Leona Lewis on Daybreak singing.......car crash TV

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,691
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I disagree. I think Leona comes in for a shocking amount of flak on these boards but when I mention her offline people usually say how good/nice she is.

I am struggling to see how she is going to resurrect a career that has been in the doldrums for the last 4 years. She may well be a nice person, but clearly she is struggling to appeal to the public audience - there must be some aspect of her singing/performance that people don't like. It is easy to blame others (her management, etc), but really if you appeal to people then really the management are surely likely to have little effect on her record sales, ie. you are easy to sell and you just need to ensure that she is advised to get the right exposure. Sure she will get on X Factor (hardly unlikely given she was born on the show), but the simple fact that in 2 of the biggest record markets - the US & the UK - her last album failed to register.
  • jude007jude007 Posts: 2,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Michelle32 wrote: »
    I am struggling to see how she is going to resurrect a career that has been in the doldrums for the last 4 years. She may well be a nice person, but clearly she is struggling to appeal to the public audience - there must be some aspect of her singing/performance that people don't like. It is easy to blame others (her management, etc), but really if you appeal to people then really the management are surely likely to have little effect on her record sales, ie. you are easy to sell and you just need to ensure that she is advised to get the right exposure. Sure she will get on X Factor (hardly unlikely given she was born on the show), but the simple fact that in 2 of the biggest record markets - the US & the UK - her last album failed to register.

So true!!
  • DinosaurusDinosaurus Posts: 361
    Forum Member

If her career has been in the "doldrums" for the last 4 years, can you please let the radio stations know! They for some absurd reason have contradicted everything you just said! I mean how dare they play her new song, how dare BBCR1 have One More Sleep as track of the day, how bloody dare BBCR2 make her album their "album of the week"! Surely they are wrong and you are right??

Oh and PS They never released Glassheart in the USA so to say it never registered is
  • SoeplepelSoeplepel Posts: 24,982
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Yes ok, let's stop because it's getting embarrassing for you. She never released in US. Your ignorance is killing me and it makes you look stupid.

She changed management team and is totally slaying with her promo at the moment.

GH promo? Small radio tour, XF performance, Daybreak, This morning

CWL promo?
    J Leno..Tonight show.. US
    Neil Fox
    Claudia Winkelman
    X Factor US Finall
    Text Santa
    Today show
    MTV
    VH1
    Music choice
    Energy Stars For Free (done)
    G-A-Y (done)
    Daybreak (Done)

Dec 4th Rockefella
    Dec 5th Kelly and Micheal
    Dec 7th Graham Norton Radio show
    Dec 8th X factor (One More Sleep) Xtra-factor performance 8th Dec (White Christmas)
    Dec 13th This Morning (One More Sleep) + Daybreak (Wish it Could Be Xmas)
    Dec 14th Jonathan Ross (Wish it could be Xmas)
    Dec 18th Surprise Surprise

You see.. Don't tell me it's not the management to blame when clearly it is. Modest was crap but her new team is brilliant.

Michelle I'm not sure how many times I still have to clock your ass but just so you know.. I will again next time.

Leona has a tour, 5th album and first movie out all in next year. She won't leave anytime soon and if you think that an artist is done after 1 underperforming album :o
  • Lewist123Lewist123 Posts: 13
    Forum Member
    Yeah, small studios like that never produce very good sound - she's have probably been better doing a slower song to avoid the loud backing track. I'm looking forward to her performance on x factor next week though, got a feeling it could be good!
  • trevor tigertrevor tiger Posts: 37,996
    Forum Member
    paulbax wrote: »
    Car crash? Far from it! Her vocals were amazing and she looked like she was having such a good time!
    I uploaded both the interview and performance onto YouTube, so you can judge for yourself -
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X4dm5fJx-6c

:eek: Wow, just wow :eek: That was truly awful. Though I can tell a lot of that was out of her control why is she singing such a stupid Christmas song anyway :confused: Surely she has more class than this.
  • paulbaxpaulbax Posts: 2,478
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :eek: Wow, just wow :eek: That was truly awful. Though I can tell a lot of that was out of her control why is she singing such a stupid Christmas song anyway :confused: Surely she has more class than this.
    So dramatic :rolleyes:.
    It is by no means "awful", her vocals were amazing for 8am and her little dance routine was cute and appropriate for the song. She is also singing this song because it is from her Christmas album "Christmas, With Love" which is released today.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

"truly awful" , y'all better not stan for Rihanna, Ke$ha or God knows which auto tuned singer because that will make my night tbh.

That was not awful at all
  • fireemblemcrazefireemblemcraze Posts: 7,436
    Forum Member

Wow...what's wrong with singing a Christmas song? And out of her control? What on earth are you talking about? Leona was brilliant, she managed all of her classic runs and she was in tune throughout. Those backing singers ruined it slightly. But the routine was cute.

I swear no one has a good thing to say about anyone on this board ever anymore...what is going on? :eek:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wow...what's wrong with singing a Christmas song? And out of her control? What on earth are you talking about? Leona was brilliant, she managed all of her classic runs and she was in tune throughout. Those backing singers ruined it slightly. But the routine was cute.

I swear no one has a good thing to say about anyone on this board ever anymore...what is going on? :eek:

Cause last time I looked it not "The Leona Lewis Appreciation" and if some of us were not that keen on the song or her singing then we have the right to say so.

Just in the same way that you have the right to say how wonderful she is.

