Girls Aloud - New Single - Children In Need 2012

Comments

• joeseeksjoeseeks Posts: 1,022
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Indeed. Not only does a stritcly performance draw in almost as many viewers as XF but the Weblemy show usually gets a few more viewers. They will also be able to have more production value for the performance - meaning it'll have just as much a wow-factor as any XF performance. Fingers crossed R1 will A-list it.
  • mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,916
    Forum Member
    Listening to Something New again. It's really grown on me and I didn't expect it to.
  • KieranDSKieranDS Posts: 16,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They need to keep the promo up in the week as well, but I doubt they will...
  • rodenboyrodenboy Posts: 572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ^^^ They'd be fools not to. They're on BBC breakfast tomorrow at 6.50, 7.50 and 8.50 and they're also on Radio 1 Breakfast show at some point I've been told.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Also, a three part documentary celebrating the ten years has been commissioned by ITV, so that will give them some promo too!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 350
    Forum Member
    It's actually a 90 minute one off documentary that airs on 2nd December.
  • BrokenArrowBrokenArrow Posts: 21,665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    joeseeks wrote: »
    www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b01p2n8t - girls aloud confirmed for a strictly performance in the wembley arena show - just 48 after the big Childeren in Need performance!

Isn't the main audience of Strictly over 65's ?

I don't think they are going to be that interested in Girls Aloud for some reason.
  • wonderwall2012wonderwall2012 Posts: 306
    Forum Member
    Isn't the main audience of Strictly over 65's ?

I don't think they are going to be that interested in Girls Aloud for some reason.

I thought the same, X Factor may get less overall viewers but its viewers are the demographic likely to buy a Girls Aloud record.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 350
    Forum Member
    The X Factor has a younger audience but Strictly nevertheless attracts the second largest number of young viewers, they can make up the difference through other appearances such as their interview on Radio 1 tomorrow. They will be performing at Wembley Arena for Strictly which allows for a bigger performance.
  • blueface2222blueface2222 Posts: 2,997
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I dont think over 65's would go to Wembley in their droves so they'll still reach 10,000 younger people at Strictly. Strictly are up so... i'd much rather have the big Wembley Strictly stage which will make for an epic performance than X Factor's small little studio....XF performances aren't as special as they used to be.

Had the song on repeat now, it's grown on me even more so now.

Number 1 is what this deserves.
    Who's buying? I am.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    https://twitter.com/R1Breakfast/status/267902124921348096/photo/1

All 5 girls with Nick Grimshaw this morning.
  • tracystapestracystapes Posts: 3,309
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm looking forward to the documentary.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-nr-ox0DX0
    Girls Aloud interview from BBC Breakfast this morning.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The girls in the R1 photo booth with Nick
    http://i.imgur.com/FaMVh.jpg
  • Littlegreen42Littlegreen42 Posts: 19,963
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So according to BBC Breakfast Something New is out on Friday?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Girls Aloud are doing Capital FM's Jingle Bell Ball.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pierson wrote: »
    It's actually a 90 minute one off documentary that airs on 2nd December.

Is this confirmed? The article I read on ITV was that the first episode would focus on the band up until the hiatus, the second being the solo projects and the third being the reunion. It was definitely on the ITV website no more than a couple of weeks ago.
  • joeseeksjoeseeks Posts: 1,022
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Apparently the single is released on Friday and not Sunday...Goodbye possible number 1...
  • glyn9799glyn9799 Posts: 7,391
    Forum Member
    KieranDS wrote: »
    The girls in the R1 photo booth with Nick
    http://i.imgur.com/FaMVh.jpg

Had Nicola had enough by the 4th photo :D I enjoyed the interview mind.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Girls Aloud are premiering a new song tomorrow.

First play of #BeautifulCauseYouLoveMe is on @BBCRadio2 tomorrow at 11.30
  • tracystapestracystapes Posts: 3,309
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    KieranDS wrote: »
    Girls Aloud are premiering a new song tomorrow.

First play of #BeautifulCauseYouLoveMe is on @BBCRadio2 tomorrow at 11.30

Odd that it's radio 2 but all the same I can't wait!
  • MrJamesMrJames Posts: 8,127
    Forum Member
    I swear the soldiers seem to disapear when it comes to Girls Aloud...

Good! We don't need a truck load of annoying teenage girls.
  • wonderwall2012wonderwall2012 Posts: 306
    Forum Member
    Apparently the single is released on Friday and not Sunday...Goodbye possible number 1...

I think Olly would have had it in the bag anyway.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 330
    Forum Member
    Unigal07 wrote: »
    If Little Mix or The Saturdays released this, they would be slated to high heaven. It's only because it's GA that anybody is giving it a listen. It's truly awful.

Little mix maybe, The saturdays? **** NO lol
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 330
    Forum Member
    Pierson wrote: »
    If This Is Love sampled Yazoo so that's a very different case. Something New doesn't sample any of The Saturdays' songs, it sounds similar because it were produced by the same people. My point was that Something New isn't at all different to The Saturdays' Xenomania songs. There's a perception that Girls Aloud are miles ahead of The Saturdays in terms of music (which they are because they've been produced by one production team throughout most of their career and has given them consistency) but this time round, Girls Aloud's song was crafted using elements that worked in The Saturdays' songs rather than the other way round.

The Saturdays' most successful era was also Girls Aloud's most successful era so perhaps The Saturdays would have been more successful if Girls Aloud had stuck around. They compliment each other and created a proper pop scene that has fallen apart over the years. Girls Aloud always had Sugababes but up until recently there was only one girlband on the scene and so there was less of a market for pop acts in general.

Girls Aloud's number ones didn't come without some help. Their first came from the back of a successful reality TV show. Their other number ones were charity singles and then The Promise came at their peak with Cheryl on The X Factor judging panel. The Saturdays have been unlucky in that respect, their charity single outsold Walk This Way but still didn't reach #1.

I really don't think there's a clear cut Best Girlband. They've both been developed in different ways in order to make themselves different from one another. 2008/2009 was a lot of fun since Girls Aloud and The Saturdays alternated with their single releases so we had single after single from both of them. I hope Girls Aloud releases a decent number of singles so we can get that rotation going again and create a bit more excitement around pop.

lol not being a bitch or anything, but don't care what u say, girls aloud will always be better then the saturdays in styling,image and performing wise, maybe not the voice but definitely waaaay better in performing sexy and sassy routines, plus the saturdays are getting very boring,generic pop and predictable.