iOS 7 Today! {CHAT THREAD}

1414243444547»

Comments

• anyonefortennisanyonefortennis Posts: 111,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    clonmult wrote: »
    When doing next to nothing. My 4S will go for 3+ days when its doing nothing (apart from pulling in emails every 15 minutes).

But that isn't normal usage - at least for me. Typically at work I'll check twitter, post on facebook, listen to some music, make some calls, take a couple of pictures. Used like that, the battery life, while better on iOS 7 than it was on iOS 6 is still pretty dire. Doubtful that it would make it to a second day.

And I dare say that the 5S will likely be much better for most people.

As fun as these devices are, the battery life really isn't that good. Heck, for my usage my old BB was leagues ahead - that would go for 5 days of calls, facebook, twitter, etc. But doubt we'll be getting the option of BB when we come up for our renewals.

I use my 5s for calls, texts and gaming all the time and I still get 5 days out of the battery.
  • psionicpsionic Posts: 20,188
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I use my 5s for calls, texts and gaming all the time and I still get 5 days out of the battery.

Sadly I don't get anywhere near that on my 5s (or any other smart phone for that matter). But it is very heavily used during the day. It can easily keep charge over the weekend when I'm not using it much. But during the week, a day and half at the most. My usual habit is to top up charge it up every evening and take it off charge overnight.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 522
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    xreyuk123 wrote: »
    Try letting it run completely out of juice and doing a full charge to recalibrate the battery.

Mine was crap after the initial update, and then did this, and now my battery life is better than iOS 6.

It's okay, I'll quote this post but you'll probably just ignore it again.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    psionic wrote: »
    Sadly I don't get anywhere near that on my 5s (or any other smart phone for that matter). But it is very heavily used during the day. It can easily keep charge over the weekend when I'm not using it much. But during the week, a day and half at the most. My usual habit is to top up charge it up every evening and take it off charge overnight.

Have you let the battery completely run out like the poster above said and then recharge it? I found the battery lasted even longer when I did this.
  • psionicpsionic Posts: 20,188
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have you let the battery completely run out like the poster above said and then recharge it? I found the battery lasted even longer when I did this.

Yep - makes no difference to the hammering the phone gets during my work day.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    psionic wrote: »
    Yep - makes no difference to the hammering the phone gets during my work day.

I don't use my phone for internet so maybe that's why my battery lasts longer.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,367
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The text-based weather information in the Notification Centre keeps adding the word 'conditions' where it isn't appropriate. Earlier I had 'thunderstorms conditions' and now I have 'showers conditions'. Very, very annoying.
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've actually found the 7.0.3 update has hugely improved my battery life. I don't think my usage has drastically changed, but the battery has passed a full day by some hours a few times now.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've actually found the 7.0.3 update has hugely improved my battery life. I don't think my usage has drastically changed, but the battery has passed a full day by some hours a few times now.

For me too. I will need to charge very soon (I'm on 6%) but I've got eight hours of actual usage, and 21 hours since the last charge.
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For me too. I will need to charge very soon (I'm on 6%) but I've got eight hours of actual usage, and 21 hours since the last charge.

I'm currently on 17 hours standby, 5 hours usage and still have 25% left. I suppose since I won't be using it overnight, I could have around 1 day, 5 hours or so by the time i get out tomorrow morning.

and i could likely hit 8 or 9 hours actual use as well by the time it runs out. great stuff :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 522
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mine was at 20% on 18 hours standby and 8 hours 45 mins usage today.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Twitter for iPhone was updated yesterday. Does it include background app refresh? Does it hell.

Background app refresh is becoming as mythical as notification sync. It's still the case that I get notifications, then have to wait for the app to load them when I open it.

WhatsApp has an iOS 7 app arriving imminently. I bet that won't support it either.

EDIT: Don't forget, Facebook and Twitter are two of the services integrated into iOS. Yet neither of them support background app refresh. It just does not work as made out during the iOS 7 demonstration.