Unfortuntely there are certain people on this thread who basically slag anyone off who dares to say anything against her.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jude007 wrote: »
    Cause last time I looked it not "The Leona Lewis Appreciation" and if some of us were not that keen on the song or her singing then we have the right to say so.

Just in the same way that you have the right to say how wonderful she is.

Unfortuntely there are certain people on this thread who basically slag anyone off who dares to say anything against her.

Unless you have nothing positive to say about Leona. Just like you boo boo <3 You'll remain pressed and mad about Leona, she's currently #10 and has had 0 TV promotion so far. Take a seat because this is gonna be a wild ride!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Soeplepel wrote: »
    Unless you have nothing positive to say about Leona. Just like you boo boo <3 You'll remain pressed and mad about Leona, she's currently #10 and has had 0 TV promotion so far. Take a seat because this is gonna be a wild ride!

So its all going to kick off for her now!!!

She won the X Factor years ago, if it was going to get any bigger for her it would have happen then!!!

Yes, she will probably have a few hits and a couple of tunes in the Top 10 for a few years. But that will be it, if you think she is going have world domination!!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

She won the X Factor years ago, if it was going to get any bigger for her it would have happen then!!!

Yes, she will probably have a few hits and a couple of tunes in the Top 10 for a few years. But that will be it, if you think she is going have world domination!!!

Bookmark this page and come back in couple of weeks <3

Album: Christmas, With Love
    #3 Slovenia
    #8 Slovakia
    #10 United Kingdom
    #14 Indonesia
    #14 Thailand
    #15 Brunei Darussalam
    #16 Qatar
    #16 Vietnam
    #17 Malaysia
    #18 Nigeria
    #19 Ireland
    #24 Hong Kong
    #25 Macau
    #25 Spain
    #25 Switzerland
    #27 Hungary
    #30 United Arab Emirates
    #32 Singapore
    #36 Norway
    #46 Bulgaria
    #58 Czech Republic
    #67 Finland
    #79 Taiwan
    #106 Austria
    #134 Chile
    #144 South Africa
    #158 France
    #197 Belgium
    #205 Sweden
    #208 Estonia
    #250 Germany
    #259 Philippines
    #377 Netherlands
  • paulbaxpaulbax Posts: 2,478
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Are you trying to say that Leona has never had ANY major success since the X Factor? 28 million records sold and a US number 1 single say otherwise! Keep talking about her though, it works like free promo ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    paulbax wrote: »
    Are you trying to say that Leona has never had ANY major success since the X Factor? 28 million records sold and a US number 1 single say otherwise! Keep talking about her though, it works like free promo ;)

Did I say that!!!

Alright then when was her last number one here or in America.

When did her last album go straight to number one either here or in America.

She did have success after the first year, but her time to go Global has passed.

Maybe I' am wrong and if Leona is selling out major arenas here and in the US, Australia etc in the next year then I will hold by hands up but unfortuntely none of us can see the future
  • kleinzachkleinzach Posts: 994
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Classic runs? The gratuitous use of these 'classic runs' was completely unmusical. An occasional use of them is fine but it was nearly every phrase.
  • jazzydrury3jazzydrury3 Posts: 27,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No way was that car crash, it was happy and jolly and how christmas songs are meant to be.

Im guessing most of you, wouldnt appreciate the novelty songs from the 70's and 80's
  • mysty211mysty211 Posts: 4,935
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The backing track was drowning her out a little it was way too loud but it was okay.
  • AmazingAmazing Posts: 1,541
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think how a novelty Xmas album performs will give a true reflection of the state of Leona's career. That will only become clear when she releases her next studio album.
  • big danbig dan Posts: 7,878
    Forum Member
    Oh dear, if anythings a car crash its watching the embarrassing little children unable to handle any criticism of their St Leona going into automatic 'stan defence mode'. Grow up and accept not everybody likes or shares optimism for your idol fgs.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    big dan wrote: »
    Oh dear, if anythings a car crash its watching the embarrassing little children unable to handle any criticism of their St Leona going into automatic 'stan defence mode'. Grow up and accept not everybody likes or shares optimism for your idol fgs.

Your being very brave!!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    big dan wrote: »

The irony calling us little children but ends his sentence with "fgs".

I accept everyone's opinion about Leona because not everyone is gonna like her but being so desperate to start a thread saying it was a total car crash is just plain embarrassing as it was a good performance.
    And let's not talk about the pressed and mad members here who will always put Leona down as they're jealous they haven't accomplished anything in their life so far.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The irony calling us little children but ends his sentence with "fgs".

I accept everyone's opinion about Leona because not everyone is gonna like her but being so desperate to start a thread saying it was a total car crash is just plain embarrassing as it was a good performance.
    And let's not talk about the pressed and mad members here who will always put Leona down as they're jealous they haven't accomplished anything in their life so far.

And there we go!!!!

You talk about putting Leona down and then you go and put everyone else down who dares to say anything against her.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And there we go!!!!

You talk about putting Leona down and then you go and put everyone else down who dares to say anything against her.

I don't, but trolls like you I do. You haven't been saying anything positive about Leona. You're thirsty for attention hence you're checking this thread everyday, which is weird as you don't like Leona :rolleyes: Hyprocite at its highest level.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't, but trolls like you I do. You haven't been saying anything positive about Leona. You're thirsty for attention hence you're checking this thread everyday, which is weird as you don't like Leona :rolleyes: Hyprocite at its highest level.

Why do I need to say anything positive about her. Its NOT the appreciation thread!!!!

So bugger off!!!