Options

Doctor Blake Mysteries

MeridaMerida Posts: 2,282
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Craig McLachlan has come a long way since the days of Henry Ramsay. Definitely a man who falls into the category of growing into a handsome man. The show is quite watchable too.

http://www.abc.net.au/tv/doctorblake/characters/Lucien.htm

Comments

• Options
    MishcollMishcoll Posts: 12,799
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Loved the first series when it was shown last year - also enjoying this 2nd series aswell - its a great show
  • Options
    GillypootsGillypoots Posts: 6,823
    Forum Member
    I also loved the first series. I'm currently recording the new episodes and will binge on them over the weekend!
  • Options
    stud u likestud u like Posts: 42,100
    Forum Member
    I am enjoying this series as much as I enjoyed the last series. I saw how expensive the DVDs are, so am pressing record on my television for the first time this week.

I am also watching "A Place To Call Home".
  • Options
    80sfan80sfan Posts: 18,522
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Merida wrote: »
    Craig McLachlan has come a long way since the days of Henry Ramsay. Definitely a man who falls into the category of growing into a handsome man. The show is quite watchable too.

http://www.abc.net.au/tv/doctorblake/characters/Lucien.htm

I completely agree! I couldn't believe it was him at first ;-)

I actually think he's more handsome now than in his Neighbours days
  • Options
    saralundsaralund Posts: 3,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The first series, I couldn't quite believe it WAS Henry from Neighbours. He's clearly much younger than the character he's playing - I'm always amused how they give him an oversize waistcoat to disguise the fact that he's got a slim, youthful figure!

Nice series, though - glad it's back.
  • Options
    IJoinedInMayIJoinedInMay Posts: 26,324
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm enjoying it too. The scene from Tuesday, whilst relevant to the plot, in which Dr Blake and his wife sang was incongruous with the usual atmosphere of the show. Odd but nice.
  • Options
    saralundsaralund Posts: 3,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's his housekeeper, :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    saralund wrote: »
    She's his housekeeper, :)

Whoops! They do seem rather close.
  • Options
    mikebukmikebuk Posts: 18,791
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The dark haired girl involved in the naughty films today was Dena Kaplin, the older sister of Ariel who plays Imogen in Neighbours.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    mikebuk wrote: »
    The dark haired girl involved in the naughty films today was Dena Kaplin, the older sister of Ariel who plays Imogen in Neighbours.

A better one than yesterday. I had to delete yesterday's recording as it sent me to sleep.
  • Options
    Mrs SprattMrs Spratt Posts: 4,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am absolutely loving this. I can't believe how "Henry" has matured into such a great actor and I love the stories and the other characters as well.

Have to say I'm concerned about the death rate in Ballarat, for a small town they seem to be losing a lot of inhabitants either through murder or being arrested for murder!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    One lousy episode and all the others have been fantastic. It was lovely to see Lammingtons.
  • Options
    gurney-sladegurney-slade Posts: 29,655
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    saralund wrote: »
    The first series, I couldn't quite believe it WAS Henry from Neighbours. He's clearly much younger than the character he's playing - I'm always amused how they give him an oversize waistcoat to disguise the fact that he's got a slim, youthful figure!

Nice series, though - glad it's back.

I also thought he was playing way above his age but we learned in today's episode that he was ten when his mother died forty years ago, and according to Wiki, Craig M is forty-nine! Hard to believe!

For anyone who missed the first series, it's being repeated at the same time starting next week.
  • Options
    Hamlet77Hamlet77 Posts: 22,440
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    B****y h**l, Henry from neighbours, good grief, thought I recognised the name of the actor didn't really look too hard on IMDb, that'll teach me.

I have enjoyed these recent episodes, noticed next week they are repeating series one, chance to catch up. No info on IMDb about series 3 though, any news when we can expect it here? And what's it about, as according to the cast list they replace the junior policeman again, what excuse can they come up with this time.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm glad too the first series is getting shown again. I only started watching from this series, I'd never heard of it, was my mum who said I'd like it. I'm thoroughly enjoying it. The obvious attraction aside, I think it's very well written. For being a one hour murder whodunnit, Blake is quite a deep character and there's lots of mileage outside of the hourly story.
  • Options
    HeWhoIsHereHeWhoIsHere Posts: 86
    Forum Member
    There is another thread for this show: http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1913596&page=3&highlight=blake+mysteries

Maybe they could be merged?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does anyone else find Mattie to be annoying?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does anyone else find Mattie to be annoying?

No, can't say I do. Why do you find her annoying? I think her character could be developed a bit more.

An online search shows that Series 3 is almost finishing filming. Here's hoping we won't be waiting another year to see it here in the UK!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Merida wrote: »
    No, can't say I do. Why do you find her annoying? I think her character could be developed a bit more.

An online search shows that Series 3 is almost finishing filming. Here's hoping we won't be waiting another year to see it here in the UK!

I guess I find her character to be a bit too sharp with her comments. It's like they're hammering home the fact she's a modern (well, by that period's standards), strong female to the point where it's annoying. The housekeeper is also a strong character but she doesn't rub me up the wrong way like Mattie does.
  • Options
    TrishaSTrishaS Posts: 3,181
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm loving this, some great stories and very well acted, I'm a little bit in love with Dr Blake :blush:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Series 3 has just finished filming. It'll presumably be some time before we see it here, well into next year I would imagine.

Just been catching up with series 1 there. What's thoughts on the journalist, her that got killed off in series 2. Did she genuinely like Blake or was she just using him to get stories?