Alternative to Tor Browser

FIFA1966FIFA1966 Posts: 1,101
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Can anyone tell me as to what other browser I can use other than the Tor browser?

I already have Google Chrome, Pale Moon and Internet Explorer installed.

I don't want the NSA snooping on my web activity, because recently I've read that the NSA are planning on infiltrating the Tor browser.

Comments

• SambdaSambda Posts: 6,207
    Forum Member
    FIFA1966 wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me as to what other browser I can use other than the Tor browser?

I already have Google Chrome, Pale Moon and Internet Explorer installed.

I don't want the NSA snooping on my web activity, because recently I've read that the NSA are planning on infiltrating the Tor browser.

They are already looking at anybody using it. Let's face it, 95% of people using TOR are up to no good, so they could seize such people's computers on spec and have a very high hit rate for prosecution.
  • ironjadeironjade Posts: 10,010
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You have to be desperate to use Tor in the first place. It's slow and many useful features are disabled.
    Do you really think the NSA gives a monkey's what you do on the internet?
  • call100call100 Posts: 7,278
    Forum Member
    Sambda wrote: »
    They are already looking at anybody using it. Let's face it, 95% of people using TOR are up to no good, so they could seize such people's computers on spec and have a very high hit rate for prosecution.

Hilarious....:D
  • s2ks2k Posts: 7,417
    Forum Member
    The Tor browser is just Firefox portable with proxy settings pre-configured and a few tweaks to increase privacy. Any speculation I have heard regarding the NSA and Tor has been related to the network itself, meaning it wont make a blind bit of difference what browser you are using. If anything you are putting yourself more at risk by deviating away from the standard browser since there are plenty of addons and extensions that can leak your real IP, as well as things like Javascript that are all enabled by default.
  • ba_baracusba_baracus Posts: 3,236
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Get a VPN which doesn't keep records, eg proxy.sh claims not to.

Then use whichever browser you want.
  • Michael_LambertMichael_Lambert Posts: 75
    Forum Member
    Sambda wrote: »

95% seems a bit high I'm sure the majority are there because it's cool.
  • FIFA1966FIFA1966 Posts: 1,101
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ba_baracus wrote: »
    Get a VPN which doesn't keep records, eg proxy.sh claims not to.

Then use whichever browser you want.

What is a VPN and how do I use it because I don't want to pay for it.
  • FIFA1966FIFA1966 Posts: 1,101
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What about Freenet and Tails CD?

What I mean by Tails CD is kind of like Tor.
  • radioanorakradioanorak Posts: 4,247
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There are browser extensions such as Media Hint or Hola which you can use
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,078
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The NSA won't track your browsing. They know where you are by your phone. They're coming for you and your friends. Right now.