Options

The Mimic (Terry Mynott) C4

Comments

• Options
    BellaRosaBellaRosa Posts: 36,591
    Forum Member
    striing wrote: »
    Has anyone bought the DVD? I'm trying to find out if there are any extras on it.

seems quite a few extras :D

http://www.play.com/DVD/DVD/4-/34600241/The-Mimic/Product.html?searchstring=the+mimic&searchsource=0&searchtype=allproducts&urlrefer=search

Click onto the rear of the dvd picture and at the bottom it tells you what is extra.
  • Options
    degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    It is good news. Cheers for the info :)
  • Options
    Prince MonaluluPrince Monalulu Posts: 35,900
    Forum Member
    Any news yet on when this is making it's return?
  • Options
    Prince MonaluluPrince Monalulu Posts: 35,900
    Forum Member
    As nobody else bumped it, show's back on the 16th.
    http://www.channel4.com/programmes/the-mimic
  • Options
    StrakerStraker Posts: 79,811
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He and "Jean" were on Sunday Brunch at the weekend.

Looking forward to it.
  • Options
    RoseAnneRoseAnne Posts: 3,203
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I noticed that he was down as a guest on this Friday's Steve Wright in the Afternoon (on radio 2) and wondered what he was promoting. I didn't realise that the other guest was "Jean". Now I know they're promoting the series. Glad it's back. :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 703
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ahh yay! I'm really looking forward to this. :)

The first series was, for my money, one of the best things on TV last year. I hope the second series retains the quality of the first series.
  • Options
    nick202nick202 Posts: 9,919
    Forum Member
    Looking forward to this tonight, especially yummy Terry :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Really enjoyed this last night even tho I don't have a clue who half the people are who he is mimicking :blush:

The buying of the car was really funny :D

Not sure why it is on at 10 pm as I am sure it would suit a 9 pm slot.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Another terrible rating for C4 - 452k. Must be the weather.
  • Options
    HankshawHankshaw Posts: 4,224
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Weather? At 10pm? It's just a world away from the slap in the face comedy Channel 4 is known for.

So glad to see this back. One of the best comedies in recent years and a show with real heart and pathos. Matt Morgan is a great writer.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hankshaw wrote: »
    Weather? At 10pm?

More people going out in the warm weather. Apparently this happens.
  • Options
    MrSuperMrSuper Posts: 18,584
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Shame the ratings are so low. They could have held it back till after summer.

Genuinely a great show. Love Terry Mynott.
  • Options
    suesuesuesuesuesue Posts: 16,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I so enjoy this, a lovely gentle comedy. Appreciated the "should have" "should of" conversation, so subtly done and appealed to my inner pedant :blush: and martin talking about keeping his dignity then driving off in jean's pink car with the eyelashes lol. The fact that I think Terry is a right sort doesn't hurt either :p
  • Options
    degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    Hankshaw wrote: »
    Weather? At 10pm? It's just a world away from the slap in the face comedy Channel 4 is known for.

So glad to see this back. One of the best comedies in recent years and a show with real heart and pathos. Matt Morgan is a great writer.
    I agree. It's nice to have a subtle subdued comedy instead of a laugh out loud obvious one.

There was a short scene that made me laugh. The jobsworth police woman who in her mind was dealing with a major incident. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    suesuesue wrote: »
    I so enjoy this, a lovely gentle comedy. Appreciated the "should have" "should of" conversation, so subtly done and appealed to my inner pedant :blush: and martin talking about keeping his dignity then driving off in jean's pink car with the eyelashes lol. The fact that I think Terry is a right sort doesn't hurt either :p

I second that :)
  • Options
    logansdadlogansdad Posts: 1,068
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you're enjoying The Mimic, I urge you all to check out "The Impression Guys" on YouTube. It's six half hour episodes about two celebrity impersonators who decide to leave the funny voices behind and become "dramatic actors". It's the same sort of gentle comedy vibe as The Mimic crossed with The Trip and a bit of Modern Family. It's pretty good imo.
  • Options
    ffa1ffa1 Posts: 2,833
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BellaRosa wrote: »
    Really enjoyed this last night even tho I don't have a clue who half the people are who he is mimicking :blush:

Not your fault. He's an awful impersonator!
  • Options
    Dilly DaydreamDilly Daydream Posts: 6,271
    Forum Member
    He's a great impersonator!

Love this show and only just realised that Martin's son Steven also plays Grey Worm in Game of Thrones :cool:

Loved Terry's impression of Tyrion Lannister :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 703
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Love this show and only just realised that Martin's son Steven also plays Grey Worm in Game of Thrones :cool:

Him pointing out that Tyrion's accent sounds a lot like Victor Meldrew has officially ruined Game of Thrones for me! :p

Brilliant first episode to the new series. The show obviously has a quiet tragedy underlining it, but it never feels depressing - it's actually rather sweet if anything.

Loved Martin and his son competing with the other mourners in the cemetery. And when the police officer mistook his Al Pacino impression for aggressive and threatening behaviour ("Sir, you need to calm down!"). I'm really glad this show is back. :D
  • Options
    Dilly DaydreamDilly Daydream Posts: 6,271
    Forum Member
    Him pointing out that Tyrion's accent sounds a lot like Victor Meldrew has officially ruined Game of Thrones for me! :p

Brilliant first episode to the new series. The show obviously has a quiet tragedy underlining it, but it never feels depressing - it's actually rather sweet if anything.

Loved Martin and his son competing with the other mourners in the cemetery. And when the police officer mistook his Al Pacino impression for aggressive and threatening behaviour ("Sir, you need to calm down!"). I'm really glad this show is back. :D

Totally agree, I always thought Tyrion's accent reminded me of someone, but hadn't connected it to Victor Meldrew until Martin said it! :D

Also liked his Harry Potter characters' impressions.
  • Options
    Forum Member

:confused::confused: This is why I do not know who he is doing :blush: The ones I know who he does do are really good. Seems I do not watch enough shows :cool:
  • Options
    RoseAnneRoseAnne Posts: 3,203
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BellaRosa wrote: »
    :confused::confused: This is why I do not know who he is doing :blush: The ones I know who he does do are really good. Seems I do not watch enough shows :cool:

I only ever recognise his Terry Wogan, Morgan Freeman and Owen Wilson! I don't watch Game of Thrones so I've just watched some 'best bits' of Tyrion on YouTube and TBH he doesn't sound anything like Victor Meldrew to me, and I know Richard Wilson's voice very well! I did enjoy the first series although I thought it was rather a weak start this time. Shame that they seem to have written his son out (or so it seems).
  • Options
    AbrielAbriel Posts: 8,525
    Forum Member
    RoseAnne wrote: »
    I only ever recognise his Terry Wogan, Morgan Freeman and Owen Wilson! I don't watch Game of Thrones so I've just watched some 'best bits' of Tyrion on YouTube and TBH he doesn't sound anything like Victor Meldrew to me, and I know Richard Wilson's voice very well! I did enjoy the first series although I thought it was rather a weak start this time. Shame that they seem to have written his son out (or so it seems).

From the first time I watched GoT he reminded me of Victor, I even posted it on a "actors who sound like other actors" thread on here:)