BT installation

BT - THE IDIOTS

I have just moved into a house that already has a phone line in it. After telling them this and having an engineer on site they still say I need a technician to visit for the cost of £125.

The phone line still had dial tone till up to a week ago!!!

All thats needed is the old network details reassigning and the data on the switch needs changing to match the old equipment and BINGO! It really isnt hard and something that Telewest do all the time.

Anyone can help?

Comments

• Beavis99Beavis99 Posts: 851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Maybe give them another call and hopefully you'll get through to someone who's abit more competant. Failing that, escalate it to 2nd line or manager level, it really shouldn't be that hard!

B
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 482
    Forum Member
    Surely that can't be right? :confused:

There was a 'phone line in at this flat when I moved in, had BT on the box plate, rang them - explained I had just moved in, did a credit check, and the line was connected within three hours!

As Beavis99 says, I'd get on to them again, and hope for someone a little more knowledgeable.

I suppose it is possible that there maybe a fault with the equipment maybe? It still doesn't seem right to me though, especially after my own experience.

As a matter of interest, did you tell them there was a dial tone on the line? I did as I had tried an old 'phone in it, just wondered if that might have made any difference? :confused:
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why not tell BT that you refuse to invest in expanding their system and then get onto TW/NTL (or whatever they call themselves this week) and get the job done for nowt? :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 32
    Forum Member
    i would do but its nto ntl/telewest area.

rang back to bt, several times and eventually got to speak to one guy with half a brain in his head (they do employ one such being, at least).

He said he will sort out the install for me over the phone in the next 24hrs for no charge. Finally!