2014 Celebs. Who do we think?

Comments

• Sherlock_HolmesSherlock_Holmes Posts: 6,882
    Forum Member
    Much more promising names than last year. Even if he is utterly repulsive, Greg Wallace is still more famous than 75% of last years cast put together.

Think that the female line-up (bar Fiona) was very good last year. Think they might struggle to better that.

Obviously the male line-up will be better this year.

While I am glad (for the view :blush:) that Helen Skelton will probably be on strictly this year, I fear she might be too much of a combination between Susanna and Rachel (and depending on her latin outfits, Abbey).

Will be interesting to see what kind of (female) personalities they will throw into the mix with her. At least we can be sure that the search for Anton's dance partner continues :D
  • pothuthicpothuthic Posts: 47,102
    Forum Member
    I'd say Gregg Wallace, Helen Skelton, Dave Berry/Greg James, Frankie Sandford and Thom Evans are in?
  • DanslinkDanslink Posts: 8,365
    Forum Member
    Brucie's departure will mean more budget freed up for contestants so expecting good names this year. Including Mel Giedroyc.
  • 21stCenturyBoy21stCenturyBoy Posts: 44,506
    Forum Member
    I think they'll need an impressive lineup to counter out the change of presenters. The press (especially the Daily Heil) will have the knives out for any slight "weakness" in the show
  • StigOfTheKrumpStigOfTheKrump Posts: 36,363
    Forum Member
    How about Mel Giedroyc?
  • *Topaz**Topaz* Posts: 4,263
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cwickham wrote: »
    In spite of the less-than-stellar reception he's receiving here, Gregg is a good booking, as is Helen - and of the list of rumours we've got so far they seem the most likely.

Who is Gregg Wallace a good booking for though? I know he's well known thanks to the countless opportunities which for some unfathomable reason the BBC have constantly lavished upon him ( does he have dirt on someone at the BBC or something :confused: ) and he's a good booking for the BBC because they want to publicise Masterchef but other than that unless you like boisterous, charmless and egotistical personalities then I'd say he's NOT a good booking at all. I honestly didn't think it could get much worse than last year but it's beginning to look like it could be - Gregg is a complete and utter sleazoid - if anyone wants to find out about his past just do some googling to uncover the unsavoury details - People could argue that everyone deserves a second chance in life but to me he's always come across on tv as sleazy, unattractive character. I had to stop watching Masterchef mainly because of him - I couldn't stand his tough guy, shouty, over bearing personna and his fawning over the young attractive female contestants in the show. I doubt if he's changed much from his past - he's just got richer and more famous thanks to the BBC! It's also horrendous that he seems to think he's God's gift to women! He chats up via twitter and dates young women who are old enough to be his daughters - they probably wouldn't look twice at him if he wasn't loaded. He's a useless judge on Masterchef and ok you don't have to be a cordon bleu chef to judge on the show but he's so useless it's unbelievable and he's not even a great cook himself - the recipes he used to do on Saturday Kitchen were boring and when he had to cook cauliflower cheese on a tv show a while back he couldn't even cook that properly!

I'm simply appalled that he's probably now going to be on Strictly >:(:(:cry: Some posters are saying they think he will be an early boot but I doubt it because I think the BBC would want him there for at least a few weeks or more in order to publicise Masterchef - so I think they'll hype him up and make up some cock and bull story line for him >:(:( His profile is also much bigger - thanks to the BBC from when he was a first boot on that 'celebrity' 'singing' contest show! I think he might make it to around half way :o:(

I just feel so sorry for the female pro that gets him and imo the unlucky pros that may have to partner him are going be either Kristina, Ola or Aliona - Karen has had a lucky escape I doubt if she'll get Gregg because she had Dave last year - a tv cook/presenter with infinitely more charm than Gregg. I just hope that if Ola is the unlucky lady who gets him that someone has a word with James so he can keep an eye on the situation.

However, Helen Skelton does seem like a good signing - she seems a nice, wholesome, lively personaltiy - I can imagine any pro would be delighted to be paired with her.......but the fact that Gregg has probably been signed has just put a dampner on things for me.........all it needs now is a WAG and for them to sign Mark Wright and I may just have to be done with this show - at least for this series. As I've said on another thread it's a shame because I used to love this show despite all it's faults but the hype and manipulation and poor choices for the line up is just ruining it for me and I'm not sure if I can put up with it anymore..........it's times like this where I wish I could opt out of having to pay for the BBC - I resent having to pay for it when they promote the likes of WAGS and Gregg Wallace.

