The DS Eurovision General Discussion Thread (Part 57)

Comments

• BigBmadBigBmad Posts: 18,278
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Where do people seriously think molly will finish? Im going for 6th
  • penguinpersonpenguinperson Posts: 16,886
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So, is there anything Eurovision related on the telly this afternoon? Got a friend round tonight so need some tunes playing while I mop the floor.

Pointless later on
  • BethnalGreenBethnalGreen Posts: 12,203
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So, is there anything Eurovision related on the telly this afternoon? Got a friend round tonight so need some tunes playing while I mop the floor.

I am doing the same thing as I have a friend coming around - I have the Eurovision radio playing on my laptop whilst I do it?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,280
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BigBmad wrote: »

I still stand by my 4th placing prediction. Top 3: Netherlands, Austria, Denmark
  • da33431da33431 Posts: 48,931
    Forum Member
    BigBmad wrote: »

I'll stick with 3rd.

Ana Mantronic on now :)
  • BigBmadBigBmad Posts: 18,278
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ana loves eurovision
  • AliceyAlicey Posts: 5,294
    Forum Member
    I think UK will finish somewhere in the 6-10 region.
  • KozmicBluesKozmicBlues Posts: 2,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am doing the same thing as I have a friend coming around - I have the Eurovision radio playing on my laptop whilst I do it?

Good plan 'bout the radio. Thanks :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If anyone watches the US series Castle, you might have been aware that Seamus Dever (Detective Ryan) is a big fan of Eurovision. He has been live-tweeting every year and even went to the show last year. I can't wait on what he has to say :D:D:D:D:D:D!!!!
  • MikayMikay Posts: 10,504
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm so bored of Poisson processes! And our lecturer integrated one wrong in the solutions so had to come online to check, and now I've been sucked in again. Noooooo!
  • 21stCenturyBoy21stCenturyBoy Posts: 44,506
    Forum Member
    I've had a last minute bout of pessimism and decided, based on everything we know so far, Molly will come a very respectable 4th. I'd love a win and believe it could still happen, but I'm hedging (or is it edging, I never know which) my bets and going to say we'll be Top 5 with at least one set of twelves (that's all I want- a 12 for Molly. She thoroughly deserves at least one!)
  • alwaysanigel247alwaysanigel247 Posts: 6,360
    Forum Member
    going 10th/11th in an Blue style result.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Good plan 'bout the radio. Thanks :)

You are welcome and am glad to help! :D
  • basdfgbasdfg Posts: 6,764
    Forum Member
    Sammy2 wrote: »
    I made a quick map of the voting order tonight http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a231/Sam11235813/Eurovisionvotingordermap.jpg

lighter countries vote earlier, darker countries vote later and light blue countries don't vote

It's only based on the jury results so might not tell us anything though
    You have made a slight mistake. Slovenia is coloured in as not voting part while Slovakia is coloured in as voting late. Should be the other way around.
  • xeoxeo Posts: 6,429
    Forum Member
    I'm going to say 4th for Molly. I think a win is possible though.
  • Wee_OneWee_One Posts: 680
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I refuse to let any thought of anything other than first enter my head!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've had a last minute bout of pessimism and decided, based on everything we know so far, Molly will come a very respectable 4th. I'd love a win and believe it could still happen, but I'm hedging (or is it edging, I never know which) my bets and going to say we'll be Top 5 with at least one set of twelves (that's all I want- a 12 for Molly. She thoroughly deserves at least one!)

I am feeling a little pessimistic too. All the ones people are now saying will win, I don't want them too. Would rather Hungary wins or Romania (god forbid) than Sweden, Netherlands or Austria. I do want all of those ones in the top ten though - I don't mean I hate them just don't think a win of some of them will move the contest in the right direction. As for Molly, well when this started I thought we could say that the BBC's approach was a success if we came top ten and I would be happy with that. Now I think it will be really disappointing if we came anything less than 5th. I won't be entirely unhappy with top ten, but I just think in terms of changing people's perception of the UK in Eurovision needs to be more of a Jade result than a Blue?
  • 21stCenturyBoy21stCenturyBoy Posts: 44,506
    Forum Member
    going 10th/11th in an Blue style result.

That would be so unfair for Molly, though.

Blue really flubbed their vocals and staging and still managed Top 5 on televote.
    Forum Member
    I love Ana, but she won't be DJing my parties after hearing that song :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That would be so unfair for Molly, though.

Blue really flubbed their vocals and staging and still managed Top 5 on televote.

I agree. Molly is superior to Blue on all levels. The fact that Jedward beat Blue convincingly that year said it all really.
    Forum Member
    Nothing less than matching Jade will do for me.
  • kobiashimaruxkobiashimarux Posts: 8,619
    Forum Member
    Molly 5th , win possible imho Please not Denmark. (really don't like that one much)
  • hilduffluvahilduffluva Posts: 3,969
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BAD NEWS Molly has apparently lost her voice apparently they will play her performance from last night:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/eurovision-2014-molly-smitten-downes-forced-3521111
  • Sammy2Sammy2 Posts: 2,632
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    basdfg wrote: »
    You have made a slight mistake. Slovenia is coloured in as not voting part while Slovakia is coloured in as voting late. Should be the other way around.

Ah good spot, sorry
    I wonder if they order the voting to make it interesting if the voting was 100% jury, or if they consider who the favourites with the public are as well for the order
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BAD NEWS Molly has apparently lost her voice apparently they will play her performance from last night:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/eurovision-2014-molly-smitten-downes-forced-3521111

Don't believe a single word of it. It is The Mirror after all.
This discussion has been closed.