Recordings made in Non-Feesat Mode?

sealionsealion Posts: 240
Forum Member
I am looking for a new multi satellite receiver to replace my Duolabs QBox.

Can anyone comment regarding the recording of HD and SD of satellite channels on a FTA receiver.

Ideally I would like to archive off then on to a PC for storage (and maybe editing). I understand there may be problems with encryption but I have been told this doesn't affect recordings made in Non-Freesat mode.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,332
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Even though I work for Humax it is best for me to be as honest as possible here:

Although the Humax freesat boxes are great: on the Humax Freesat boxes the non-freesat mode isn't the best FTA recorder out there, non-Freesat recording is very much an auxiliary function.
  • sealionsealion Posts: 240
    Forum Member
    Bob_Cat wrote: »
    Even though I work for Humax it is best for me to be as honest as possible here:

Although the Humax freesat boxes are great: on the Humax Freesat boxes the non-freesat mode isn't the best FTA recorder out there, non-Freesat recording is very much an auxiliary function.

That's a shame because I had a Humax some while ago and I was quite impressed but my interests have grown and I want to go down the motorised Multi-satellite route once again.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 152
    Forum Member
    I would echo Bobs thoughts. The Humax (HDR) is an excellent freesat reciever, but a pain in FTA.
    For straying further afield, I have a Vu+ Duo (other FTA recievers are available), fed by sats at 28, 19 and 13. One epg, no HD recording problems - not being a freesat box it just ignores the freesat encryption.
    As it is 'my' epg it does require a little maintenance to keep it up to date with chanel changes etc. It does more on my network than I have discovered yet.
    You may find better information on the internet as there is a whole 'world-of-satellite' of information there. Hope this helps.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    From Humax I do love our iCord models, but they don't support the Freesat EPG, however they do support TVTV signalling for other countries. The iCord is not generally available in the UK because of its lack of support for Freesat.

Bob
  • sealionsealion Posts: 240
    Forum Member
    Thank you both for replies.

To answer (maybe) KaySea's problem with channel changes, I have always found the Vhannibal settings a great help. (Do a Google).

Bob........Is the I.Cord on sale through Amazon not the same product you are alluding to?
    Forum Member
    Because I love the HDR, I actually set out to buy an iCord - but Humax direct told me they couldn't sell me one!
    Perhaps have a word? You could of sold one to me and sealion looks like a possible... :)
    Forum Member
    sealion wrote: »

To answer (maybe) KaySea's problem with channel changes, I have always found the Vhannibal settings a great help. (Do a Google).

Thanks - actually that was just to say any solution is a little more complex, in case you were expecting plug and play.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I see an Amazon Marketplace person in Germany is selling the iCord Mini, this is probably the better model, don't be confused by the "Mini" nomenclature, it is just newer and smaller.

There are all sorts of commercial reasons we don't sell the iCord range in the UK, amongst other reasons: partly it is a support issue (our call centre team isn't staffed to look after non-UK products) and mainly it is the small demand which makes logistics difficult (when we import a pallet and don't sell it all then it takes up warehouse space and we have to clear the stock at a loss).