More layoffs at Grooveshark

Seth1Seth1 Posts: 676
Forum Member
✭✭
http://www.digitalmusicnews.com/permalink/2014/07/07/layoffs-grooveshark-pissed-sources-say

Looks like Pastebin is offering anonimity to whistleblowers...

Comments

• Seth1Seth1 Posts: 676
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No comments? Beginning to think DS only replies when it fits their own agenda.
  • RandomSallyRandomSally Posts: 7,071
    Forum Member
    Never heard of grooveshark or pastebin so I couldn't comment anyway. Maybe lots of DS users are the same rather than having an agenda.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,916
    Forum Member
    The first rule about Grooveshark and Pastebin is not to mention Grooveshark and Pastebin.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Never heard of grooveshark or pastebin so I couldn't comment anyway. Maybe lots of DS users are the same rather than having an agenda.

I'm not referring to the whingebags and attention seekers
  • RandomSallyRandomSally Posts: 7,071
    Forum Member
    Seth1 wrote: »
    I'm not referring to the whingebags and attention seekers

Dearie me!
    Seems to me it's you who is whinging.
    Plus you obviously were seeking attention on your thread.
  • KJ44KJ44 Posts: 38,093
    Forum Member

Perhaps the world doesn't revolve around what you consider important?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    KJ44 wrote: »
    Perhaps the world doesn't revolve around what you consider important?

Clearly. I'll just ignore the 117 people that have viewed this thread.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,899
    Forum Member
    Clearly. I'll just ignore the 117 people that have viewed this thread.

Most of those views may be from Guests. It's not an obligation that people have to post on your thread.
  • The 12th DoctorThe 12th Doctor Posts: 4,338
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What the hell is Grooveshark?
  • InkblotInkblot Posts: 26,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't realise Grooveshark was an actual company with employees. Maybe I misunderstood, but I thought it was essentially a music file-sharing site that incorporated an online player rather than offering downloads.
  • shackfanshackfan Posts: 15,461
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Look matey, you can't go round telling us what threads we should post on. I like most others here, clearly, have never heard of the 3 names you mention, so we are unlikely to have anything constructive to say. ( Can we PLEASE have our bloody rolleyes back.... I need them >:( )
  • Hollie_LouiseHollie_Louise Posts: 39,979
    Forum Member

I would have a comment if I had a clue what you were talking about
  • uniqueunique Posts: 12,432
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    http://www.digitalmusicnews.com/permalink/2014/07/07/layoffs-grooveshark-pissed-sources-say

Looks like Pastebin is offering anonimity to whistleblowers...

are you surprised by this? it's yet another streaming site being forgotten about as a result of the more well known companies that do the same thing. this company had its foundations in piracy and has had it's site blocked by court order at times, and the RIAA saying that it's employees were asked to illegally upload material, and there's a whole host of other allegations of dodgy goings on. with simple and more legal alternatives like spotify and itunes it's going to make sites like grooveshark a thing of the past
  • mgvsmithmgvsmith Posts: 16,456
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Maybe they all buy their music on CD? :)

I'm not sure what differentiates Grooveshark from Spotify and Deezer?
    Would Grooveshark be counted in this new chart regime which includes online streaming?

If I was still in an earlier life I would ask whether the staff were unionised because I suspect they are not. It seems the main change in employment practice is that employees get a chance to talk about layoffs!