24: Live Another Day [US Pace]

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 503
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rich_L wrote: »
    If Heller isn't dead and Jack is indeed in on it, why did we need to go all through the crap of Heller saying 'times up Jack' and all the stuff about the Presidential pardon he has given to Jack?

If Jacks in on it, then there was no need for any of that.

Because Jack didn't know he was gonna save Heller to the very last minute?
  • koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    LOL Yes I was right. The old 'cloned and repeated footage' trick.

Good on Jack for throwing the trash out of the window.
  • FrankieFixerFrankieFixer Posts: 11,530
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Margot Al-Harazi should have watched Speed and learned the old video on a loop ruse. Quite a good episode and was nice to see the defenestration of the remaining Al-Harazi family by Jack. I laughed when Margot went flying.
  • Rich_LRich_L Posts: 6,110
    Forum Member
    Her 'Red Wedding' death was still much, much better.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That was one of the best episodes yet :O

I let out a little gasp when Jack threw Margot out the window

I hope Cross isn't a genuine terrorist, and is still the middleman. Someone paying him to cause some havoc? I wonder what Chloe's going to think though.

God I hate Navarro.
  • TheBigMTheBigM Posts: 13,125
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jack is an asshole, why the hell should one man's life be worth the destruction of London even if he was POTUS.

Not only would he be risking the lives of thousands (millions) of Londoners, the knock-on impact of taking out the world's largest/second-largest International Financial Centre and the centre of the UK economy would have impacts across Europe and the rest of the world.

He's just trying to get back into Audrey's pants tbh.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    CTU could probably round up a lot of the world's terrorists just by holding a few rounds of job interviews.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    CTU could probably round up a lot of the world's terrorists just by holding a few rounds of job interviews.

Thats actually the plot to Day 10 :D
  • Yoshi FanYoshi Fan Posts: 13,913
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cross' constant reassurance that he's just the middleman means there's got to be a big bad still to be revealed. Mark is my suspicion at the moment.

I cheered when Jack hurtled Margot out of the window...one of the best 24 moments by far.:D
  • MarkynottsMarkynotts Posts: 5,255
    Forum Member
    Margot dispatched in a suitable manner, and no one questioned Jack as to why she "fell" to her death.

I loved the Prime Minsters face when Heller said "I know that you would do the same for me" - erm yes Mister President our weasel Prime Minister will be found cowering behind a wall.

All in all, a good episode - but why didn't Jack just shout up and ask for a lock down to stop Navarro? I guess there will be some heartache for Chloe to come when she realises that the man she loves is just working for himself and will probably try and sell the device to the Russians
  • james_W85james_W85 Posts: 4,099
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    when did jack become so cold, actively
    killing someone like he did with margot he'd have never done that in previous series, what happened to facing justice for their crimes like he always believed in
  • koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Markynotts wrote: »
    Margot dispatched in a suitable manner, and no one questioned Jack as to why she "fell" to her death.

Especially with her hands tied behind her back. :)
  • caz06caz06 Posts: 849
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've got a funny feeling
    jack will be captured by the Russians and Day 10 will focus on Kate Morgan trying to free him
  • CD93CD93 Posts: 13,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    james_W85 wrote: »
    when did jack become so cold, actively
    killing someone like he did with margot he'd have never done that in previous series, what happened to facing justice for their crimes like he always believed in

Seasons 1-8. IIRC, the first season's villain was unarmed when he surrendered.

He faced justice. Jack Bauer style.
  • zwixxxzwixxx Posts: 10,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Margot Al-Harazi should have watched Speed and learned the old video on a loop ruse.
    Methinks Jack hasn't seen Speed either otherwise he'da been on the lookout for a loop glitch thingie, but at least he's seen Die Hard, right ?! :p
  • james_W85james_W85 Posts: 4,099
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    caz06 wrote: »
    I've got a funny feeling
    jack will be captured by the Russians and Day 10 will focus on Kate Morgan trying to free him

assuming there is a day 10 of course
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ^if this season is even moderately successful then coupled with the less-expensiveness of a series with less-Jack-in then I'm sure they'd want to give it a try to see if Kate can carry a series and possibly take over for the one after.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    james_W85 wrote: »
    assuming there is a day 10 of course

Considering how well this season has been received I'd be shocked if we don't see 24 on our screens consistently for another few years now.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    zwixxx wrote: »
    ^if this season is even moderately successful then coupled with the less-expensiveness of a series with less-Jack-in then I'm sure they'd want to give it a try to see if Kate can carry a series and possibly take over for the one after.

Oh please god no.
  • InspirationInspiration Posts: 62,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    zwixxx wrote: »

Never gonna happen. 24 is and always will be about Jack Bauer. Everyone else (except Chloe) are just extras to assist him and give him things to do and people to kill. They'd never consider a series where Jack is locked up for half of it or a series without him at all. It would never work. Not after 9 Series. Not even on a trial basis.

I do see potential for another series with Kate, Jack and Chloe taking on more classic CTU type roles however. But I'm torn. On the one hand I love 24 .. but on the other I feel like it's really scraping the bottom of the barrel at the moment. It's hardly award winning TV. I cringed at parts of this weeks episode. It was poor script writing and poor general production. The whole "Oh he's running down a tunnel and he's used a door. Oh another tunnel, another door. Oh and another tunnel, another door" chase sequence in particular. It feels like 24 on a budget and I'm not sure I like that.

Perhaps if they did get a nod for another series they'd put more resources into it and things will feel better. It's very watchable don't get me wrong.. it's 24. But it's not great IMHO. I know others will disagree.. that's fine.
  • CorabalCorabal Posts: 3,373
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like how Margot took one look at Kay Burley on screen and thought "Right, that's my target now!"
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    iiuc Don't the Chinese love giving movie studios loads of money to film there and to feature some of their famous actors + actresses ? So what with this London based series doing such a great tourist-promo type thing for the place (ish) maybe the next series can be based in another country and get partial funding from there. :)

btw: a Jackless series ?! - what WAS I thinking. :eeek:
  • Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Corabal wrote: »
    I like how Margot took one look at Kay Burley on screen and thought "Right, that's my target now!"

I was kinda gutted the attack didn't happen. It would have been so funny watching her getting blown up.

Margot's death has to be my favourite ever on 24.
  • CorabalCorabal Posts: 3,373
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was kinda gutted the attack didn't happen. It would have been so funny watching her getting blown up.

On the negative side she would have been accredited with a death on 24.
  • plateletplatelet Posts: 26,386
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Gotta love a mother & son defenestration :D