MK8 - free game

fastest fingerfastest finger Posts: 12,871
Forum Member
✭✭
As I'm sure many of you already know, if you download or buy & register Mario Kart 8 before July 31st 2014 you get to choose a free game download. The choices are -

Nintendo Land
New Super Mario Bros. U
Game & Wario
Pikmin 3
The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD
Sonic Lost World
Mario & Sonic at the Sochi 2014 Olympic Winter Games
Wii Party U
The Wonderful 101
Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate

Personally I'm torn between Wonderful 101 or Zelda.

What's everyone else going for?

Any advice for those of us that are undecided?

Comments

• -GONZO--GONZO- Posts: 9,624
    Forum Member
    Zelda for me.
  • brbbrb Posts: 27,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Still deciding.

Torn between Wonderful 101, Sonic Lost World and the Sochi Olympics. Hate the demos of the first 2, and the latter online multiplayer may be fun. I already have all the others or I'm just not interested in them anyway.
  • TheTrader78TheTrader78 Posts: 948
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Either Monster Hunter or Sonic for me as I have the other 8.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 187
    Forum Member
    I have a 5 year old son, and have recently purchased a Wii U. I'm getting Mario Kart on Friday and will be claiming my free game.

So, for a fun co-op experience, myself, my 5 year old son and possibly my young niece and nephew, which of the free games would you recommend? (excluding Wii U Party, as I'm picking this up today hopefully).
  • davordavor Posts: 6,874
    Forum Member
    I still have Zelda for my old wii, good game. Mario and Zelda for me.
  • samcains90samcains90 Posts: 4,566
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pikmin 3, already have Zelda and not really interested in the rest.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,357
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Zelda for me.
  • lymlym Posts: 2,181
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm getting Pikmin 3.
  • LandslideBradLandslideBrad Posts: 5,085
    Forum Member
    I was going to go for Nintendo Land but on Amazon its only like £13 whereas Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate is £40. I don't usually play long games with storylines, I'm more of a casual gamer but this looks cool and I might as well get my moneys worth. I was planning on buying Nintendo Land anyway but we'll see. I need to check out the other games too.
  • LathamiteLathamite Posts: 638
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nothing particularly inspiring that I don't already own.

I'd highly recommend Pikmin 3 - especially if you've never tried the franchise before.
    Forum Member
    Got my Zelda HD code all ready and waiting for when I get home from work to download :)
  • CoolboyACoolboyA Posts: 10,447
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Chose Wonderful 101 as I own most of the rest and Monster Hunter doesn't seem my thing.

One issue I do have with it is that in order for me to download it, I had to attach extra storage. Fine. But the Wii U couldn't power my HDD so I had to use another. But now I've discovered that the Wii U defaults to storing everything on your external USB even if there isn't room and it won't let you chose to install it on the internal USB!

What gives, Nintendo?!
  • Jon79Jon79 Posts: 1,400
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lathamite wrote: »
    Nothing particularly inspiring that I don't already own.

I'd highly recommend Pikmin 3 - especially if you've never tried the franchise before.

Pikmin 3 was one of the reasons I bought the WiiU so I already own it. I agree that it's a fantastic little game. Wonderful 101 and Monster Hunter are unknowns to me. I've grabbed the demos so I can get a taste of both before I pick my free game. The safe option is Zelda HD but i'm not convinced it has aged well. It might look good but the gameplay looks tired and boring. It does look fantastic though! Choices :confused:
  • gdjman68wasdigigdjman68wasdigi Posts: 21,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i went for Zelda....

£39.00 for MK8 and Zelda WW...

bargain of the year
  • MoggioMoggio Posts: 4,289
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jon79 wrote: »
    The safe option is Zelda HD but i'm not convinced it has aged well.

It has.
  • fluffedfluffed Posts: 1,791
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Already had Zelda, went for MH3.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Got my free game went for Zelda wind waker still can't get myself off of MK 8 to play it.
  • fastest fingerfastest finger Posts: 12,871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Went for Pikmin 3 in the end. Wonderful 101 got mixed reviews and I simply don't have the time to invest in Zelda right now.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pikmin 3 has just got an update for touch screen controls might need to pick it up at some point.
  • brbbrb Posts: 27,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    think I'll probably go for Game&Wario. I was just gonna go with Sonic, but after playing the demo again yesterday, I remember what I hated about it :D
  • DazerUKDazerUK Posts: 1,362
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Posted by error
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 198
    Forum Member
    brb wrote: »
    think I'll probably go for Game&Wario. I was just gonna go with Sonic, but after playing the demo again yesterday, I remember what I hated about it :D

This is my dilemma!

I really want to like this game but the demo does nothing to grab me. But seriously, is there anyone here who would recommend it? Pease tell me.

Currently it's 101 or Sonic for me...
  • LandslideBradLandslideBrad Posts: 5,085
    Forum Member
    I checked out the demos for Sonic, 101 and MH3 and I didn't like any if them so I'm either going for Wario or Nintendo Land, probably the latter but I was going to get it in physical format.
  • James_MonnellyJames_Monnelly Posts: 883
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hi can someone explain how to get the free game? Thks
    Forum Member
    Hi can someone explain how to get the free game? Thks

Register promo MK8 code with club Nintendo, select promo link, select game of choice and do the survey, obtain game code, enter into eShop, download game.