Wby do dogs feet smell of Digestive biscuits...?

Comments

• pugamopugamo Posts: 18,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mine have popcorn paws too and one of them gets sweaty popcorn armpits when sleeping. It's actually the smell of yeast apparently.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 595
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I always describe their paws as having a lovely warm smell.
  • seanfseanf Posts: 3,092
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    my dogs paws just smell, her pads are also very very dry and rough.
    tim_smith wrote: »

Great thread. I am thinking of all the owners going around smelling their dog's feet.

I didn't have to go smelling them, when im on nights she sneaks in to bed with me the time ive woken up with paws in my face. I did wake once with her rear in my face thay was nasty and she is a windy dog :(
  • PencilBreathPencilBreath Posts: 3,643
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love my dogs big chunky feet & little feet potatoes.
  • Aarghawasp!Aarghawasp! Posts: 6,205
    Forum Member
    Feet potatoes! :D
  • cavallicavalli Posts: 18,738
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Popcorn here too!

Smelling their paws is sooo comforting :blush:
  • Andy2Andy2 Posts: 11,949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    We've had 3 cats and their feet have all smelled faintly of bicuits.
  • dorydaryldorydaryl Posts: 15,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Still loving this thread. Keep 'em coming.
    The popcorn/ biscuit/ feet thing is soooo true.

My cat is 17 and starting to smell a bit of old wee but she's still going strong.

I love the smell of my guinea pigs' bodies too, except for when they do cabbage trumps. Unlike other rodents, they don't smell bad at all, although it's hard to describe what they do smell like.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My black dog's head smells just like tinned chickpeas but his red headed brother smells more biscuity.
  • Millie MuppetMillie Muppet Posts: 6,853
    Forum Member
    dorydaryl wrote: »
    Still loving this thread. Keep 'em coming.
    The popcorn/ biscuit/ feet thing is soooo true.

My cat is 17 and starting to smell a bit of old wee but she's still going strong.

I love the smell of my guinea pigs' bodies too, except for when they do cabbage trumps. Unlike other rodents, they don't smell bad at all..

Wait.

There is nothing better than the smell of a warm male hamster when you take him out of his bed and he's all soft and sleepy. Put your nose in his fur and breathe in...ahh. :D

Female hamsters on the other hand, every 4 days, are quite offensive. :(

And I would like to add to the 'popcorn/ digestive' debate and say that my golden retriever's ears always smelt of Ovaltine. :D
  • kiviraatkiviraat Posts: 4,634
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :D I never imagined this thread would be so popular! I love being one of those weirdos that sniff their pets. I used to work in animal rescue, and oh my god, that kitten smell was impossible to resist! When we brought our puppy home, he had that lovely milky scent. I was so upset when it dispersed a few weeks later... Mr Kivi takes him into the shower sometimes and he runs about like a nutter afterwards :D My gerbils sometimes smell nice when they've just woken up, but sometimes they're a bit minging :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nothing on earth smells as good as puppy breath :)
  • LaceyLouelle3LaceyLouelle3 Posts: 9,682
    Forum Member
    I thought I was the only one! I adore the smell of my dogs feet, especially nice on a warm day when they've been sat out in the sun.
  • LyceumLyceum Posts: 3,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have a cat that smells like candy floss.

My dogs feet don't smell of biscuits though.

Still. Best smell ever? Puppy breath.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I never get bored of cuddling Danny's big feet!

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g63/boo4roo/chunkyfeets_zps06657f0b.png
  • ILoveMyDogILoveMyDog Posts: 26,244
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is Danny a black lab? Nice paws, where are the potatoes?
  • gemma-the-huskygemma-the-husky Posts: 18,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My dogs got no nose.
    How does he smell
    Awful

Boom boom
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ILoveMyDog wrote: »
    Is Danny a black lab? Nice paws, where are the potatoes?

Lab/Dalmation X

We should make a thread, identify the breed by posting only pictures of their feet :kitty:

Feet potatoes are how I describe his pads as they look like new potatoes when you dig them up, all close together lol!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aww, love the pic. :D

Here's my little bundle of fluff http://img845.imageshack.us/img845/5123/6fv7.jpg
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,174
    Forum Member
    Ok, just sniffed my dog's paw. He now thinks I'm a weirdo and is avoiding my eye. But, it didn't smell of anything. Will check the others when he's asleep.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ok, just sniffed my dog's paw. He now thinks I'm a weirdo and is avoiding my eye. But, it didn't smell of anything. Will check the others when he's asleep.

Just make sure he hasn't walked through anything nasty beforehand :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,174
    Forum Member
    kiviraat wrote: »
    Just make sure he hasn't walked through anything nasty beforehand :D

My dog doesn't like to step in anything nasty, and that includes puddles. He does however, love to hurl himself with reckless abandon into interesting things such as fox or badger poo, and roll around in them. Just so long as it doesn't get on his paws :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My dog doesn't like to step in anything nasty, and that includes puddles. He does however, love to hurl himself with reckless abandon into interesting things such as fox or badger poo, and roll around in them. Just so long as it doesn't get on his paws :D

Ah, one of those dogs eh? Mine gets really bloody precious when it comes to water. He hates puddles but loves jumping in the shower with you! Talk of the devil, he's just jumped up for a cuddle *sniffs his feet and tries not to look like a weirdo*
  • sadmuppetsadmuppet Posts: 8,222
    Forum Member
    Andy2 wrote: »
    We've had 3 cats and their feet have all smelled faintly of bicuits.

I've got four, and their feet all smell slightly biscuity or nutty as well! :kitty:
  • CollieWobblesCollieWobbles Posts: 27,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wait.

There is nothing better than the smell of a warm male hamster when you take him out of his bed and he's all soft and sleepy. Put your nose in his fur and breathe in...ahh. :D

Female hamsters on the other hand, every 4 days, are quite offensive. :(

And I would like to add to the 'popcorn/ digestive' debate and say that my golden retriever's ears always smelt of Ovaltine. :D

Ah hamsters have a lovely smell of pine shavings:D and my bunnies smell beautifully of newly cut hay due to the fact I get it in bales fresh off the farm:p

As for the dogs, here's mine:

IMG_0156_zpsb36d0ac1.jpg

This pic is several years old, he's now almost 13, blind and deaf, so if his feet smell its due to his age:blush:.

b81a849f745e6051dd0e4e85b58d486a_zps3ddf8945.jpg

My younger girl and I've always thought her feet smell of cheese, but after this thread I've realised they do indeed smell of digestive biscuits:D

I'm going to be wondering what my customer's dog's feet smell like now after reading this thread!:D