did anything wrong. She stated what her options were and what she felt most comfortable doing next.

I think the most successful Survivor players are the ones that manage to separate personal feeling from gameplay. When things start getting too personal, both sides lose out.

But perhaps it was a tad too early to be so cut-throat? I haven't seen it yet as can't watch any videos on my laptop at the moment, but is there really a need to signal to the others that you're going to be so cut throat so early on in the game? Can't wait to watch it.
  • The AmbassadorThe Ambassador Posts: 5,631
    Forum Member
    It always surprises me when returning players get upset at being voted for by those they have friendships with outside the game.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Cochran might do pretty well as I heard Rob from Rob has a website say to Coach, "I'll have to ask Cochran (something) in a couple of months time." Perhaps an inadvertent slip.
    Forum Member
    smartie 33 wrote: »
    But perhaps it was a tad too early to be so cut-throat? I haven't seen it yet as can't watch any videos on my laptop at the moment, but is there really a need to signal to the others that you're going to be so cut throat so early on in the game? Can't wait to watch it.

Well she was certainly the most strategic player of the episode, but by cut-throat I mean she put personal friendships outside of the game aside in order to put herself in the best position in the game. She's now in the majority alliance, and Phillip (who is kind of the leader) knows her better than anyone else and seems to trust her. I think the only way she's screwed is if someone betrays the actual alliance.

I suppose it's just a good thing that Francesca won't be on the jury waiting for Andrea if she were to reach the end. lol
  • Gwaed WaedlydGwaed Waedlyd Posts: 5,401
    Forum Member
    I want Francesca to film her eating that rock now please!

All in all I thought it was a strong start and reminded me of earlier seasons for some reason, with the mixture of trying to survive and alliances forming.

Really dont like the cool kid club on the Fan tribe, so really rooting for Laura, Sheri and Julia to be the controlling alliance but can see Micheal and Matt joining the cool club :(

Would like to see more from Corrine and Brenda if anything
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :confused: Well that was a weird one. I think they've gathered up all the crazies and just pointed the camera.
    Shemar is an ass. Rude, obnoxious, entitled and with not a clue how to play the game. I got so fed up with his constant bickering. Maybe he's suffering PTSD after his stints in Iraq?

Strangely, I really warmed to Reynold. He did well to find the II even if his pants are too tight so his discovery didn't remain a secret for long. :) He comes across as a lot less ditzy and air headed than last week.

Talking of pants, do we really need to see Phillip putting his hands down his fuschia Y fronts and adjusting himself? I could not live with him. He's batshit insane ( as is minihantz) and assigning all of his Special Operatives names is all kinds of cuckoo. Malcolm's face when Phillip was telling him his role, was a picture. He just about managed not to laugh in his face.
    Sorry to see Ally go. She didn't deserve to. Kick idleness out. Even Jeff couldn't believe he'd been "conserving his energy" for 19 hours out of 24. Way not to play Survivor.
    I dont know what to think of this, so far. It's got potential, but while Phillip, minihantz and Shemar are there it's a real turn off.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Decent episode. If Ally was such a fan of the show like she said she would have known not to get in to a showmance on Night 1 and be naive enough to think a four person alliance would secure her position in the game.

Shemar is obnoxious and lazy but isn't a threat in any way shape or form. I liked how Sherri called him her Phillip. :D

Brandon didn't really live up his promise of going insane but I suppose there is still time for that. I like how the "Stealth R Us" alliance are all basically humouring Phillip until they need to cut his throat.

Oh and I'm really liking Laura. :)
    Forum Member
    I felt kind of bad for Allie, but her and the pretty clique made too many mistakes to not have to pay for it. You don't make a tight friendship between 4 and exclude 6 people. lol
    I'm glad one of the blondes have gone because I seriously can't tell them apart and I have really tried to. It sucks because I like Laura but still can't make out which one is her. Fortunately Hope looks slightly different to the other 2 so maybe I will be able to spot the difference between her and Laura now.

I don't mind Shamar so much, he provides some humorous moments and Sherri basically gave him the green light to be as obnoxious as possible. So he gets the benefit of the doubt from me this episode, but next week's may be pushing it a bit. I can take him and Phillip in small doses as long as it also includes some strategy, which is where Brandon falls flat for me. With him it's always about his moral crisis, just me me me me me me me me. I found myself agreeing with Phillip about him.

I'm really not a fan of Reynold. He kind of reminds me of Alex from Fiji (which is not particularly a good thing). The problem is he thinks he's so much smoother than he is. He tried to call Shamar out infront of the tribe, but Shamar knew exactly what he was doing and threw it back in his face. Then he finds the idol, but it gets seen in his pocket straight away and he's forced to reveal it at tribal council and ended up looking shady even to his alliance mates.