No apolgies for the long post but I will say I was going to refrain from posting and I didn't when I first found out because I didn't want to spoil my world cup weekend but I was so appalled about the Gregg rumour that I felt I had to have my say and I know there are some out there who just love reading my posts:D :p so I thought I just had to express my disappoinment and anger here!
    Forum Member
    ...and Dave Myers isn't a chef.
  • Agent KrycekAgent Krycek Posts: 39,269
    Forum Member
    How about Mel Giedroyc?

Who :confused:

I like Helen Skelton as a signing, I like her, she seems rather lovely, if a wee bit ditzy, from what I've seen.
  • CaroUKCaroUK Posts: 6,354
    Forum Member
    Given James' volatility, protectiveness and possessiveness where his gorgeous wife is concerned - the producers would be idiots to put her with a known sleazeball like Gregg.

James would probably insist on being present at all their training sessions to keep his eye on proceedings. Gregg puts one toe over James' propriety line and POW!!!!
  • SaraV1308SaraV1308 Posts: 9,760
    Forum Member
    *Topaz* wrote: »
    Who is Gregg Wallace a good booking for though? ...................... so I thought I just had to express my disappoinment and anger here!

And breathe.....

Do you feel better now?

I agree with most of what you are saying, especially about Wallace (Dom Littlewood and his wandering hands anyone?)
  • *Topaz**Topaz* Posts: 4,263
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SaraV1308 wrote: »
    And breathe.....

Do you feel better now?

I agree with most of what you are saying, especially about Wallace (Dom Littlewood and his wandering hands anyone?)
    Much better thanks..... for having got that all of my chest :D

But Wallace in tight lycra gyrating next to a poor unfortunate near naked pro is the stuff that nightmares are made of :o:(
  • olivejolivej Posts: 14,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    which one is Greg Wallace? I know he is one of the masterchef guys but is he the bald one or the other one?
  • Agent KrycekAgent Krycek Posts: 39,269
    Forum Member
    olivej wrote: »
    which one is Greg Wallace? I know he is one of the masterchef guys but is he the bald one or the other one?

Bald one who gets disturbingly excited about chocolate puddings and likes bellowing '5 MINUTES YOU'VE GOT 5 MINUTES' in a very non helpful manner.
    Forum Member
    Bald one who gets disturbingly excited about chocolate puddings and likes bellowing '5 MINUTES YOU'VE GOT 5 MINUTES' in a very non helpful manner.

:D:D:D
  • firefly_irlfirefly_irl Posts: 4,015
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Since its a Winter Olympic year I wouldn't be surprised to see them try and get a Winter Olympian. Jenny Jones for example got a fair bit of media attention post-Games, could be a good filler contestant who isn't a big name per se but is known.
  • Sherlock_HolmesSherlock_Holmes Posts: 6,882
    Forum Member
    Who :confused:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vcd5vOOGKV4

(the one on the right)
  • Daisy19Daisy19 Posts: 3,311
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm pleased about Helen,, she's lovely. Gregg is ok but he does get irritating at times.

These rumours are coming along nicely now :)
    Forum Member
    I know!

Mel Giedroyc.
    Forum Member
    Sue Perkins

If not her maybe her comedic partner Mel Giedroyc?
  • La RhumbaLa Rhumba Posts: 11,440
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Helen Skelton will be the obligatory "has already done a Christmas special" contestant if she's in the final line-up.

She's also in-house BBC, which is always a bonus. I'd like her to be with Tristan or Pasha (really, anyone but Anton). The temptation to put her with Kevin is there but she's a bit similar to Susanna so I'd be against that.

But isn't she a shortie? And won't Tristan *swoon* :cool: be one of the Taller male pros at 6ft? Thankfully they may not be destined for a partnership, as I loathe her hoarse shouty voice. She ruined Wimbledon radio coverage for me a few years ago, when I had no idea who this croaky irritating woman was who suddenly appeared on 5Live broadcasting with no prior sports reporter experience. Thought she must be a work experience girl, had no idea she was 'famous'. What do people love about her? I don't geddit? Plus isn't she busy training for a tightrope walk across the Zambezi River for Children In Need or something? :p

As for Gregg Wallace, he is a loud mouthed git at times, but there is a surprisingly sensitive side to him which comes out occasionally, and I'm sure he'll be on his best behaviour if picked. Generally, I thought last year's line up was really good, and I can't imagine this year's topping it to be honest.

