The Chase (ITV) (Part 3)

Comments

• Benjamin SiskoBenjamin Sisko Posts: 1,921
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    0:00! That's only the second time ever that's happened! (The first was with Shaun, and even then the contestant stormed off the set. :D )

Twitter's in a rage, though, calling it a fix. The official Chase page is actually defending itself from the rage.
  • Brian ReynoldsBrian Reynolds Posts: 1,198
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is this the first time there has been a draw? They both answered 22 questions (even assuming that Paul completed the answer) So he didn't actually beat them!
  • mal2poolmal2pool Posts: 5,690
    Forum Member
    Bradley was definitely speeding up asking the questions to paul in the last stages. If he went a bit slower he wouldnt have won. 8 questions in 26 seconds in the final run. Ridiculous ! What a swizz
  • Compton_scatterCompton_scatter Posts: 2,711
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    if theres a disadvantage for the final chase, its that the contestants have to use a buzzer, the chaser doesn't.

they didn't help their cause by being woefully slow on the button. actually I recall a celeb special where one of the celebs was lightning quick on the buzzer- some posh bloke can't recall his name.

But they did get a 3 step head start and get the chance to push the Chaser back, plus they can take their time and confer on the answer so they definitely don't have a disadvantage over the Chaser!
  • Benjamin SiskoBenjamin Sisko Posts: 1,921
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Here's the earlier time this happened for comparison.

http://youtu.be/x41fDuHulRs?t=5m53s
  • HMOHMO Posts: 42,213
    Forum Member
    Amazing final chase.
  • elgransenor1elgransenor1 Posts: 1,043
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But they did get a 3 step head start and get the chance to push the Chaser back, plus they can take their time and confer on the answer so they definitely don't have a disadvantage over the Chaser!

well exactly. although the advantage the chaser has is a big one as well- he/she does it for a living.
  • Compton_scatterCompton_scatter Posts: 2,711
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    well exactly. although the advantage the chaser has is a big one as well- he/she does it for a living.

True to some extent, but I'm sure Shaun and Mark (maybe the others) hold down jobs as well, was very close tonight though!
  • GoCompareThisGoCompareThis Posts: 10,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
  • DONTBANMEDONTBANME Posts: 495
    Forum Member
    Which chaser, and in which league? I'm asking due to nosiness not because I don't believe you, incidentally.

If you've played Shaun do you agree it is possible that the greater extent that he's playing a character might make him more liable to make errors?

Mr Labett in now defunct Cardiff league, absolutely true. Remember Shaun won Mastermind playing against the clock, so he is very adept at having to answer quickly.
  • GoCompareThisGoCompareThis Posts: 10,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Here's a picture someone posted on Twitter:
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BIeLKYgCYAAU3g4.jpg

Definitely should've been a win for the contestants. ITV so robbed those people! :mad:
  • ramraider1ramraider1 Posts: 14,432
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Was this still taken before Paul said the answer ? It looks as if it possibly does. In which case you are correct - Go Compare - cheating bastards it is. They cannot get away with this . Also the speed at which Bradley asked the final 2 questions was appalling. Why does Bradley pretend to support the 'team' when he is quite clearly on ITV's side ? ITV are only happy for the team to win when the jackpot is not a life changing sum. I am a big fan of the Chase but this has left me very disillusioned. Independent adjudicator required here.:mad:
  • Yoshi FanYoshi Fan Posts: 13,913
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tonight was a swizz...that team have been robbed!:mad:
  • Brian ReynoldsBrian Reynolds Posts: 1,198
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The team got 22 - so (debatably) did the chaser. Surely he had to get 23 to win?
  • spaniel-loverspaniel-lover Posts: 4,188
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Unlucky.:(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I rewatched it a couple of times & I think the chaser did just scrape it.
  • Virgin QueenVirgin Queen Posts: 13,425
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    if theres a disadvantage for the final chase, its that the contestants have to use a buzzer, the chaser doesn't.

they didn't help their cause by being woefully slow on the button. actually I recall a celeb special where one of the celebs was lightning quick on the buzzer- some posh bloke can't recall his name.

That's true but the contestants do get a lead. E.g. if there are three of them they get a 3 point lead.
  • tsotso Posts: 25,860
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ive watched it a few times now..very debatable:(
  • king yrcanosking yrcanos Posts: 2,145
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No, I caught it again and I see that the team should've won it. I checked the Shaun Wallace episode when it happened and time ran out when he gave the answer as well. ITV are going to get bombarded, I wouldn't be surprised to see the adjucators in court to be honest.
  • king yrcanosking yrcanos Posts: 2,145
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The thing I don't understand that they accepted it even when Paul just said his first name, normally when that happens Bradley asks for the surname, but Paul sad the name after the 0:00 mark went which is just not fair.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe the confusion arises from the fact that the music starts before the clock hits 0.
  • angryquizfanangryquizfan Posts: 63
    Forum Member
    DONTBANME wrote: »
    Mr Labett in now defunct Cardiff league, absolutely true. Remember Shaun won Mastermind playing against the clock, so he is very adept at having to answer quickly.

Thanks.

Shaun wouldn't have won mastermind if it were general knowledge IMO, good though his is.
  • DONTBANMEDONTBANME Posts: 495
    Forum Member
    Here's a picture someone posted on Twitter:
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BIeLKYgCYAAU3g4.jpg

Definitely should've been a win for the contestants. ITV so robbed those people! :mad:

Hang on, isn't The Chase all above board?:rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    watched the finish on itv plus one and don't know what all the fuss is about. melanie really answered the final question in the contestants final chase, which was still given, and that happens all the time with contestants. there is a degree of leniency on there.

besides tv quizzes don't want to give away money easily, is that a shock? I was on a quiz show recently that shall rename nameless, and I was rushed on an answer. I wasn't told there was clock, time limit on questions before the show, but as soon as I was near the money they changed the rules somewhat. Of course it got edited out of the final broadcast.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I should say melanie answered the final question out of time.

Happens all the time with contestants on their individual chases and in the team.
This discussion has been closed.