Right now the fans tribe seems so much more interesting than the favourites. I just hope they aren't going to over play things like the previous Fans tribe did in FvsF1.
  • WhyHelloWorldWhyHelloWorld Posts: 15,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I absolutely loved that Episode!

The girl who noticed the Idol is quite a smart cookie and i reckon she be going far!

I hate Reynold SO MUCH (that his name?) He was so sure that it was SHamar going, and the fact he was so happy he found the idol and didn't tell any of his alliance came back to haunt him! Glad it was Allie gone as she did seem like the only one with a brain in the foursome!

I'm liking the older blonde woman and the girl that noticed the idol! (Sorry, so bad with names) hah!
    Forum Member
    I absolutely loved that Episode!

The girl who noticed the Idol is quite a smart cookie and i reckon she be going far!

I hate Reynold SO MUCH (that his name?) He was so sure that it was SHamar going, and the fact he was so happy he found the idol and didn't tell any of his alliance came back to haunt him! Glad it was Allie gone as she did seem like the only one with a brain in the foursome!

I'm liking the older blonde woman and the girl that noticed the idol! (Sorry, so bad with names) hah!

Sherri - Older Lady
    Laura - Girl who called Reynold out for having idol
  • starrystarry Posts: 12,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like the start to this season. Phillip still annoys me, Brandon seems to be trying a bit too hard on camera, the fans tribe are a bit in the background. But it is far from boring, the fans tribe don't seem really stupid and there are some characters, the favourites even if they are actually more like a 'villains' tribe certainly have characters too. But Survivor is cut throat and about villains more than heroes anyway.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't have any sympathy for Allie really. It is one thing to get in a four-person alliance, but another to be so dumb as to sleep and hang-out separately, to only involve hot popular people in the clique, and to rub a showmance in everyones faces. Dumb.

From the fans I like Erik, Brenda, Andrea.

From the favourites I like Matt, Laura, Sherri.

I didn't actually enjoy the episode that much though. A bit too much Brandon / Philip / Shamar. But I think the series could be good, my own hope is that the 'strategists' make it further than the 'characters'.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yobaba** wrote: »
    I don't have any sympathy for Allie really. It is one thing to get in a four-person alliance, but another to be so dumb as to sleep and hang-out separately, to only involve hot popular people in the clique, and to rub a showmance in everyones faces. Dumb.

From the fans I like Erik, Brenda, Andrea.

From the favourites I like Matt, Laura, Sherri.

I didn't actually enjoy the episode that much though. A bit too much Brandon / Philip / Shamar. But I think the series could be good, my own hope is that the 'strategists' make it further than the 'characters'.
    Hear, hear.

I'm with you on the Laura/Sherri appreciation .Both of them seem to be way more clued up and observant than most of the "Favourites" (I always want to put a rolleyes smilie after that). minihantz and Special Agent Pinkpants will never be MY favourites. I can barely watch them.

Together with Andrea and Dawn all my picks FTW are female. Brenda and Corinne plus MCP2 (Eddie?) are getting invisible Purple Kelly edits so far, while Malcolm is most definitely not getting a winners' one. Shame, I thought he was robbed last season. :p Probably because he was very easy on the eye!
  • chrono88chrono88 Posts: 3,045
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sherri can go FAR this season. What a smart move to have Shamar as her Philip (but GOD he was annoying as hell)

Allie pulled Angie 2.0 - kinda see it coming because of the confessionals this week

Now I HOPE Reynold could make it to the merge because he is a good player

And PHILIP :o I cannot tell if I am laughing at him or with him particularly about the part with Malcolm and Andrea (Enforcer? Is this the Avengers, HELLO?)

So many players were invisible this week (like Brenda and Eddie:o)
    Forum Member
    chrono88 wrote: »
    Sherri can go FAR this season. What a smart move to have Shamar as her Philip (but GOD he was annoying as hell)

Allie pulled Angie 2.0 - kinda see it coming because of the confessionals this week

Now I HOPE Reynold could make it to the merge because he is a good player

And PHILIP :o I cannot tell if I am laughing at him or with him particularly about the part with Malcolm and Andrea (Enforcer? Is this the Avengers, HELLO?)

So many players were invisible this week (like Brenda and Eddie:o)

How is Reynold a good player? His tribe knows he has the idol now and he cant do anything with it bar stay one more tribial. The alliance of six will just split their vote 3 - 3 - 3 and vote of Eddie/Hope.