Options

cancelled single releases

13»

Comments

• Options
    Mark-AnthonyMark-Anthony Posts: 572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Good to be gone was going to be released after Easy from Sugababes greatest hits but they cancelled it to do the dreadful Walk This Way with Girls Aloud
  • Options
    nw0307nw0307 Posts: 10,924
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sia was due to release a song from her debut album many years ago. It was called "Blow it all Away" and was a brilliant track. Definite hit material. However it got cancelled due to the second Gulf war breaking out that week.
  • Options
    cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    robjames69 wrote: »
    It really bugs me that Girl Thing think that their version of P&S would have been a huge #1 - it was #1 because Hear'Say released it as their debut single. They could have easily released one of their covers Monday Monday or Bridge Over Troubled Water and it would have still sold buckets!

To be honest, it wouldn't have mattered what song Hear'say had released, it would still have sold. They could have released a single of themselves whistling and it would have still been No 1 because of the hype over the Popstars TV show at the time. I loved Hear'say when they were around but looking back I realise how crap they really were.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,734
    Forum Member
    Stuart1000 wrote: »
    It was never planned as their third single, a song called 'So You Wanna Have Sex?' was planned but was cancelled when the band were dropped.
    Just as well. What an awful title!

Why does it sound to me like something that ought to be recorded by Alan Partridge? :o:D
  • Options
    misslibertinemisslibertine Posts: 14,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why does it sound to me like something that ought to be recorded by Alan Partridge? :o:D

That's exactly how it sounds.
  • Options
    Hav_mor91Hav_mor91 Posts: 17,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Get Back was meant to be released as the lead from Britney's Blackout but Gimme More was released instead and Get Back stuck as a bonus track on certain editions of the album when the sing should really have been a single in it's right.
  • Options
    cf80cf80 Posts: 180
    Forum Member
    Makson wrote: »
    The huge irony in all this being that Please Stay got released as its replacement......a song that was a million times more camp and pigeon-holing than YDNY:blush:

Ain't that the truth! I won't pass comment on the video either.

It always puzzled me why they didn't go with 'Disco Down' instead of 'Please Stay'. I can only presume that contractual obligations to the writers meant that they had to release one of the Richard Stannard/Julian Gallagher tracks and they went with 'Please Stay'.
  • Options
    dd68dd68 Posts: 17,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I understood that Holding back the rivers of time was going to be a GA single
  • Options
    spikeyrobertospikeyroberto Posts: 767
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    may aswell add Eliza Doolittle - Walking On Water to the list then. This was meant to be released about 2 months ago
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pixie Lott cancelled 'Can't Make This Over' in Christmas 2010.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pixie Lott cancelled 'Can't Make This Over' in Christmas 2010.
  • Options
    cliffy91cliffy91 Posts: 1,462
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Honky Tonk Angel by Cliff Richard
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 128
    Forum Member
    Girls Aloud were supposed to release 'You Freak Me Out' from their debut, even performing the song on TOTP.
  • Options
    KevinessKeviness Posts: 2,174
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    B*Witched - Where Will You Go?
    Lead single from the 3rd album, but they were dropped.
  • Options
    Mark-AnthonyMark-Anthony Posts: 572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JCJ94 wrote: »
    Girls Aloud were supposed to release 'You Freak Me Out' from their debut, even performing the song on TOTP.

They also performed it on CDUK but they performed Girls Allowed on CDUK too but I don't think that was a planned single
  • Options
    Bobby_MarzBobby_Marz Posts: 2,576
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CHERYL
    screw you - announced but never released as she got back with GA

Stand Up and Yeah Yeah - not actually announced thou
  • Options
    rodenboyrodenboy Posts: 572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not sure if these have been mentioned before.

Girls Aloud's Wicked Game was supposed to be released instead of Long Hot Summer, which was released to coincide with the Herbie Fully Loaded film, but then the track was dropped from the soundtrack anyway.

Close To love and Girl Overboard were considered as third single from Tangled Up before they settled on Can't Speak French. Fans speculate that the girls / record company decided to always play it safe after the unprecedented success of Call The Shots hence why every subsequent release (until 2012) was always mid tempo and generally radio friendly in comparison to their earlier stuff.

If Ya Wanna Roll was intended as the second release from GA but was dumped in favour of No Good Advice and never saw the light of day.

Some Kind of Miracle was due to be the fourth single, being dropped in favour of Jump.

Androgynous Girls was originally their first single from What Will The Neighbours Say but was dropped in favour of The Show and can now be found as the B-Side to Love Machine.

When The Promise was released, three of the girls (including Nicola) wanted this as their lead single, two of them wanted The Loving Kind. In the end, they released that anyway.

Finally, Models was due for a May 2006 release to coincide with the Chemistry tour, but this idea was scrapped.
  • Options
    Zack06Zack06 Posts: 28,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Alexandra Burke announced The Silence as the 3rd single from Overcome. But Syco swapped it for All Night Long (featuring Pitbull). She later released a newer version of The Silence to promote the deluxe version of Overcome.

She was also contracted to release Tonight (featuring DJ Smash) from her 2nd album Heartbreak On Hold, but the release was later cancelled.