Good Men's Facewash/Moisturiser

EvanWhisper05EvanWhisper05 Posts: 3,094
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I was wondering if anyone could recommend some good moisturiser and facial scrub for men?

I have very pale skin and I've come out in a couple of spots recently and was wondering what the best thing to use to help clear it up.

Thanks

Comments

• Red ArrowRed Arrow Posts: 10,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My OH got me Nivea For Men rehydrating moisturiser and there exfoliating face scrub.

My face gets rather dry during the winter and starts to flack a bit. Any other moisturiser I used made my skin very greasy looking, but this stuff doesn't.

The face scrub is suppose to unblock pores, but I haven't really used that one much so can't comment. But they are cheapish so perhaps worth a look.
  • MagicSpongeMagicSponge Posts: 24
    Forum Member
    Yeah I've used Nivea For Men before too. I had to use the sensitive range though, otherwise I came out in spots (think I'm allergic to the smelly stuff they put in).
  • Mark39LondonMark39London Posts: 3,977
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I exfoliate my face about once a week (max), I don't think you should do it too often. Fot moisturizing, I use Nivea Creme (the blue pot) and Clarins Men Super Moisture Balm.
  • pburke90pburke90 Posts: 14,758
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I got a free moisturiser with a pack of razor blades and razor, it's Gilette's own brand after shave moisturiser. Smells quite nice and although it does leave the skin slightly oily ir definitely gets rid of any dryness in my face and a little bit goes a long way.

I may try the Nivea face scrub and moisturiser though I have heard good things about it.
  • MrsWatermelonMrsWatermelon Posts: 3,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My husband uses the Nivea one and it's great for his skin. I use it on my hands sometimes and it's good quality cream.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 845
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Liz Earle's hot cloth face wash is suitable for men, and I think they also do a men's moisturiser.
  • jimbo1962jimbo1962 Posts: 2,552
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    clinique mild facial soap does a good job
  • boozer3boozer3 Posts: 2,960
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Simple range is very good and cheap as chips. The loreal stuff and others is seriously overpriced.
  • 19Nick6819Nick68 Posts: 1,792
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Clinique facial scrub is fantastic, a bit expensive but I get an incredibly close shave after using it.
  • WolfsheadishWolfsheadish Posts: 10,400
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wouldn't recommend anything by Nivea but Burt's Bees make some great face washes and anyone's allowed to use them! :D

http://www.burtsbees.co.uk/natural-products/face-care-facial-scrubs-toners/
  • Rae_RooRae_Roo Posts: 1,185
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Argent118 wrote: »
    Liz Earle's hot cloth face wash is suitable for men, and I think they also do a men's moisturiser.

Wow, this was the one I was going to mention! It's amazing, feels like your skin has been cleaned from the inside out....

My OH uses this now, I tried it on him once, and he uses the small bottle now, and finds it great at clearing pores!

Couldn't recommend it highly enough!
  • TelevisionUserTelevisionUser Posts: 41,416
    Forum Member
    For a moisturiser, you could always try Dr Organic's Organic Aloe Vera Skin Lotion which is free of parabens, etc. http://www.drorganic.co.uk/aloe-products.asp (top row, fourth one along)
  • 80sfan80sfan Posts: 18,522
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dove for Men is good
  • welwynrosewelwynrose Posts: 33,666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My husband swears by the L'Oreal range
  • Jay BigzJay Bigz Posts: 5,338
    Forum Member
    Dr Organic Manuka Honey Face Scrub is a good one for a facial scrub - Only £5.99 from Holland & Barrett.

For moisturising, the Dr Organic Vitamin E Skin Lotion is perfect for the face and entire body - Also £6.49 from Holland & Barrett.

Good value when brought together as you can usually get some sort of deal in the store e.g buy one, get one half price,

I find the above are great for the skin, and just as good as any far more expensive types I've used in the past.