Though I'm still gutted there are no rumours of the wonderful Strictly Fan, Emma Forbes, a big loss to TV, as far as I'm concerned, and she would be perfect as a contestant. :)
  • DanslinkDanslink Posts: 8,365
    Forum Member
    If they're struggling for names... perhaps Mel Giedroyc?
  • BRITLANDBRITLAND Posts: 3,443
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    *Topaz* wrote: »
    Who is Gregg Wallace a good booking for though? I know he's well known thanks to the countless opportunities which for some unfathomable reason the BBC have constantly lavished upon him ( does he have dirt on someone at the BBC or something :confused: ) and he's a good booking for the BBC because they want to publicise Masterchef but other than that unless you like boisterous, charmless and egotistical personalities then I'd say he's NOT a good booking at all. I honestly didn't think it could get much worse than last year but it's beginning to look like it could be - Gregg is a complete and utter sleazoid - if anyone wants to find out about his past just do some googling to uncover the unsavoury details - People could argue that everyone deserves a second chance in life but to me he's always come across on tv as sleazy, unattractive character. I had to stop watching Masterchef mainly because of him - I couldn't stand his tough guy, shouty, over bearing personna and his fawning over the young attractive female contestants in the show. I doubt if he's changed much from his past - he's just got richer and more famous thanks to the BBC! It's also horrendous that he seems to think he's God's gift to women! He chats up via twitter and dates young women who are old enough to be his daughters - they probably wouldn't look twice at him if he wasn't loaded. He's a useless judge on Masterchef and ok you don't have to be a cordon bleu chef to judge on the show but he's so useless it's unbelievable and he's not even a great cook himself - the recipes he used to do on Saturday Kitchen were boring and when he had to cook cauliflower cheese on a tv show a while back he couldn't even cook that properly!

I'm simply appalled that he's probably now going to be on Strictly >:(:(:cry: Some posters are saying they think he will be an early boot but I doubt it because I think the BBC would want him there for at least a few weeks or more in order to publicise Masterchef - so I think they'll hype him up and make up some cock and bull story line for him >:(:( His profile is also much bigger - thanks to the BBC from when he was a first boot on that 'celebrity' 'singing' contest show! I think he might make it to around half way :o:(

I just feel so sorry for the female pro that gets him and imo the unlucky pros that may have to partner him are going be either Kristina, Ola or Aliona - Karen has had a lucky escape I doubt if she'll get Gregg because she had Dave last year - a tv cook/presenter with infinitely more charm than Gregg. I just hope that if Ola is the unlucky lady who gets him that someone has a word with James so he can keep an eye on the situation.

However, Helen Skelton does seem like a good signing - she seems a nice, wholesome, lively personaltiy - I can imagine any pro would be delighted to be paired with her.......but the fact that Gregg has probably been signed has just put a dampner on things for me.........all it needs now is a WAG and for them to sign Mark Wright and I may just have to be done with this show - at least for this series. As I've said on another thread it's a shame because I used to love this show despite all it's faults but the hype and manipulation and poor choices for the line up is just ruining it for me and I'm not sure if I can put up with it anymore..........it's times like this where I wish I could opt out of having to pay for the BBC - I resent having to pay for it when they promote the likes of WAGS and Gregg Wallace.

No apolgies for the long post but I will say I was going to refrain from posting and I didn't when I first found out because I didn't want to spoil my world cup weekend but I was so appalled about the Gregg rumour that I felt I had to have my say and I know there are some out there who just love reading my posts:D :p so I thought I just had to express my disappoinment and anger here!

8O you think Gregg Wallace is bad on Masterchef? You need to take a peak at Masterchef USA hosted by the head judge who is no other than Scotland's finest cuddly anti-bullying teddy bear...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NozLWT04mso
    it's like Simon Cowell produces the show
  • LamballeLamballe Posts: 328
    Forum Member
    Danslink wrote: »
    If they're struggling for names... perhaps Mel Giedroyc?

I wouldn't say she's a "last resort" celeb compared to many previous celebs, she's a presenter on one of the most popular shows on British TV currently, and recognisable to most of BBC audience I'd say. Either way, I think she or Sue Perkins (or both!) would be a great booking.
  • olivejolivej Posts: 14,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

thanks, I find him slightly less smug and annoying than the other one!